Hank Croslin Jr Talks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, these statements from Tommy are highly suspect. It's interesting that whatever angle one allows to play all the way out, it's clear that someone is telling big, fat lies.
I also think what people aren't getting here is that it leaves Tommy with no alibi for the time he was supposedly at the home and the time he "hung around" afterward. Oops. So what time did Lindsey say he got home?! Was she asleep and doesn't know?!

Ronald Cummings’ attorney said Tuesday that Cummings did not ask Croslin to check where she was and had been in touch with her during the evening.

Terry Shoemaker said Cummings simply called the Croslins just before 9 p.m. to ask if his girlfriend was there. Croslin was not asked to check on his sister in the call that lasted 20 to 30 seconds.

Shoemaker said the two had been in touch throughout the night.

“As far as he knows, they were home,” he said. “He had no reason to think they were not.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...asnt_home_the_night_haleigh_cummings_vanished BBM

Dear atty, this makes no sense. If Ron knows they were home and had no reason think they were not, what made him call the Croslins to ask if his girlfriend was there? Does he have another girlfriend?

Your quote goes on to say:

Authorities said phone records show Cummings did make several unanswered calls to her cell phone before calling the Croslins.

“There were numerous attempts to call Misty,” said Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. “Unsuccessful attempts.”

Bowling said Cummings called Tommy Croslin to say he was not able to contact her.

I find Shoemaker's comment about being in touch through the night really odd in that light. He can't be very well informed.

I'm guessing that once Ron determined that Misty wasn't at her brother's, Ron just figured she was home, but refusing to answer the phone(s). Maybe just to irritate him since they were (reportedly) arguing.

Exactly.

Misty is 17 years old. That is something a teenager does when arguing. Shut off the phone. Not the most "mature" thing to do, granted, but it is something a 17 year old might do.

I don't think the first thought that would enter Ron's head is "OMG! She must have left the house because she isn't answering her phone!"

Once Ron confirmed with Tommy that she was not at his house (which was right around the corner), the logical conclusion was that she was home. She had no vehicle. Where was she going to go?

I also think what people aren't getting here is that it leaves Tommy with no alibi for the time he was supposedly at the home and the time he "hung around" afterward. Oops. So what time did Lindsey say he got home?! Was she asleep and doesn't know?!

Good point. Makes me rabidly curious about why Tommy is making these new declarations. Obviously, it's self-serving; the timing reflects as much. What in h*ll is going on down there?

Yeah...well...I don't think that Ronald and Lisa were that close. I don't see them "chatting it up" about the case. :waitasec:

Why not? If my child was missing I believe I'd be chatting up everybody I know. Particularly any family members of my significant other who is allegedly lying to LE, to see if they let anything slip.

lol.....Not trying to be a pain here but really, if I think someone is at home, I'm not going to call their phone, and when they don't answer then call their brother to see if she's at his house and by her not being at his house, assume she is at home? That just does not flow for me.........

Either I think she is at home. Or I don't.

Good point. Makes me rabidly curious about why Tommy is making these new declarations. Obviously, it's self-serving; the timing reflects as much. What in h*ll is going on down there?

Maybe he thought he'd get an out-of-jail-free card if he came up with new information, but it could also be that he's decided that he won't cover for Misty anymore since she's fingering him.

Exactly.

Misty is 17 years old. That is something a teenager does when arguing. Shut off the phone. Not the most "mature" thing to do, granted, but it is something a 17 year old might do.

I don't think the first thought that would enter Ron's head is "OMG! She must have left the house because she isn't answering her phone!"

Once Ron confirmed with Tommy that she was not at his house (which was right around the corner), the logical conclusion was that she was home. She had no vehicle. Where was she going to go?

Well, she has a phone. She can call any one of her suspicious friends to come pick her up. It's not like home and Tommy's place are the only two places she could get in.

Maybe he thought he'd get an out-of-jail-free card if he came up with new information, but it could also be that he's decided that he won't cover for Misty anymore since she's fingering him.

I agree - could be either. Or some amalgamation of both...

Why not? If my child was missing I believe I'd be chatting up everybody I know. Particularly any family members of my significant other who is allegedly lying to LE, to see if they let anything slip.

In general, I'd agree. But in this case, suppose Ron called and Tommy answered the phone and Ron said he couldn't reach Misty and asked if Tommy had seen her and Tommy said no. Ron may have said 'okay, thanks' and hung up assuming that Misty must be at the MH and just mad and not answering the phone - end of story.

But suppose Tommy had some ulterior motive for going to the MH. He would probably not mention this conversation to family or to make some mild excuse for the phone call. Then he could have slipped out for a short time later and gone to the MH. We don't know what his motive was.

Well, she has a phone. She can call any one of her suspicious friends to come pick her up. It's not like home and Tommy's place are the only two places she could get in.

True. But it is reasonable for Ron to assume that Misty was simply being pissy by refusing to take his calls, versus having called a friend to come get her and two kids (with all their trappings).

lol.....Not trying to be a pain here but really, if I think someone is at home, I'm not going to call their phone, and when they don't answer then call their brother to see if she's at his house and by her not being at his house, assume she is at home? That just does not flow for me.........

Either I think she is at home. Or I don't.
It isn't difficult to understand that Misty had no car to go anywhere. The only place Ronald would check to see if she was there would be Tommy's because it is within walking distance. It wasn't that Ronald really thought she was there, but calling to double check would be normal, imo. She wasn't at Tommy's so he felt certain she was at home. I don't see any big mystery there or something sinister in Ronald calling Tommy's house. He just wanted a bit of reassurance is all.

Misty was playing games by turning off the phone if they were arguing. Ronald was stuck at work and wanted to talk to her. Maybe he wanted to apologize or maybe he wanted an apology from her? Who knows? I think the rest of the time at work gave him a chance to settle down and not worry about calling Misty because he thought she was asleep most likely. He had no clue anything was really wrong at that point. He had no reason to believe she was anywhere except home with the children.

If Ron had called Tommy and asked Tommy to go check on Misty - like Tommy claims, why is there no mention of a call back to Ron to report his findings? Or why is there no mention of Ron calling Tommy back to find out what Tommy found when he went to "check on Misty"?

Seems like Tommy went to the home all on his own without Ron having asked him to do that. Otherwise, there would be more phone calls between Ron and Tommy - beyond the ONE phone call. LE hasn't reported more than that initial call, but they've had no problem reporting other phone calls (Ron calling Misty 20 times; Ron calling Tommy; etc).

I think Tommy saw an opportunity to go there, and took it. What his motives for going there were, IDK? It sure scares me though.

Not only has Tommy placed himself at the scene of the crime, but now his story is that he "hung around" waiting. Why is he saying that now? Why has he NEVER told his family that? Now that he is in police custody, is he fearful that someone spotted him in the area that evening and is in CYA mode?

I don't think Tommy is being truthful about everything. I don't think he ever knocked in the first place. The only thing he isn't lying about is being at the home that night, imo.

We have to remember that Tommy is the one who has withheld this information for the past 7 1/2 months! He obviously didn't want to incriminate himself. What changed? Misty stating people told her about a red truck being in the neighborhood that night...imo. His mother didn't even know!

“It is surprising that someone would hold that information,” Bowling said.

Lisa Croslin said she had not heard about the call in the seven months since Haleigh disappeared and found that puzzling but did not have an explanation.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...asnt_home_the_night_haleigh_cummings_vanished

Supposing Lisa knew, she might still have said she didn't know in order to avoid awkward questions why she didn't tell anybody right away.

Another thing that has changed is the relationship between Misty and the rest of the family, which might affect their motivation to cover for each other or íncriminate each other out of spite..

Lest we forget:

- Misty failed 3-4 polys
- LE, including multiple agencies have consistently said she was not telling the truth
- Tim Miller says Ron told him
Miller Says Haleigh's Father Doubts Wife's Story

Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch told First Coast News this week [that] Ronald Cummings told him, as well as Orlando-based attorney Mark NeJame, about two weeks ago that he doubted Misty's story about the night Haleigh disappeared.

Miller told First Coast News, "Ronald's statement right then was, 'The b**** has something to do with Haleigh's disappearance.'"

Misty Cummings has said she put Haleigh to bed that February night at 8:00 and then around 10:00 Misty herself went to sleep.

Miller said Ronald Cummings does not buy that story.

Miller told First Coast News, "He said, 'She had never been to sleep that night.' He said, 'The bed was still made.' He said, 'Nobody had been in the bed

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...144277&catid=3
There is also video of Tim describing this, and he also said ron told him the laundry wasn't done as she said, just dirty clothes in dryer, and that he married her to keep his enemy close.

Not very ambiguous, IMO.

I'll never understand what could motivate anyone to dismiss so many pieces of the puzzle to paint her as an innocent in this deal and lay everything on her brother.

If she just turned off her phone like any miffed 17 y/o and went to bed, I'm Queen Elizabeth. :crazy:

It isn't difficult to understand that Misty had no car to go anywhere. The only place Ronald would check to see if she was there would be Tommy's because it is within walking distance.

*snipped by me*

Because she doesn't have any friends with cars who could've picked her up. :waitasec:

It isn't difficult to understand that Misty had no car to go anywhere. The only place Ronald would check to see if she was there would be Tommy's because it is within walking distance. It wasn't that Ronald really thought she was there, but calling to double check would be normal, imo. She wasn't at Tommy's so he felt certain she was at home. I don't see any big mystery there or something sinister in Ronald calling Tommy's house. He just wanted a bit of reassurance is all.

Misty was playing games by turning off the phone if they were arguing. Ronald was stuck at work and wanted to talk to her. Maybe he wanted to apologize or maybe he wanted an apology from her? Who knows? I think the rest of the time at work gave him a chance to settle down and not worry about calling Misty because he thought she was asleep most likely. He had no clue anything was really wrong at that point. He had no reason to believe she was anywhere except home with the children.

BBM

And it's not difficult to understand that she could have called someone to pick her up.

Misty and a million other young women and men in this country who lack good character...! It's not uncommon. It's not good. But it is what it is. People have to have a license to drive but not to have children or to watch someone's children on a personal basis. People have freedoms in this country and can choose to drop out of schools, not work, have children at a young age and out of wedlock, take drugs, drink excessively, lie, steal, engage in petty crime, etc. What are we supposed to do as a society?

Fortunately, most people are generally honest, obey the law, avoid getting drunk, avoid drugs, work for a living, get an education, etc. But do we have the right to monitor those that don't and then try and take their kids away from them? Not unless they do something awful and then the necessary steps are taken. What would we do with the millions of children that belong to irresponsible people? It's not a perfect system by any means, but it respects personal freedoms. I agree that it's disturbing and wish things were good and safe and stable and clean for every child in this country, but there is a fine line.

No fortunately the line just isn't all that blurry, and the right to "personal freedoms" leaves off and the law kicks in where children are put at risk. As I'm sure you know it's called child endangerment and child neglect, and while I'm not familiar w the statutes specific to FL generally include but aren't limited to such things as using or being under influence of drugs, in possession of drugs and/or unsafe or unlawful firearms in the home, inadequate or nonsupervision, having the child at any location where these hazards are present, domestic violence, leaving a child to fend and countless other potentially harmful situations which create substantial risk or show reckless disregard (many states now have enhanced sanctions or penalties eg when a child is endangered by a caregiver's impaired or unlicensed driving). Thank God it's just not that gray.

:parrot:

If Ron had called Tommy and asked Tommy to go check on Misty - like Tommy claims, why is there no mention of a call back to Ron to report his findings? Or why is there no mention of Ron calling Tommy back to find out what Tommy found when he went to "check on Misty"?

Seems like Tommy went to the home all on his own without Ron having asked him to do that. Otherwise, there would be more phone calls between Ron and Tommy - beyond the ONE phone call. LE hasn't reported more than that initial call, but they've had no problem reporting other phone calls (Ron calling Misty 20 times; Ron calling Tommy; etc).

I think Tommy saw an opportunity to go there, and took it. What his motives for going there were, IDK? It sure scares me though.

Not only has Tommy placed himself at the scene of the crime, but now his story is that he "hung around" waiting. Why is he saying that now? Why has he NEVER told his family that? Now that he is in police custody, is he fearful that someone spotted him in the area that evening and is in CYA mode?

Misty said in that LVA tape that he was a crackhead and sought discreet locations in the woods etc. to use drugs. (I know I know, Misty is such a reliable source...) But if there's any truth to it, maybe he took the chance to sit on the porch and light another joint or worse.

Im going to have to agree with teh here, let me get this right, Ron called Misty and she didn't answer therefore he called Tommy to see if she was there and she wasn't. Correct so far. Okay since Misty didn't have a car it is presummed that she only would have gone to Tommy's and no one elses.

The only problem with this is that just because she's not at Tommy's doesn't mean she isn't somewhere else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back