Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the entrance road to walnut creek park where the infamous command center was located earlier.
JMs mother owned a house a block away from where Hannah was found...did I hear that correctly?

Here you are Otto, a screencap that shows them with the portable command center and tents at the crime scene. Totally separate from the Command Center at the park.

BBM
Thanks for the photo. But I'm not getting it. This is the portable command center and tents at the crime scene?

I'm so sad about this news. However, I'm glad the parents get some sort of closure.

I am baffled with people attacking the LE who led the search team who found the body. Someone on this thread even said he could be a serial killer. Really?

This is a tough job. Like finding a needle in a haystack. This man followed his hunch and kept working on a Saturday in order to bring justice to Hannah. While I agree that his comments were a little too brass, I don't see why people are criticizing an honest citizen who was doing a very tough job with clear passion and care. The media is heavily pursuing this story. This agent has probably been searching for days and hearing about bones, skulls... He is probably a little de-sensitized by the nature of his job and didn't realize he might cause pain/grief to others.

Can we stop blaming the victims of this mess created by ONE person only? JM.

We knew almost immediately very similar details of what Mr Bass 1st saw of Morgan's remains. This case, at least the death investigation aspect, is now in the hands of Albemarle LE and the VSP. Sadly, because of MH's case, we know that they work very differently from Chief Longos department. IMO, of course.

All this talk about where they are set up and maybe they simply set up there because they had already planned a dig search in that area. They may have already had something authorized for set up and stayed there. Also if this case has shown nothing else it has shown that the LE have been keeping things very close to the vest. The home owner even said they were asking not to speak about whatever they knew. I would not be shocked to learn that maybe that the planned dig was based on some other tip that ended up yielding some evidence not released yet. Maybe he took her to the park first and disposed of her at the home nearby. Just a thought.

I was also thinking about the condition of the body. Of course it may not be her, but I think it is. My mom actually lives not even an hour from where this is happening, and owns several acres that lead to the back side of a farm. She has had buzzards show up when something dies. She refuses to go look herself when it happens and sends my dad to go and look. Usually it is several hours before he can (he works she stays home) and every time it has happened by the time he got home the buzzards were gone leaving the bones well picked behind.

It is also not uncommon to have "creeks" in your woods there. They have one too. They fill and dry out depending on the weather. With the heavy rain they got last week it was going pretty good, and the week before had been pretty dry/muddy. I guess I wonder when they say creek if that is what they meant? Her body being found near a creek not far from the road kinda makes me think he panicked. He did not take her body out as far as MH's body was found. He also was scene on camera. I believe he was drunk and screwed up where maybe in the past he didn't. As always this is all JMO.

Did you see the later aerial footage away from that spot- on the road, camera was zooming in through trees?

Yes, I would be guessing if I said where I thought that was though, sorry

Could DNA be retained on teeth ?

It's possible (but again unlikely)...if she bit out a huge chunk of flesh, that there might be enough left to test. But remember, in the beginning that small piece of flesh would have been in her oral cavity which is teeming with bacteria. After death, the oral cavity would also start to contain many enzymes that are part of the decomposition process. Any foreign tissue (which would start breaking down immediately) would have been much smaller than tissue from the victim and thus would have decomposed much quicker.

My interest is not really so much in where they've set up their command center, as in what areas have they secured? I can understand setting up a command center a mile or so away (even in a park house makes sense a bit- out of the way, comfortable to maneuver, etc) but only if the entire areas they are investigating are now properly secured.

JMs mother owned a house a block away from where Hannah was found...did I hear that correctly?

Gee, IDK; the only thing I've read is that his childhood/teenage home is about 4 miles up Old Lynchburg Road (on Ponderosa Way). IDK if his mother owns it or still lives there.

Otto, I honor & respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree. The photo above is the Crime Scene Investigation. The Public Safety Incident Command center is usually a mobile vehicle equipped with communication and other equipment primarily for coordinating resources during an emergency incident, catastrophic disaster, or large scale investigation.

The tents that are set up at the command center at the entrance to the park are the same as the tents set up at the command center where Morgan's remains were found.

Attachments

• HG Comand Center 1.jpg
    HG Comand Center 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 65
  • MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 63
I carry a knife and bear mace in my purse or pocket. It's time women fought back. Don't allow anyone who makes you uncomfortable get too close. I have had some scary experiences and I always say "hey mister, you're freaking me out. Back up. I am armed. "
I would rather spray someone with bear mace, which is way more effective on a human than the key chain pepper spray, even if their intentions weren't nefarious, than become a crime victim. I have found that the warning usually works. And if they don't heed your warning, spray them directly in the face, kick them in the kneecap or located area and RUN!

I have a license to carry a concealed weapon and when I was 21 years old it saved me from being raped and most likely murdered and thrown in a ditch somewhere. It was three shirtless thugs in a pickup truck and they kept trying to run me off the road when I was going home from work around midnight. The passenger on the outside was hanging out the window yelling to me what all they were going to do to me once they got me stopped. I had other ideas in mind.:)

I took out my weapon and calmly aimed it at the bottom of the passenger door and fired. You would have thought that bullet was made of jet fuel because they couldn't get out of there fast enough. I called police, gave them a description of the perps and truck. Told them when they find the truck there will be a bullet hole from a .357 magnum in the passenger side door. They found them and were arrested and convicted. If they had been able to run me off the road the first one out of the truck would be a dead man today and then the second one and then the last one. I refuse to laydown and be a victim. Thugs like this are cowards anyway and that is why they prey on much smaller defenseless victims than they are.

So I would never trust pepper spray or even a knife because of the closeness it requires to make contact and even a taszer can malfunction and before that can be done they can advance and are right on top of the victim.

Bullets they cant outrun though.:) I could have easily shot all three of them but I purposely aimed at the bottom of the door.

IMO

That's what Rod Wheeler said, but he isn't in C'ville investigating, so I think he may have been wrong on that- maybe he heard JM mother lived about a MILE away, and misspoke. He's a former detective, not a news guy, imo...

Thank you everyone who posted the helpful links so I could get (sort of) "caught up". My question is this: If the remains are skeletal, what makes them so sure it is Hannah? What else might they have found? I know that the pants are helpful and the size of the spine is also helpful but still... they seem more sure than even those things would suggest.

I think it's a little farther away. It's slightly more than three miles between each point: Morgan, Hanna, and Jesse Matthew's former residence.

Attachments

• BodyLocationFormerResidence.jpg
    BodyLocationFormerResidence.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 452
Im not a professional at all but I do practice most of the things mentioned here and I just wanted to add to this excellent post;

Predators often seek out people who seem unawares, distracted, injured, head down, texting. Get in the habit of scanning 360 degrees and being hyper aware of whats going on around you.

Oh you are so right, zapped!

When I was in my 20's and 30's I was always in NY for business functions. I walked everywhere even late at night coming home from functions. This was at a time the streets (like 8th Ave) smelled from people urinating , and crime was abundant.

I never once worried about crime, because I looked everyone I walked past straight in the eye, and always walked with a purpose. I remember friends wondering if I were nuts to put myself in those positions, but I really loved NY and it's night life, and I was not going to let fear keep me from enjoying my life.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I still feel this way today....of course I am 62 and no longer the cute little thing I was then so I am also not what these predators want. Guess there are some things good about "old"

Today IPhones have become a criminals best weapon for pouncing on the unsuspecting.

I'm really thinking that JM told them where the body was. In past cases where LE found a body in a missing persons case and seemed ultra, ultra sure whose it was even before forensic confirmation, later it was revealed that the suspect had in fact given up the location to save their necks. This was the case in both the Mickey Shunick and Skylar Neese cases, which I was pretty immersed in (especially since Mick's close friend Raven is my cousin's long-time girlfriend, and my relatives in Louisiana knew her very well). They found a body and seemed needlessly convinced that they had found their girl, only to later say that the body was a bargaining chip.

It's so messed up how these people gain power in their situations just for giving us the body, even though it's so important. People say, thank goodness Hannah's parents have a body to bury now... Yes, I agree that that is huge for them, but look what this trash JM has reduced them to =( They have every right to demand that their daughter comes back alive. They have every right to not be satisfied with bones. That they are even remotely satisfied is incomprehensibly graceful. I hope I'll never fully understand the grace of people who go through this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966