Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that the location of the remains, just off Old Lynchburg Rd, was just a disposal site.
Just want to note:
I went to the facebook page for the Mountain View Adult Home. I right clicked in the address bar and looked at the five people who like the page for the home. One is a massage therapist. That reminded me of an earlier witness account of a woman who said that, while in JM's cab, he offered her a massage and stated he was a masseuse or massage therapist. I wonder if he knows the guy who liked the MVAH FB page. I did the usual and checked to see if there was an obvious other connection and found none. But I was curious as to how JLM knew the place still stood vacant.

Just K, I wanted to say how much I appreciated the time you took to turn the color photos of JM to black and white and post them comparatively. It was then that I saw the resemblance between the sketch and JM. I was amazed at your vision and just wanted to give you props.

Earlier today it was reported that a neighbor reported a tip of seeing vultures at the rear of the house on October 5th. He returned on the 6th and did a cursory search and didn't notice vultures at the time. He knew the property was abandoned and felt guilty searching someone else's property so he called the tip in at 9:45 AM October 6th.

I know about that part, but something had made them hone in on the area of the Walnut Creek Park in the days before she was found. They had scheduled a public search of the entire park for today several days ago. The SAR officer that was interviewed didn't mention anything about the tip, so it's not exactly clear if they had gotten around to investigating that tip fully or not.

Why would they set up 1.6 miles from the alleged crime scene?

Perhaps they are considering everything between there and where the remains were found as potential crime scenes, meaning they might be looking for additional items discarded/clues along the way, so they want to preserve all areas within a certain radius so as to not compromise any evidence. These might include tire tracks, phone, cigarette butts, weapon, clothing, etc etc.

eta: we've seen in other cases where the victim's purse/phone, etc was thrown out the car window along the way...

eta: Another possible reason for the distance might be to enhance their ability to keep out anyone from coming to the location (media, etc) until their work there is complete. This distance might also provide an opportunity to make sure alternate routes to the location are all secured.

I posted this tweet on October 1st. I wonder if it was the same area they found Hannah in? The reporter said they were searching that day around Route 20 but also following up on tips that day too. Guess it doesn't matter now that Hannah's remains have been found pending the ME results.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP · 4m4 minutes ago
They are responding to tips on foul odors, buzzards circling and found pieces of clothing. #HannahGraham @WTOP

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP/status/517345903045533696

bbm This is why I'm left smh! Was he even interviewed regarding MH? He drove a taxi & grew up in the area her remains were found. We don't know the results of the FBI profile, however IMO he matches it well. Especially regarding the behavior analysis.

I know, it seems retrospectively (assuming JM is guilty) so obvious doesn't it? It's hard to understand how all of these little things didn't add up to LE. But then I remember that hindsight is 20/20.

Also, I do think JM was on LE's radar to some extent. Maybe not specifically for the murder of MH, but he was "known to police" was what I believe Longo stated in one of his earlier pressers. Known for what exactly I can't be sure. "Just" the car issues, the altercation with the man he took to the hospital, the argument at the car shop, etc. etc? Don't know. But they did not seem surprised IMO to lock in on this guy in HG's case.

JMO of course.

I don't think there's any chance of him walking.He has too much blood shed on his hands.Between the Harrington's and Grahams he's toast.Not too mention what else may come out.I think there's more victims.Nobody wants this man on the street,ever again.

True and I think if she was in his car, he has accessibility to medical cleaning supplies. JMO, since that's where he worked. I bet that he will say that she od'ed and he let her out and left the area. The officers are going to have to make him talk. Siting in Texas in a tent, tells me he's a recluse.

BBM:

Does anyone remember a case where the victim's family was notified (and that was revealed publicly) and it turned out NOT to be that victim? I guess I feel that when Chief Longo said that about calling her parents he was acknowledging that they indeed know it is Hannah.

(O/T, but this reminds me of something that happened to me one time. The docs called me and said I was diagnosed with a terminal illness. They called me back a few days later and said, "Sorry, there was a mix up at the lab, you do not have this illness." I mean, that was a good thing, but you know what I mean...) jmo

I know about that part, but something had made them hone in on the area of the Walnut Creek Park in the days before she was found. They had scheduled a public search of the entire park for today several days ago. The SAR officer that was interviewed didn't mention anything about the tip, so it's not exactly clear if they had gotten around to investigating that tip fully or not.

I am guessing that it was far enough away, and a place that JM fished a lot, that they thought they could set up a totally separate search there and have it not interfere with the other regular 8-mile radius searches. If the guy fished there a lot, he would know that area. Just my take on things..

Considering how sure they seem to be that the body found is HG, it's possible they knew the brand/size/other information about the pants she was wearing ni addition to other personal items that may have been recovered by the forensics team that the initial SAR team wouldn't be aware of.

And the teeth would likely be intact. I think the teeth are the key. It doesn't necessarily take dental records. This is part of why I think her father was there with Longo. A father would know what his daughters teeth look like.

I think he drove 11 miles with her in the car. He's really not that smart as far as decomposition. He was incredibly drunk. Here, you'd get a DWI for that... but it was very late. It had to be around 3:00 am that they were in that area. The last person seeing her was at 1:45 am so it could have really been 3:30 am. That assuming this is her.

I also believe JM is lazy. Its a lot of work to dig a hole, even for a big guy. He feels he is going to get away with it anyway, so why go through all that effort. I also agree very much with his "clean and comfort" thing, and I think one reason, certainly, not the only one, but I think he kills in relatively warm weather because he doesn't want to be "uncomfortable" due to cold weather.

Earlier today it was reported that a neighbor reported a tip of seeing vultures at the rear of the house on October 5th. He returned on the 6th and did a cursory search and didn't notice vultures at the time. He knew the property was abandoned and felt guilty searching someone else's property so he called the tip in at 9:45 AM October 6th.

I had not heard that - I had a feeling there was someone else other than LH who had noticed and called the tip in. Could you supply a link to that information? Thanks!

Other than the fact that the Sargent who found the remains, in his interview, says he was compelled to keep searching, I had read earlier that a tip is was brought them to that road to begin with. Sergeant Terry was about to complete his team's efforts there until he persisted in checking more properties IIRC.

I think we will get official word by end of day tomorrow or Tuesday latest that ID has been confirmed. Just my own take on how I have seen similar cases go down in the past. I think that based on those pants, general body height, sex of remains, possible hair color etc they know it is her. It is simply protocol to wait until the ME confirms before LE does so. JMO

I don't know about Virginia, but in many states, it's a legal requirement to wait for the ME to pronounce.

Same problem with tissue under fingernails - very small quantity to begin with, exposed to the environment, foreign tissue decomposing simultaneously with victim tissue.

My opinion...best chance for foreign DNA would be from semen. Sperm cells are some of the toughest cells in the body - difficult to break down, long-lasting. If the body was still wearing the pants, the pants would have protected a portion of her body from animal activity. This would allow for the possible collection of vaginal/cervical swabs. If she was wearing pants, she may have been wearing underpants which could have semen on them from recent sexual contact. This semen could persist despite the conditions.

From listening to the SAR interview last night, my opinion is that the pants were found near the skeleton, not on it. Also, he did say that some bones were strewn about (my words). The skeleton was intact however and the bones did not appear to him to be broken.

BBM:

True and I think if she was in his car, he accessibility to medical cleaning supplies. JMO, since that's where he worked.

It is my opinion that he was also able to get a hold of some drugs via his work with roofie type effects. I know many of you in the hospital industry have mentioned how closely these drugs are monitored/inventoried, but I still think that with this monster, his will was strong and he was somehow able to gain access to them. JMO

Thanks. I think it's weird that investigators in Virginia stage a crime scene command center 3 miles from the crime scene. That's not what they did when Morgan Harrington's remains were found, but perhaps they've change protocol and now it makes more sense to keep all the equipment, such as evidence collection bags, miles from the crime scene. If true, police will be driving back and forth all day long getting the equipment they need to do their jobs.

Is the "crime scene" at Ammonett Park (per Coy Barefoot) marked off with crime scene tape?

does it make a triangle and LE might think there's more victims? naive question, sorry

I don't live in VA but was wondering after she allegedly left with JM in the car is this property heading towards or away from her housing? If not she must have been very scared. He's big and evil looking even worse in the dark.

I also believe JM is lazy. Its a lot of work to dig a hole, even for a big guy. He feels he is going to get away with it anyway, so why go through all that effort. I also agree very much with his "clean and comfort" thing, and I think one reason, certainly, not the only one, but I think he kills in relatively warm weather because he doesn't want to be "uncomfortable" due to cold weather.

I agree.. but I also think he is so dumb that he thinks that if he is not actually seen disposing of the body, that they won't actually blame him. If Hannah was found in a dry creek bed and Morgan was out in plain sight in a pasture, then he doesn't even care about the body being found. Which is quite dumb as a murderer. Sad as that sounds.

I think we will get official word by end of day tomorrow or Tuesday latest that ID has been confirmed. Just my own take on how I have seen similar cases go down in the past. I think that based on those pants, general body height, sex of remains, possible hair color etc they know it is her. It is simply protocol to wait until the ME confirms before LE does so. JMO

I think the ID would be obvious from just the remains. A 6' tall female is very unusual and
the bones would make it clear, IMO
^i^

I see a conflict of interest in wanting your girlfriend to live with you before marriage and then complaining because she is not religious enough.

As one poster pointed out, he had a "living" girlfriend, not a "live-in" girlfriend. Grandma must have been confused. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member