Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The critical question that will solve the riddle is: Is there crime scene tape at the location identified by Coy Barefoot in his blog? We know that the crime scene command center is 3 miles away. Would investigators leave the crime scene unsecured and unattended while they are at their command center?

This is exactly what I've been wondering. Can anyone confirm they have the area blocked off?

Chocolate teapot sounds pretty cool!

I don't believe Coy Barefoot. He definitely got the scoop on the night Hannah disappeared, but in this case, I think he jumped the gun.

• there's a dry creek bed in Walnut Branch Creek,
  • the creek is next to the command center,
  • aerial footage shows activity at Walnut Creek Park,
  • the command center moved farther into Walnut Creek Park,
  • searchers were at Walnut Creek Park when they checked nearby properties and an abandoned property,
  • there is a property on the road to Walnut Creek Park that is owned by the county finance department
  • Walnut Branch Creek runs behind the property that is owned by the county finance department
  • the command center is 3 miles from the location identified by Coy Barefoot
  • there is no aerial footage of activity near the location identied by Coy Barefoot

Also the owner of 3193 lives over on Plank road. Coy was probably trying to interview her theere because plank road is still open. Hence he would not have a current picture of 3193 with police tape all over it.

Well now you have with explanations as to why it was just good practice in that area. I am sure also press is breathing down their necks and they wanted to stage in an area in which there was room to accommodate them safely without cross contamination too. As evidenced by how we handled the Alexis Murphy case, we do things a little different here in Central Virginia and it seems to work to get justice for those who deserve it in an effective manner. I say better safe than sorry in staging so far away.

Hi, do you mean when they picked up and moved RAT's trailer? that was a good move by LE to prevent cross contamination. Wasn't it AM's DNA in the trailer, some say just traces, that foiled him? Because people were all over the place after the fact tramping around his property. And the cell phones all over the place that could
have been tied to other cases, sheesh.

Even if Sgt. Terry had clearance to speak — which seems rather unlikely given what Longo said during the PC re: unlikely we will have more information to share / we know you will be patient and respectful /
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
— his intv strikes me as highly inconsiderate of HG's grieving family and friends, as well as potentially compromising to the investigation.

I realize the media is aggressively pursuing this "story," but whatever happened to common decency? Real people's lives have been unalterably affected; these are not characters in a TV drama to be used to fill up airtime.

I am just glad the Grahams and the Harringtons have each other to lean on for support. May they find peace and justice. It's heartbreaking that their daughters' vibrant, promising lives were brutally cut short.

I think there are more victims myself, after looking at JM's profile. As social media grows, if something happens in Virginia, it affects all the south... so get use to it. We are not too keen on someone pissing' in our own back yard. HG's hometown is Charlottesville and she thought she was perfectly safe. JM on the other hand is 270 lbs and is heavy drinker. His body weight is almost triple the weight of Hannah Graham.

With the two rapes and especially knocking that guy in the nose and then taking him to the hospital, sis remorse factor was not strong punching someone in the face, but something must have happened in that incident for him to react the way or save his own arse.

His sexually perverted behavior is elevated when he drinks.

http://hollywoodlife.com/celeb/hannah-graham/

I believe they have set up the command center at the walnut creek park so they can search out in the overall area. Up and down old Lynchburg road all the way to the house Coy mentions. Where else are you going to set up on that small winding road?

This makes sense to me. I'm curious though if OLRoad is still blocked off up until Plank Rd like it was yesterday- which would take care of the area around the presumed house being secured.

I respect your opinion, but since the remains have not yet been positively identified, I will stick with my interpretation of the read.

I was merely pointing out that Coy stated that he "believed" that to be the location, not that Coy believed that the remains belonged to Hannah.

"Bolded by me"

thanks Skymom, but what I meant by the question mark, was, I had bolded a part of jamicat's post
and then I put the question marks in parentheses because I wasn't sure if jamicat meant what was bolded literally. Sometimes I have the hardest time expressing myself, sorry.

It also does not look like walnut creek park either?

I'm attempting to try and identify where it was taken, by using google streetview, going up and down Old Lynchburg Rd, my laptop and google maps are not co-operating though. Anyone else want to help look?

It also does not look like walnut creek park either?

I've never been there, and there is no google map viewer for the Walnut Creek Park road. There is a driveway near the entrance to the park that leads to a building owned by the country finance department. There is a dry creek running behind that building. What does that driveway look like?

Attachments

• WalnutParkAbandonedProperty.jpg
    WalnutParkAbandonedProperty.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 412
I wonder if the creek bed was "dry" when HG went missing.

I get the feeling JM doesn't bury his victims because he knows leaving them out in the open will result in faster decomposition. I can't believe its due to a cleanliness phobia.

I was merely pointing out that Coy stated that he "believed" that to be the location, not that Coy believed that the remains belonged to Hannah.

I know what you are saying, but I don't agree with your interpretation of what Coy stated. Again, I think he was stating that the remains were believed to be Hannah's, which is about all he can say as there has been no official confirmation of identity. I do not sense that he was guessing at the location. The wording can be interpreted either way, imo

I have a license to carry a concealed weapon and when I was 21 years old it saved me from being raped and most likely murdered and thrown in a ditch somewhere

Snipped for brevity. This is the best story I've heard in a long, long time!

However, these days with ammunition being so expensive a warning shot may be out of the question. :thinking::great:

First post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. If I've done it wrong, please remove.

From this AP story, vultures can strip a body down to bones in just hours. So, despite it being just 35 days since HG disappearance and the weather being more moderate, it is very likely that the remains would by that point be skeletal.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-vulture-study-upends-forensics-142318853.html

Sky burial.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

Sorry to post a link to something to gory, but it could give more understanding to the situation. Reader beware that their are pictures on that wikipedia article that are graphic.

I've never been there, and there is no google map viewer for the Walnut Creek Park road. There is a driveway near the entrance to the park that leads to a building owned by the country finance department. There is a dry creek running behind that building. What does that driveway look like?

I can't zoom in close enough on Google Earth on it. Plus there are bike trails around the lake that I cant quite make out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990