Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto -
When a fellow poster stated on this thread that LE "staged" the command post/center in the park I don't believe the reference to having been "staged" referred to something "unreal", but rather that the vehicles and necessary other equipment was brought together in one location.

Considering how sure they seem to be that the body found is HG, it's possible they knew the brand/size/other information about the pants she was wearing ni addition to other personal items that may have been recovered by the forensics team that the initial SAR team wouldn't be aware of.

Im not a professional at all but I do practice most of the things mentioned here and I just wanted to add to this excellent post;

Predators often seek out people who seem unawares, distracted, injured, head down, texting. Get in the habit of scanning 360 degrees and being hyper aware of whats going on around you.

Even if youre just walking down the street. Ive had people come off another street and walk in step behind me right in my blind spot. When that happens, I calmly turn around and make eye contact with them. To let them know that I know they are there and to give them the hint they need to back off a bit. Most do, and I'd be very concerned about someone who didnt.

Keeping our eyes open seems simple but I fuss at my wife and son all of the time about not having any spatial awareness.

Agreed, awareness is key - and especially in "transitional" areas, by which I mean going from a presumed safe place to one that's not - people often get in a "bubble" of complaceny in and around such places. Think of areas around airports and transit stations, mall, shopping center, and bar/restaurant parking lots, and apartment parking areas.

You have to consider the threat - thieves and robbers like to target airports, and nearby hotels and restaurants, because business travelers often carry expensive electronics - I live near an airport, and rental cars were targeted by a theft ring in local restaurant parking lots, due to the correct assumption that many business people left laptops in their cars.

After a colleague was robbed outside an airport, I made a special point to raise my awareness in and around them. And in doing so, I came to realize that certain airports are full of would-be predators- I could tell, just by watching people outside the security areas, and seeing certain of them being entirely too interested in passers-by. I've silently intervened more than once when I've noticed someone get up suddenly to follow someone, veering close-by to the person being stalked and locking eyes with their pursuer. I've been given hateful looks, but more than once, the pursuer just gave me a rueful smile, or shrugged, before turning away. In the US, Northern CA airports, like SFO and SJC are particularly bad - you'd think "Oakland", too - but it's not as bad as the others - fewer presumed-wealthy tourists and business travellers transit there.

With awareness comes something else - your instincts. Evolution gave them to us for a reason - learn to listen for them, and what they're telling you.

As for self-protection devices, don't carry them (only) in your purse. In your pocket, in your driver's side door bin or clipped under your visor , velcro'd to the inside trunk lid.

It's not Mogadishu out there, no need to live in fear. But don't let embarrassment prevent you from taking modest safety precautions.

If I'm wrong about the crime scene location, I'll be sure to come back and say so.
At this time, I would like to know what sources blogger Coy Barefoot used when he says that it is "believed" that 3193 Old Lynchburg Road is where remains were found, where he goes on to quote the owner of the property stating "no comment".

Hoping perhaps perp's DNA found under her fingernails? Don't know how long before such evidence degrades. Again my apologies if this has already been discussed. Having trouble keeping up with all the posts.

Same problem with tissue under fingernails - very small quantity to begin with, exposed to the environment, foreign tissue decomposing simultaneously with victim tissue.

My opinion...best chance for foreign DNA would be from semen. Sperm cells are some of the toughest cells in the body - difficult to break down, long-lasting. If the body was still wearing the pants, the pants would have protected a portion of her body from animal activity. This would allow for the possible collection of vaginal/cervical swabs. If she was wearing pants, she may have been wearing underpants which could have semen on them from recent sexual contact. This semen could persist despite the conditions.

Somewhere upthread, there was a statement from JM's attorney stating they were going to wait for the autopsy results and had no further comment. To me, this seals the deal, JM did NOT give the location of the Hannah's body. JMO

ETA: Matthew’s attorney, James Camblos, told NBC News he and his client were “waiting to see the results of the medical examiner's autopsy” and had no further comment on the findings.

Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/remains-found-search-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-n228901

Wow - if this turns out to be JM - words fail me that his own mother lives so close. My mind can barely accept that this gifted, innocent young woman is gone, and it could have all been avoided. Very, very sick and sad about this (and the others).

Didn't JM drive from the police station that Saturday to HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE before he bolted to TX? I wonder if he wanted to check the body (near his mother's house) since he knew LE were onto him this time... Probably why he got so freaked and started driving erratically when he saw LE trailing him.

Otto -
When a fellow poster stated on this thread that LE "staged" the command post/center in the park I don't believe the reference to having been "staged" referred to something "unreal", but rather that the vehicles and necessary other equipment was brought together in one location.

Thanks. I think it's weird that investigators in Virginia stage a crime scene command center 3 miles from the crime scene. That's not what they did when Morgan Harrington's remains were found, but perhaps they've change protocol and now it makes more sense to keep all the equipment, such as evidence collection bags, miles from the crime scene. If true, police will be driving back and forth all day long getting the equipment they need to do their jobs.

Is the "crime scene" at Ammonett Park (per Coy Barefoot) marked off with crime scene tape?

I see a conflict of interest in wanting your girlfriend to live with you before marriage and then complaining because she is not religious enough.

Yes, he has been all over this case and he is on top of all the info from what I've seen. His blog says that the 3193 house is "believed" to be the location, it seems like everyone has taken this as fact that this is the location for sure, that's all. Not here as much as on twitter and other social media.

I don't question his credibility or sincerity, btw...

To be honest if he wasn't 100% certain it is the location he shouldn't have released the name of the owner. The lady has now got reporters calling and showing up at her home..

Example (name censored by me)
Shayne Dwyer ‏@ShayneDwyerWDBJ 36m36 minutes ago
A woman at the home of P***** C*******, owner of 3193 Old Lynchburg Rd told us to leave and that she had no media comment.

https://twitter.com/ShayneDwyerWDBJ

Actually noticed a couple of (MSM) tweets have now been deleted, including pics of her home

If I'm wrong about the crime scene location, I'll be sure to come back and say so.
At this time, I would like to know what sources blogger Coy Barefoot used when he says that it is "believed" that 3193 Old Lynchburg Road is where remains were found, where he goes on to quote the owner of the property stating "no comment".

Probably the same sources that led him to interview and get cell phone pictures of Jesse at the bars earlier on the night of the abduction.

Didn't JM drive from the police station that Saturday to HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE before he bolted to TX? I wonder if he wanted to check the body (near his mother's house) since he knew LE were onto him this time... Probably why he got so freaked and started driving erratically when he saw LE trailing him.

I believe that residence near the crime scene is a former residence, and that his mother now lives East of Charlottesville - although it might be his grandmother that lives to the East ... not sure ... but I seem to recall that he fled to a residence East of Charlottesville, where he picked up his sister's car and fled the jurisdiction.

A couple of years ago (in my 40's) I was at a quiet church cemetery at the top of a hill out in the country. (I photograph gravestones for an online site as a hobby.) Two men drove up the hill and parked behind my jeep (with my Sheltie still in the vehicle) partially blocking the exit. They were both dressed in suits and certainly looked presentable but seemed out of place in that neighborhood. I pretended to continue what I was doing, although my heart was pounding, something just seemed wrong to me, sneaking in a photo of them both, and edged my way over toward my jeep. (They were standing looking down at a grave at the time). I got into my car and turned it around, having to drive over the lawn to get by their vehicle. I don't recall ever being so frightened, as I was completely isolated there- no one would have heard me scream.

It occurred to me driving home, and now after the Hannah Graham disappearance, that I should have immediately run for my vehicle and the heck with what appearance that would have made. I think that many of us gals have been raised to always be polite, etc. and that running away would somehow seem "rude". I actually thought, even though my life may have been in danger, that because I was white and the two men were African Americans, that I would be perceived by them as prejudiced!

I now always have both my dog and hubby with me when I go out to photograph cemeteries, and I have gone over various scenarios in my head so that I can follow my gut instincts and not worry about appearances in the future.

My long winded point being.... I think many women (young and old) put their lives in danger because we are afraid of being rude, making a scene, etc. We need to be reminded, that when it comes to our lives, we need to do whatever it takes to protect ourselves. I pray that we have learned something from Hannah's situation that will save one or more lives in the future.

So Coy B. says pants were on the remains? (From an earlier post)

Probably the same sources that led him to interview and get cell phone pictures of Jesse at the bars earlier on the night of the abduction.

The critical question that will solve the riddle is: Is there crime scene tape at the location identified by Coy Barefoot in his blog? We know that the crime scene command center is 3 miles away. Would investigators leave the crime scene unsecured and unattended while they are at their command center?

I see where you are coming from otto, to me walnut branch seems more logical, my gut is screaming it. My gut can be as reliable as a chocolate teapot tho ;)

Yes, he has been all over this case and he is on top of all the info from what I've seen. His blog says that the 3193 house is "believed" to be the location, it seems like everyone has taken this as fact that this is the location for sure, that's all. Not here as much as on twitter and other social media.

I don't question his credibility or sincerity, btw...
I guess you can infer from the article what you wish, but when I read it, I got that the "believed" part of the opening quote was a reference to the identity of the remains, and not the address. Judging from the context of the rest of the article, the address seemed not to be in question. JMO
http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

Oh man,just got home and read where Hannah was found,laying in a dry creek bed,skull and bones wearing tight black pants.How does a parent even consume this kind of information.They would have to keep me sedated and under medical care.He just laid her there and took off.He did Morgan the same way.You better believe I will be keeping tabs on this trial.I hope it is televised for the world to see what a cruel,heartless predator he truly is.http://myfox8.com/2014/10/19/man-finds-remains-while-searching-for-hannah-graham-shares-what-he-saw/

On Fox just now, reporter in C'Ville says he was told by police source that they are "looking for clothing and a cell phone"

So maybe could mean there was no shirt found at scene or at JM's house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990