Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My interest is not really so much in where they've set up their command center, as in what areas have they secured? I can understand setting up a command center a mile or so away (even in a park house makes sense a bit- out of the way, comfortable to maneuver, etc) but only if the entire areas they are investigating are now properly secured.

It's three miles between the command center and the Ammonett Branch Creek location. I would like to see footage of that Ammonett Branch Creek location before I believe that it is the crime scene. I would like to know the source that Coy Barefoot used when identifying that as the crime scene location.

The tents that are set up at the command center at the entrance to the park are the same as the tents set up at the command center where Morgan's remains were found.

Otto, I am putting my faith in LE that they know exactly where they need to stage their operations in order to preserve the integrity of the scene and any evidence that is collected and I am still unsure as to why this is such an issue for you. On the off chance that this was Matthews dumping ground and they are unsure as to whether or not there are other crime scenes, it would seem prudent to stage in an area away from those potential scenes, right? On that note I am going to gather my credentials and go see if they need another hand in their search and will feel confident that the Command Center is EXACTLY where it needs to be. Have a nice day!

JMs mother owned a house a block away from where Hannah was found...did I hear that correctly?

Found this (but I don't know what "in the area" means:

"A neighbor who requested not to go on camera told NBC29 that Jesse Matthew lived in the old Lynchburg Road area about six years ago and was familiar with the roads and rural stretches of that part of Albemarle County."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

Thank you everyone who posted the helpful links so I could get (sort of) "caught up". My question is this: If the remains are skeletal, what makes them so sure it is Hannah? What else might they have found? I know that the pants are helpful and the size of the spine is also helpful but still... they seem more sure than even those things would suggest.

Maybe judging from the state of the remains found. If they were remains from a victim from an earlier abduction/murder there would be more tell tale signs of it being so, like moss, dirt collecting on the sides, plant material... etc. From what the officer said on a video report, the remains sound recent for the time frame... I'm surmising.

I won't be surprised if the 3193 house is not where the body was found. I have a feeling the location is closer to the park and Coy B posted breaking news to his blog, but used the words "believed to have been found". He isn't a journalist/ member of the media from what I understand. He is a prof at UVA and has a local radio show in C'Ville.

We will know soon, though. Still sick over this :-(

Otto, I am putting my faith in LE that they know exactly where they need to stage their operations in order to preserve the integrity of the scene and any evidence that is collected and I am still unsure as to why this is such an issue for you. On the off chance that this was Matthews dumping ground and they are unsure as to whether or not there are other crime scenes, it would seem prudent to stage in an area away from those potential scenes, right? On that note I am going to gather my credentials and go see if they need another hand in their search and will feel confident that the Command Center is EXACTLY where it needs to be. Have a nice day!

Me too. The only source for the Ammonett Branch Creek location is this website (comment posted late last night), followed by Coy Barefoot with his blog post this morning.
I'm going to trust that police do not have the resources to stage crime scenes and, that when they set up a command center, it is at the crime scene, not three miles away.

I'm really thinking that JM told them where the body was. In past cases where LE found a body in a missing persons case and seemed ultra, ultra sure whose it was even before forensic confirmation, later it was revealed that the suspect had in fact given up the location to save their necks. This was the case in both the Mickey Shunick and Skylar Neese cases, which I was pretty immersed in (especially since Mick's close friend Raven is my cousin's long-time girlfriend, and my relatives in Louisiana knew her very well). They found a body and seemed needlessly convinced that they had found their girl, only to later say that the body was a bargaining chip.

It's so messed up how these people gain power in their situations just for giving us the body, even though it's so important. People say, thank goodness Hannah's parents have a body to bury now... Yes, I agree that that is huge for them, but look what this trash JM has reduced them to =( They have every right to demand that their daughter comes back alive. They have every right to not be satisfied with bones. That they are even remotely satisfied is incomprehensibly graceful. I hope I'll never fully understand the grace of people who go through this experience.

I firmly do not believe JM told them where Hannah's body was located. He is not going to tell it..........and he will never tell where he has put other bodies if he has killed others beyond Hannah and Morgan.

The finding of Hannah's body is going to get him the death penalty. IMO

If they solve the other case LE is on their own.

I believe it happened just like the police officer said.

IMO

As I understood it, that was the area of Walnut Creek Park that was to have been searched Sunday (today) with 200 searchers, including volunteers. JMO. Not the same area that the remains were found at yesterday.

We were never told the location of the hit by the dogs. I am not LE, but imo it would be foolish to invite 200 civilian searchers into an area that a dig was planned in, so I think it was outside the park.

What if it was in the park, they dug and found a body or more than one body? Now the park is full of people walking around that may have disturbed evidence. I know the park would have had visitors since Hannah went missing, but not necessarily 200+ in one day and in every single area. It doesn't make sense. And it doesn't answer the question of why they didn't dig even though they think they have Hannah. Many other women in central VA have gone missing, they should follow up on that dog alert.

I won't be surprised if the 3193 house is not where the body was found. I have a feeling the location is closer to the park and Coy B posted breaking news to his blog, but used the words "believed to have been found". He isn't a journalist/ member of the media from what I understand. He is a prof at UVA and has a local radio show in C'Ville.

I would go so far as to suggest that he's reading comments here, and that he ran with them without verifying facts.

Gee, IDK; the only thing I've read is that his childhood/teenage home is about 4 miles up Old Lynchburg Road (on Ponderosa Way). IDK if his mother owns it or still lives there.

Just wanted to add, that to a kid or a teenager growing up in the country 4 miles really isnt that far. Especially on a bicycle.

I grew up in the country myself and several of us would ride and sometimes even walk to a neighbors farm 2-3 miles away to go fishing/play in the woods.

Given JLMs involvement in the outdoor club and numerous activities offered by Walnut Creek Park I think this area would be well-known to him.

According to the Va department of game and inland fisheries here the lake has excellent populations of largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie, redear sunfish, and channel catfish

Maybe judging from the state of the remains found. If they were remains from a victim from an earlier abduction/murder there would be more tell tale signs of it being so, like moss, dirt collecting on the sides, plant material... etc. From what the officer said on a video report, the remains sound recent for the time frame... I'm surmising.

I would expect LEO to draw conclusions from the findings and I am sure they know who (and what) they found but my concern is this: it seems irresponsible to me for media to be reporting this as definitely Hannah when that hasn't been confirmed. I am sure it is but still...

I think Coy knows more intricate details about this case than anyone...except LE.

He has said in the past that he is close friends with PC Longo.

He may not be a journalist but he has done a terrific job being an investigative reporter on this case. If he is not one then he missed his calling.

I'm really thinking that JM told them where the body was. In past cases where LE found a body in a missing persons case and seemed ultra, ultra sure whose it was even before forensic confirmation, later it was revealed that the suspect had in fact given up the location to save their necks. This was the case in both the Mickey Shunick and Skylar Neese cases, which I was pretty immersed in (especially since Mick's close friend Raven is my cousin's long-time girlfriend, and my relatives in Louisiana knew her very well). They found a body and seemed needlessly convinced that they had found their girl, only to later say that the body was a bargaining chip.

It's so messed up how these people gain power in their situations just for giving us the body, even though it's so important. People say, thank goodness Hannah's parents have a body to bury now... Yes, I agree that that is huge for them, but look what this trash JM has reduced them to =( They have every right to demand that their daughter comes back alive. They have every right to not be satisfied with bones. That they are even remotely satisfied is incomprehensibly graceful. I hope I'll never fully understand the grace of people who go through this experience.

I have to agree with you, I think JM also told them where Hannah was. Just a feeling I have, with nothing to back it up. That house where Hannah's remains were found behind, from the moment I saw it, creepied me something awful. I have no idea what kind of material is on that house, I see some is brick. The cottage on the property isn't as creepy. I'm curious how long a renter stayed when renting that property, and also wonder if anything bad also happened on that property. If I were looking to rent or own a place around there, I wouldn't attempt to even go on the driveway to look around. Just really bad feelings coming from there, and do have to wonder if maybe there are other victims on the property?

Attachments

• HannahGrahamCommandCenterLocation.jpg
    HannahGrahamCommandCenterLocation.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,126
I don't see him as claiming himself as 'religious'. Being a regular at the local bars every weekend doesn't point to that at all.
I seem to remember a lot of talk about his church presence, church friends, and his girlfriend wasn't Christian enough for him?

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/ not sure if this has already been posted in this thread. My apologies if it has.

Thank you. Hadn't seen this before. Below are a few of updated press reports:

Human remains found in search for UVA student Hannah Graham
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Jean Casarez Reports
updated 11:46 AM EDT, Sun October 19, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/18/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

"Hannah Graham 'body' buried in a dried up creek bed in the woods prime suspect used to call home:
Accused killer Jesse Matthews grew up just miles from where remains were found"
By Kieran Corcoran
Updated: 11:20 EST, 19 October 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ried-woods-near-jesse-matthew-s-old-home.html

Police search area where remains believed to be those of Hannah Graham found
By T. Rees Shapiro October 19 at 2:04 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ef7526-57b5-11e4-bd61-346aee66ba29_story.html

Human remains found in search for UVA student Hannah Graham
by Tiffany Shepherd
Story Updated: Oct 19, 2014
http://www.cbs58.com/news/national-...-for-UVA-student-Hannah-Graham-279712212.html

Neighbors React to Human Remains Believed to be Hannah Graham
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 10:23 AM EDT
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

Chesterfield team discovers human remains in Albemarle
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
By Kelly Avellino
http://www.wncn.com/story/26824617/chesterfield-team-discovers-human-remains-in-albemarle

Just wanted to add, that to a kid or a teenager growing up in the country 4 miles really isnt that far. Especially on a bicycle.

I grew up in the country myself and several of us would ride and sometimes even walk to a neighbors farm 2-3 miles away to go fishing/play in the woods.

Given JLMs involvement in the outdoor club and numerous activities offered by Walnut Creek Park I think this area would be well-known to him.

According to the Va department of game and inland fisheries here the lake has excellent populations of largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie, redear sunfish, and channel catfish

Me too. 4 miles down the road isn't considered that far for those who live in the country.:) Four miles is considered just a hop, skip and jump for those in the country. lol

Me too. The only source for the Ammonett Branch Creek location is this website (comment posted late last night), followed by Coy Barefoot with his blog post this morning.
I'm going to trust that police do not have the resources to stage crime scenes and, that when they set up a command center, it is at the crime scene, not three miles away.

:websleuther: :doorhide:

It's possible (but again unlikely)...if she bit out a huge chunk of flesh, that there might be enough left to test. But remember, in the beginning that small piece of flesh would have been in her oral cavity which is teeming with bacteria. After death, the oral cavity would also start to contain many enzymes that are part of the decomposition process. Any foreign tissue (which would start breaking down immediately) would have been much smaller than tissue from the victim and thus would have decomposed much quicker.
Hoping perhaps perp's DNA found under her fingernails? Don't know how long before such evidence degrades. Again my apologies if this has already been discussed. Having trouble keeping up with all the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo