Hamilton PD: "One Set of Human Remains"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading what "they" said and then I looked at the website and the picture in the newspaper and the two just do not add up. They could have made a mistake with the picture suppose but I clearly remember seeing the same incinerator in an aerial shot as well.

Honestly, I would be very interested in your personal feeed back.....look at the manufacturers website and all of the models and again at the May 17 image in the Star and tell me what you see.

The pic from the farm and the pic on the Supernova website look identical to me...but the one on the farm has been mounted to a trailer along with a propane tank, and has the afterburner attachment (the big drum on top with the red box). The website pics don't show the afterburner, which is an option.

This looks almost identical other than the colour. It's a "Vermeer BC1400XL"

1.jpg

I may have been wrong about the model number of the wood chipper that was in the hanger. The BC100XL looks very similar. And the reason I'm bringing this up again? You never know.

Jan 6 2012:

Police hunt stolen brush chipper

OAKVILLE The town parks department wants its chipper back.

Police say the bright yellow, $35,000 brush chipper was stolen during a break in at the town yard on Cornwall Road in Oakville between Jan. 6 and Jan. 9.

Thieves cut a padlock off a gate to the fenced compound and then backed a vehicle inside to hook up to the chipper and towed it away.

The machine is described as a bright yellow, 2007, Vermeer BC100XL brush chipper

“Town of Oakville” and Unit # 23101 is printed on the front and rear of the chipper and it has a custom black rubber coating along the bottom half of the wood chip chute.

Anyone who spots the machine or has information about the machine are asked to contact Detective constables MacAulay at 905-825-4747 ext 2258 or Brettschneider at 905-825-4747 ext. 2284, Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222-8477

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2229059-police-hunt-stolen-brush-chipper/

I may have been wrong about the model number of the wood chipper that was in the hanger. The BC100XL looks very similar. And the reason I'm bringing this up again? You never know.
<rsbm>

Good find Ianman.

Well, the thieves may have been wrong about the model number too :floorlaugh:

The 2007 BC1000XL came with a Cummins diesel engine, but I don't think the BC100XL did.

Jan 6 2012:

Police hunt stolen brush chipper

OAKVILLE The town parks department wants its chipper back.

Police say the bright yellow, $35,000 brush chipper was stolen during a break in at the town yard on Cornwall Road in Oakville between Jan. 6 and Jan. 9.

Thieves cut a padlock off a gate to the fenced compound and then backed a vehicle inside to hook up to the chipper and towed it away.

The machine is described as a bright yellow, 2007, Vermeer BC100XL brush chipper

“Town of Oakville” and Unit # 23101 is printed on the front and rear of the chipper and it has a custom black rubber coating along the bottom half of the wood chip chute.

Anyone who spots the machine or has information about the machine are asked to contact Detective constables MacAulay at 905-825-4747 ext 2258 or Brettschneider at 905-825-4747 ext. 2284, Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222-8477

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2229059-police-hunt-stolen-brush-chipper/

Good find.

<rsbm>

Good find Ianman.

Well, the thieves may have been wrong about the model number too :floorlaugh:

The 2007 BC1000XL came with a Cummins diesel engine, but I don't think the BC100XL did.

I'm not having any luck on finding info about the 100XL. I get lots of hits, but then the actual results show pictures of a 1000XL. Perhaps there is no such thing as a 100XL.

Anyway, there certainly is a good chance of a connection here. The one in the hanger (probable chop shop) looks like it has been painted (odd colour, no decals) and the Oakville storage yard is about 5km from MS's house.

Very interesting! I wonder if its linked to the group? I also find it interesting that a Cummins engine comes up again.

I'm not having any luck on finding info about the 100XL. I get lots of hits, but then the actual results show pictures of a 1000XL. Perhaps there is no such thing as a 100XL.

Anyway, there certainly is a good chance of a connection here. The one in the hanger (probable chop shop) looks like it has been painted (odd colour, no decals) and the Oakville storage yard is about 5km from MS's house.
I think you are onto something here..I tried looking for the picture in the hanger you are talking about but could not find the one you are referring to

And yes it does look like it has been painted. JMO

Side by side of chipper in hangar and a Vermeer BC1000XL from an unrelated 'For Sale' ad.

set668.jpg

And yes it does look like it has been painted. JMO

And it looks like the chute may have the "custom black rubber coating" as well.

Excellent work lanman! I hope you've called it in. Definitely warrants a closer look.

(odd colour, no decals)

but the yellow example you posted below has no decals...

google "wood chipper" -- all sorts of colors out there...

Side by side of chipper in hangar and a Vermeer BC1000XL from an unrelated 'For Sale' ad.

set668.jpg

looks like the slope to the right at the front is more round on the yellow one...

Since I just sold my own Vermeer wood chipper (Having been in the business for years), I can assure you THAT is a repainted Vermeer BC1000XL. It's new enough to not NEED a paint job. I'd be suspicious of that particular machine's provenance.

And it looks like the chute may have the "custom black rubber coating" as well.

Excellent work lanman! I hope you've called it in. Definitely warrants a closer look.

There were several LE vehicles parked all around the chipper at the hanger, I'm sure they've already taken a pretty close look at it.

but the yellow example you posted below has no decals...

google "wood chipper" -- all sorts of colors out there...looks like the slope to the right at the front is more round on the yellow one...

From most of the pictures, the decals are usually on the left side. We have a clear view of the hanger chipper from the news videos, and there are no decals on either side. As far as colours go, if you google Vermeer wood chipper, almost all are yellow. I havent seen any google pictures that are the same colour as the hanger one.

Anyway, if this is in fact the stolen chipper from Oakville, LE would have figured that out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinas79