Hank Croslin Jr Talks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am already of the opinion that Misty cannot tell time. Or not very well. I think she knows the hours-3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, etc but not the quarter of or half past. 6:30, 3:15 etc. I also think she does not know measurements-feet, inches, yards. I think she can cook, but cannot probably read 'measurements-1/4 cup, 1/2 cup. 1tsp vs 1 tbs. The family she grew up in certainly did not give her cooking lessons, and her inability to do math is probably a learning disability, diagnosed or not. This very well is why she couldn't learn, school was hard and she stopped going.

Therefore. I don't give too much credence to 'she went to bed at 10:00..or 10:30...or 11:00. it is very likely was she went to bed at 8 or 8:30, right after the kids. Either she didn't feel comfortable saying she went to bed that early, or she glances at a clock and reads the big number...I don't think anything based on Misty's time perceptions will be accurate.

I think she has a memory for 'things'...but not details. She may know Haleigh was dressed, but not what she was wearing. She may know it was cold, but not the temperature. I don't think Misty is lying as much as she has limited cognizance and memory. Details have probably been relatively unimportant to her, and she never trained herself to remember them. She reminds me of many special education children I have worked with with learning disabilities. I feel like they paint the world with a large paintbrush, but cannot use the smaller brush for details. She probably was perfectly capable to watch the children, run a washer, cook a simple meal, and put them to bed. But when an emergency came up, she would be unprepared to handle it. She probably slept the sleep of a child herself, not anticipating any danger (doors were locked) and sleeping deeply til Ron got home and the 'world was well". She leaves out important details because details are unimportant to her-they don't barely imprint in her mind. When asked about these details, she is probably trying to remember and fill in these gaps, but doesn't appear accurate as she may be 'creating' them, or again, didn't notice them well in the first place.

I don't see deception, as much as I see confusion. She is overwhelmed, and probably realistically has 'no clue'. Myself? I do feel she was home sleeping-whether drug or alcohol induced, or just the dead sleep of a child. I honestly believe she really has no idea of what happened. Failing the lie detectors could be because she 'thinks' she knows what 'may' have happened. It could be fear, and it could be worry-in my opinion, she has some guesses of her own. It may also be the way the questions are asked-for accurate answers, the questions would have to be asked in a manner and language she understands. Someones mind would have to understand the way her mind works, and ask accordingly. Perhaps someone local in the area who is used to teaching or working with special-needs children and learning-impaired children could question Misty-they may get better results, phrasing questions in dialect and words in a manner that are simple yes or no answers, or questions that address the way Misty's thought processes would work.

I respect your opinion, but if this is the case, RC should have his parental rights taken away for leaving his children with someone who is so mentally/developmentally disabled. Then his mom being ok with it, too? And her mom agreeing to let them marry if she has so many developmental problems? To leave his children with someone who couldn't even read a digital clock?!? Again, respect your opinion, but someone BETTER be held accountable if this is the case.

I am sorry but this whole Tommy thing has my hinky meter going off more so now then before. First of all the bond, outrageous for the crime, second of all NOT TELLING YOUR WIFE that you went to the MH to "check" on Misty, now thats a red flag. Why would he not tell Lindsy, if it was such an innocent act why not let alone tell your wife, but not tell anyone else?
I truly think that he has something to do with Haleigh's abduction, he is placing himself at the crime scene and now after almost 8 months he states he was there and nobody answered the door, please! I honestly believe that PCSO thinks that he also had something to do with this, and they are just keeping close to the vest to see what will come next. Also why would he say "he's where he belongs" or something to that effect, why, why would you say that over gun charges, sorry buddy something is not right here :banghead:
I suspect Tommy is being pressured with more charges. Rons gun was stolen and was told where to find in the ditch, it was assumed it was cousin Joe early on and after we have been made aware of Tommys MO It stands to reason that LE might be appliying pressure with other possible charges. This is just MY opinion.

I respect your opinion, but if this is the case, RC should have his parental rights taken away for leaving his children with someone who is so mentally/developmentally disabled. Then his mom being ok with it, too? And her mom agreeing to let them marry if she has so many developmental problems? To leave his children with someone who couldn't even read a digital clock?!? Again, respect your opinion, but someone BETTER be held accountable if this is the case.

If this is the case, Misty was let down and taken advantage of and Haleigh and Jr. were let down. Hope not.

IMO it doesn't sound like the family considers her mentally or developmentally disabled because they said she was such a brilliant caretaker and considered her mature enough to be emancipated as a minor.

Hold on, now ... lol I agree with your general point, but for my own security I have to respond to the bolded... As I posted last night, there are many people - highly intelligent people, including Einstein and Edison - who are not observant of details like that, but can be when they are motivated. I used myself as an example last night - I very often only pay attention to the first number. I also couldn't begin to tell you what anyone is wearing, or dates, weights, heights, or several other things. Heck, I don't know right now what hour it is. lol I'm always shocked and dismayed.

But I'm not guilty of anything or stupid - had a high gpa all the way through grad school, and I can crunch out very detailed statistical computations in my head, etc. It's just a cognitive type thing is all... :eek:

Anyway, judging from her statements, I think it is fair to say that Misty could possibly be that way, and judging by her writing, she could have an LD - even 5th graders typically write better than that, and her school history fits. Without support, those with LDs are very likely to drop out.

Unfortunately, the armchair analysis has gone far beyond that and taken egregious liberties and leaps in logic - not only in diagnosis and presuming to know her IQ within 10 points (!), but in assuming these are things LE wouldn't understand, and even to excusing lies because they were first stated in confusion and she didn't want to confess them. :snooty:

(I really shouldn't be trying to post now - no sleep and now on pain pills, but until I crash... :crazy: )

This is important for two reasons:

1. If anything ever happens around me, I don't want to be suspected here for not knowing details like that, or trashed as a mother for googling school times as needed instead of knowing it offhand. :D

2. I guarantee that, while we spend time wrapped around the axle over these detail things, LE has much bigger reasons for not believing Misty - reasons that can't be glossed over by all the excuses attempted here. :rolleyes:

There are many people who have some disabilities or shortcomings but are good caregivers of children or others. Just because someone is illiterate or undereducated or has a learning disability doesn't mean that they cannot love or take care of kids. Generations ago it was common for older children with little or no education to raise their younger brothers and sisters since their parents had to work. Today we are so conditioned to having 2-3 year olds in fancy preschools getting very structured, highly specialized training that we tend to think this is the norm. In the 50's, when my mom worked, I was raised by my very loving great aunt who never reached the 8th grade and didn't know how to drive. Nobody thought that my mom should lose her parental rights for this arrangement!

See first quote, hopefully I did it correctly! I was just going by what I was reading, maybe I should not do that! LOL

I don't believe Ron asked Tommy to go to his home at night.

I don't believe Lisas statement she never knew anything about this after this long. It's a stretch that she wasn't aware of the initial call. So I'll give her that. But then after all these months, no. I also include Hank sr. and Lindsay, as they were in the home also. Explains why everyone moves to get as far away from LE and questioning as their able to. Poor Lindsay, she's stuck with young children, hope she has some family support on her side of the family. This is going to be devastating to her, believing in her husband. I would be bonkers if my hubby just admitted he had been to the home of a missing child and never told anyone, especially me. :waitasec:

I think it’s possible that Ron called to see if they have heard from Misty but I
don’t think he would send Hand over to check. I don’t think Ron trusted Hank
especially after the missing gun.
I also think it’s weird that Lisa claims she didn’t know about the “call to check”
and the fact that Hank said he actually went to check. They lived in
the same house! If Hank did get a call then I’m sure he would have asked
everyone in the house if they had seen or talked to Misty before he went
over there.... unless he didn't go over to check but to do something else.
They say that Misty is holding back information but HELLO… look at what
Hank just said after this long!
If you believe that Hank just told LE he went to the home around 10 that night
ask yourself… why would he put himself there that night and why now?
Especially IF Misty wasn’t home and didn’t see him?
IMO someone saw him or he thinks someone saw him!

JMO

See first quote, hopefully I did it correctly! I was just going by what I was reading, maybe I should not do that! LOL

lol.....No worries.........I thought I missed something. :crazy:

I don't believe Lisas statement she never knew anything about this after this long. It's a stretch that she wasn't aware of the initial call. So I'll give her that. But then after all these months, no. I also include Hank sr. and Lindsay, as they were in the home also. Explains why everyone moves to get as far away from LE and questioning as their able to. Poor Lindsay, she's stuck with young children, hope she has some family support on her side of the family. This is going to be devastating to her, believing in her husband. I would be bonkers if my hubby just admitted he had been to the home of a missing child and never told anyone, especially me. :waitasec:[/QUOTE]

BBM.

I must have missed something. When did we find out Tommy did NOT tell Lindsey? And is there a linky?

Sorry, here it is :loser:

The problem with entrusting children w/ Misty has nothin to do w/ her education or any LD, but has everything to do w/ her poor judgment, morals, and choices in friends and ...chemically-based recreational pursuits...

First we don't know if Tommy didn't call ron back. He could of. 2nd we don't know what time RC called Tommy we only have Tommy saying he went and checked around 10 pm, but we have Mr. Shoemaker that says

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR HALEIGH`S FATHER, RONALD CUMMINGS: Well, he`s kind of shocked that Misty`s brother went over there that evening. He said all along that he did call the house of Hank Jr. and asked him whether or not Misty was there. But he doesn`t -- he`s never said that he asked them to go look for her. He just asked if she was over there. And that was at about 9:00. So I think Hank Jr.`s timeline is a little off.

so between 8:30 and 9:00 pm Ron called Misty 20 times and no answer. So he calls her brother and he waits an hour he does have kids maybe he couldn't leave right away or maybe Shoemaker is off and it was 10 pm either way he said No one answered. Now we know he made 20 calls to misty that night but only two pings from his work, where were thoes other 18 pings from?
If Misty & Ron had a big fight on the phone at 8:30, and Misty hung up, I would believe that Ron would try and call her back right away to either get in the last word or to resolve the arguement. If he didn't get an answer, it would not be surprising that he would try again numerous times in succession. Once his patience ran out, then it is not unreasonable that his next move would have been to check with Misty's brother to see if he had seen Misty. If Tommy called Ron back later and told him that all looked well in the trailer and they were all asleep, then I think Ron would have bought this and not been concerned about his family. He would have completed his shift, stopped for cigs & snacks on the way home and bought cigs for Misty as a peace offering. This scenario doesn't sound strange to me.

The big question is what did Tommy really do that evening? It sounds like he did go to the MH because I don't think he would have placed himself there if he hadn't. If he went earlier than he said, it's possible that Misty was still awake and he talked to her. Could they have had something to drink and he slipped her a drug and then unlocked the side door? Since he's a known thief, possibly he saw a chance to come back later and take something (Ron's gun?). Or did he tell someone else that Misty was "out", the MH was unlocked, and Ron would not be back until at least after midnight? IMO, this is a possibility.

Tommy could have been the enabler, but who could have been the perp?

There are many people who have some disabilities or shortcomings but are good caregivers of children or others. Just because someone is illiterate or undereducated or has a learning disability doesn't mean that they cannot love or take care of kids. Generations ago it was common for older children with little or no education to raise their younger brothers and sisters since their parents had to work. Today we are so conditioned to having 2-3 year olds in fancy preschools getting very structured, highly specialized training that we tend to think this is the norm. In the 50's, when my mom worked, I was raised by my very loving great aunt who never reached the 8th grade and didn't know how to drive. Nobody thought that my mom should lose her parental rights for this arrangement!

Yes but if someone's mental disabilities cause them to lie to LE when their charge disappears it should definitely disqualify them from any future babysitting jobs.

If Misty & Ron had a big fight on the phone at 8:30, and Misty hung up, I would believe that Ron would try and call her back right away to either get in the last word or to resolve the arguement. If he didn't get an answer, it would not be surprising that he would try again numerous times in succession. Once his patience ran out, then it is not unreasonable that his next move would have been to check with Misty's brother to see if he had seen Misty. If Tommy called Ron back later and told him that all looked well in the trailer and they were all asleep, then I think Ron would have bought this and not been concerned about his family. He would have completed his shift, stopped for cigs & snacks on the way home and bought cigs for Misty as a peace offering. This scenario doesn't sound strange to me.

The big question is what did Tommy really do that evening? It sounds like he did go to the MH because I don't think he would have placed himself there if he hadn't. If he went earlier than he said, it's possible that Misty was still awake and he talked to her. Could they have had something to drink and he slipped her a drug and then unlocked the side door? Since he's a known thief, possibly he saw a chance to come back later and take something (Ron's gun?). Or did he tell someone else that Misty was "out", the MH was unlocked, and Ron would not be back until at least after midnight? IMO, this is a possibility.

Tommy could have been the enabler, but who could have been the perp?
No one else collaberates this assertion. He is either stupid enough to think he could tell this lie and get away with it and place himself at the MH with no fear of being put on LE radar. No one else claimed Tommy went to the mh that night after recieving Rons call. I am not going to base my understanding or logic on rumors and thearies. We have still no confirmation Misty was not home.

Wonder if Tommy has been Poylgraphed??

He had not taken one prior to them taking him and his wife in for questioning which was a couple of weeks before his arrest according to his father. If LE has gotten him to take one since we don't know, but the statements coming from Maj. Bowling do not seem to suggest he has taken one, imo.

The problem with entrusting children w/ Misty has nothin to do w/ her education or any LD, but has everything to do w/ her poor judgment, morals, and choices in friends and ...chemically-based recreational pursuits...

:clap: (bbm) Agree Muffet 100% :thumb: LD or not it isn't what's at issue. Regardless of her intelligence or how else Misty is depicted I am not in the least confused: it is w/out question a CHARACTER issue! As is the case w RC, it is strictly a matter of judgment (dangers to which children were exposed eg) and morals as you point out--along w priorities, values, not to mention conflict resolution, discipline methods and other sorts of modeling provided for these children, etc. Misty and RC were and still are both tragically ill-prepared and equipped by these standards nor willing to make the sacrifices needed to ensure these children were raised in a stable, healthy environment. But let's be clear, neither the multiple risk factors in these childrens' lives nor ensuing hindrances to this investigation have any more to do with intelligence than w income or housing. JMO

:parrot:

I don't believe Lisas statement she never knew anything about this after this long. It's a stretch that she wasn't aware of the initial call. So I'll give her that. But then after all these months, no. I also include Hank sr. and Lindsay, as they were in the home also. Explains why everyone moves to get as far away from LE and questioning as their able to. Poor Lindsay, she's stuck with young children, hope she has some family support on her side of the family. This is going to be devastating to her, believing in her husband. I would be bonkers if my hubby just admitted he had been to the home of a missing child and never told anyone, especially me. :waitasec:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, here it is :loser:

Did Hank Sr. and Lisa live on Tyler with Tommy and Lindsay? I don't think that they did.

Yes but if someone's mental disabilities cause them to lie to LE when their charge disappears it should definitely disqualify them from any future babysitting jobs.
Hindsight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back