Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the property that appears to be the same as the one in the police photo above. This is the same property that I first posted yesterday. The only problem has been that Coy Barefoot identified a completely different property, three miles away, as the location where Hannah's remains were found.

Attachments

• HannahGrahamCommandCenterLocation.jpg
    HannahGrahamCommandCenterLocation.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 474
BTW-- I heard this news on the news last night and I was just in shock. I was so mad, I couldn't even post.. but if it is Hannah Graham... my thoughts and prayers are with her family or the family that doesn't know where their loved one is. It saddens me to no end. Jessie Mathews wouldn't be around very long in my world... trust me.

Do they really take tips in order called in?
When I worked a tip line we sorted them daily and they were evaluated by LE and moved up accordingly.
Jmo but a site like the one where the remains were found sounds much like Morgan, and seems like it would have warranted a search sooner.

Jmo

I remember in other cases that those tips in those cases were "prioritized" according to content, and not chronologically.

It's possible that the location of the remains, just off Old Lynchburg Rd, was just a disposal site.
Just want to note:
I went to the facebook page for the Mountain View Adult Home. I right clicked in the address bar and looked at the five people who like the page for the home. One is a massage therapist. That reminded me of an earlier witness account of a woman who said that, while in JM's cab, he offered her a massage and stated he was a masseuse or massage therapist. I wonder if he knows the guy who liked the MVAH FB page. I did the usual and checked to see if there was an obvious other connection and found none. But I was curious as to how JLM knew the place still stood vacant.

Thanks for that - when I go there I see there are 6 likes, but when I click on it it just says 6 total likes - no names or anything. How did you get the info on the Massage therapist?

ETA: If you google it there is an interesting review under Google reviews.

This is the property that appears to be the same as the one in the police photo above. This is the same property that I first posted yesterday. The only problem has been that Coy Barefoot identified a completely different property, three miles away, as the location where Hannah's remains were found.

So which is the correct property where she was found? TIA

Perhaps they are considering everything between there and where the remains were found as potential crime scenes, meaning they might be looking for additional items discarded/clues along the way, so they want to preserve all areas within a certain radius so as to not compromise any evidence. These might include tire tracks, phone, cigarette butts, weapon, clothing, etc etc.

eta: we've seen in other cases where the victim's purse/phone, etc was thrown out the car window along the way...

Or ... perhaps they are searching an abandoned property which is on the road to Walnut Creek Park that belongs to the County Finance dept, where there is a dry creek behind the property, and it's a completely different abandoned property and creek than the one identified by Coy Barefoot.

I have seen nothing from the searcher (sgt) who spoke about finding the remains or from LE regarding whether the black pants found with remains were actually on the remains or nearby. Here is a video interview with the officer who found remains. My thanks to him and his team along with thanks to all officials and volunteers who worked so hard to bring Hannah home.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. — The remains were behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed — a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.

SNIP

Terry said the vertebrae bone appeared long and consistent with a tall person’s body. He said the body was not buried and its location was not far from the road.

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/19/man-finds-remains-while-searching-for-hannah-graham-shares-what-he-saw/

Or ... perhaps they are searching an abandoned property which is on the road to Walnut Creek Park that belongs to the County Finance dept, where there is a dry creek behind the property, and it's a completely different abandoned property and creek than the one identified by Coy Barefoot.

Poor Otto... I feel you've been picked on today :) Thanks for continuing to share your opinions in a way that is not tearing people down!

I will be very interested in seeing the final word on HG's remains. My assumption is that it's at the 3193 property, but you've brought up some very good points and I'm not 100%.

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot: here ya go - feel free to ask him yourself. Hope this helps.

Now that photos have been posted of police vehicles searching the abandoned property just off the park road, I think I'll go with that ... that the search is at that property, and the dry creek bed is Walnut Branch creek. Besides ... I don't do twitter.

I do have to say your map DOES look like the same property shown in the police photo up thread.

Poor Otto... I feel you've been picked on today :) Thanks for continuing to share your opinions in a way that is not tearing people down!

I will be very interested in seeing the final word on HG's remains. My assumption is that it's at the 3193 property, but you've brought up some very good points and I'm not 100%.

LOL...unless Coy Barefoot is a member reading here.

I get the feeling that even though they may have found HG, they are still conducting a search. Maybe this is why there is a discrepancy between Coy Barefoots report and where the command post is set up. It is possible they found more remains or maybe they expect to? JMO

So which is the correct property where she was found? TIA

Police vehicles are photographed lined up and down the farm road that is on the left after turning onto the Walnut Creek Park road. Everything about that property matches all the information we have received except the blog post from Coy Barefoot. He identified a completely different property 3 miles away where there is no police activity.

Someone should ask him about his source.

This made me cry.

Sorry that I forgot to quote. This was in regards to tha article about responsibility for Hannah.

Somewhere upthread, there was a statement from JM's attorney stating they were going to wait for the autopsy results and had no further comment. To me, this seals the deal, JM did NOT give the location of the Hannah's body. JMO

ETA: Matthew’s attorney, James Camblos, told NBC News he and his client were “waiting to see the results of the medical examiner's autopsy” and had no further comment on the findings.

Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/remains-found-search-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-n228901
What a strange comment from Camblos, IMO.

It's hard to keep up with this thread, every time I finish a page, I'm still about a page behind. So apologies if this has been addressed between where I stopped reading and the current end. I keep seeing the "command center" issue being brought up.

I wanted to remind all of you that the Incident Command System (ICS) which is used by LE, EMS, SAR and other agencies to manage large incidents, was designed to be flexible and adaptive. It is never a surprise when a Command Center is moved, or perhaps a sub command center is implemented, which sounds like may have happened here, or when another functional area is broken off as the incident grows in scope. A staging area may also be added, at some distance from the command center, to keep the boots-on-the-ground folks from interfering with the hundred-pound-heads in Planning.

I believe that everyone can take the free online ICS classes offered by FEMA. Many of you who are involved in EMS, LE and SAR are probably already quite familiar with them, because they're required for many of us. I suspect the questions and reading-between-the-lines going on in this thread are from those who are unfamiliar with ICS, or maybe took the courses a long time ago and forgot how it works.

If you're going to read anything between the lines here, it MAY indicate an expansion. We MAY find that this is a disposal site with multiple uses, or that LE wants to rule that out. We MAY find that there is an intent to occupy this space for a week or more, and anticipating more involvement with media and other search resources, that parking became and issue and played into the decision to move the command center. It may be as simple as elevation for portable radio comms.

I've seen Command moved, expanded, and broken into functional areas on numerous search missions.

Also I wanted to respond to earlier posts regarding Coy Barefoot. From what I have seen after researching him a bit he is a legit media personality. He is not a professor with a blog but rather a journalist who teaches on the side. www.coybarefoot.com

Thanks for that - when I go there I see there are 6 likes, but when I click on it it just says 6 total likes - no names or anything. How did you get the info on the Massage therapist?

Same here. I just get the 6 likes. Earlier I either clicked on the web page or something, but it said the company Mountainview Adult Home was established in 2010 and had two employees. It also listed the same phone number as shown on Facebook. Can't recall exactly where I found that though :(

I find it interesting that the attorney didn't say they were awaiting identification, only autopsy results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kgiridhar07