Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm This is why I'm left smh! Was he even interviewed regarding MH? He drove a taxi & grew up in the area her remains were found. We don't know the results of the FBI profile, however IMO he matches it well. Especially regarding the behavior analysis.

i'm pretty sure JM was interviewed about MH, actually! LE interviewed the taxi companies and taxi drivers in the area. someone mentioned this in a post awhile back. JM's coworkers would actually tease him about how much he looked like the sketch, and one former coworker noted that he would always disappear for awhile when someone mentioned how much he looked like the sketch

That's a good question, considering the gag order in Heather Elvis' case, and the unidentified remains found in SC. My guess is that in this case, they will confirm Hannah's identity, as there seems to be a lot of evidence against JM, no strategy is likely needed as in HE's case, where they might be hoping one of the 2 perps turns on each other, reveal HE's location, etc. I think we will be getting the confirmation of an ID asap. jmo

Does anyone remember a case where the victim's family was notified (and that was revealed publicly) and it turned out NOT to be that victim? I guess I feel that when Chief Longo said that about calling her parents he was acknowledging that they indeed know it is Hannah.

Do they have her dental records?? Maybe they could tell by the teeth fillings, crowns etc...

Normally when a suspect confessed to a crime and there is a body to be found, the suspect is taken to the location to show police where he put the body. In this case, searchers were looking in the park, and at the end of the search they decided to check an abandoned property neighboring the park. That's where they found a body.

It seems clear that the body was located by searchers that made a decision to check a property, and not a result of the suspect telling police where he put the body.

someone must have told them where to search, and they searched on the way to this location. Maybe a close relative told them? one who might wish they had turned him in a long time ago? JMO

I just hope they can determine the cause of death and there are definitive links to JM and there's no chance he walks. MOO

I just hope they can determine the cause of death and there are definitive links to JM and there's no chance he walks. MOO

Walks like child murderer Casey Anthony. All that work they did on that case for nothing

someone must have told them where to search, and they searched on the way to this location. Maybe a close relative told them? one who might wish they had turned him in a long time ago? JMO

I still think it had something to do with the cell phone pings.

The human remains were found Saturday on an abandoned farm located in Albemarle County close to where the suspect Jesse Matthew went to elementary school, according to authorities. link:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/10/19/hannah-graham-death-investigation/17550899/

```````````````````````````````
Interesting this article is calling it an abandoned "farm" not "property". I don't think 3193 looks like a farm, but don't know why they used the word "farm" either...

Do they have her dental records?? Maybe they could tell by the teeth fillings, crowns etc...

Somebody wrote here that they have them. I just read that they are waiting for the confirmation for tomorrow. They didn't said if it's from dental records, but I think DNA tests are longer.

Thanks. I think it's weird that investigators in Virginia stage a crime scene command center 3 miles from the crime scene. That's not what they did when Morgan Harrington's remains were found, but perhaps they've change protocol and now it makes more sense to keep all the equipment, such as evidence collection bags, miles from the crime scene. If true, police will be driving back and forth all day long getting the equipment they need to do their jobs.

Is the "crime scene" at Ammonett Park (per Coy Barefoot) marked off with crime scene tape?

does it make a triangle and LE might think there's more victims? naive question, sorry

Agreed, awareness is key - and especially in "transitional" areas, by which I mean going from a presumed safe place to one that's not - people often get in a "bubble" of complaceny in and around such places. Think of areas around airports and transit stations, mall, shopping center, and bar/restaurant parking lots, and apartment parking areas.

You have to consider the threat - thieves and robbers like to target airports, and nearby hotels and restaurants, because business travelers often carry expensive electronics - I live near an airport, and rental cars were targeted by a theft ring in local restaurant parking lots, due to the correct assumption that many business people left laptops in their cars.

After a colleague was robbed outside an airport, I made a special point to raise my awareness in and around them. And in doing so, I came to realize that certain airports are full of would-be predators- I could tell, just by watching people outside the security areas, and seeing certain of them being entirely too interested in passers-by. I've silently intervened more than once when I've noticed someone get up suddenly to follow someone, veering close-by to the person being stalked and locking eyes with their pursuer. I've been given hateful looks, but more than once, the pursuer just gave me a rueful smile, or shrugged, before turning away. In the US, Northern CA airports, like SFO and SJC are particularly bad - you'd think "Oakland", too - but it's not as bad as the others - fewer presumed-wealthy tourists and business travellers transit there.

With awareness comes something else - your instincts. Evolution gave them to us for a reason - learn to listen for them, and what they're telling you.

As for self-protection devices, don't carry them (only) in your purse. In your pocket, in your driver's side door bin or clipped under your visor , velcro'd to the inside trunk lid.

It's not Mogadishu out there, no need to live in fear. But don't let embarrassment prevent you from taking modest safety precautions.

Squiddy, your point about embarrassment really rings true. I remember years ago an episode of "Designing Women," in which one of the characters took a self-defense class. As portrayed in the show, one of the character's big issues involved being worried that she might mistake an innocent person for a perpetrator, or that she might cause a big scene without real cause. I think this can happen with women, particularly where I'm from (the South). Ladies, we should never let our "manners" prevent us from protecting ourselves. Better safe than sorry!

It's possible that the location of the remains, just off Old Lynchburg Rd, was just a disposal site.
Just want to note:
I went to the facebook page for the Mountain View Adult Home. I right clicked in the address bar and looked at the five people who like the page for the home. One is a massage therapist. That reminded me of an earlier witness account of a woman who said that, while in JM's cab, he offered her a massage and stated he was a masseuse or massage therapist. I wonder if he knows the guy who liked the MVAH FB page. I did the usual and checked to see if there was an obvious other connection and found none. But I was curious as to how JLM knew the place still stood vacant.

I still think it had something to do with the cell phone pings.

Earlier today it was reported that a neighbor reported a tip of seeing vultures at the rear of the house on October 5th. He returned on the 6th and did a cursory search and didn't notice vultures at the time. He knew the property was abandoned and felt guilty searching someone else's property so he called the tip in at 9:45 AM October 6th.

Does anyone remember a case where the victim's family was notified (and that was revealed publicly) and it turned out NOT to be that victim? I guess I feel that when Chief Longo said that about calling her parents he was acknowledging that they indeed know it is Hannah.

Yes, that was posted earlier. Two women. Also, it's protocol to contact family of a missing person when a body is found.

will LE want to confirm the identity of the remains to the public ASAP or do you think they'd withhold it for awhile

If it's confirmed to be Hannah I don't see why they would hold off for a while. The only hold-up would appear to be confirmation. I do wonder, of the many possible reasons it could be, which reason is it that it's not been confirmed yet. I do recall a body thought to be Morgan Harrington was found January 26th and then confirmed to be Morgan Harrington (dental records) less than 24 hours later.

Somebody wrote here that they have them. I just read that they are waiting for the confirmation for tomorrow. They didn't said if it's from dental records, but I think DNA tests are longer.

Dental records are much faster.

Yeah that happened not too long ago here in NC with Shannon Rippy:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gton-5-April-2014-James-Bradley-chgd-w-murder

But I don't have any doubt about this being HG, Longo knows that the eyes of the world are on him and he's not going to screw up that badly.

I think we will get official word by end of day tomorrow or Tuesday latest that ID has been confirmed. Just my own take on how I have seen similar cases go down in the past. I think that based on those pants, general body height, sex of remains, possible hair color etc they know it is her. It is simply protocol to wait until the ME confirms before LE does so. JMO

I don't think there's any chance of him walking.He has too much blood shed on his hands.Between the Harrington's and Grahams he's toast.Not too mention what else may come out.I think there's more victims.Nobody wants this man on the street,ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member