Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interpreted it as them waiting to proven "right" in that JM is probably saying he had no more contact with her after Tempo.

Well I certainly hope that's not the case, but it is definitely a weird statement. It could be exactly that, they are waiting for something in the autopsy that casts a reasonable doubt for JM. :facepalm:

You may be right about Barefoot having the wrong address,<modsnip> LE has not publicly confirmed anything as to location. They may or may not have told reporters and others off the record. We will just have to wait and see. We will all know soon enough. I will slightly correct one of your comments however. To say that the owner of 3193 told him "no comment" when he tried to get info from them...they said, and I am paraphrasing, that law enforcement had told them or asked them not to make comment. That makes a bit of difference, imo, bc if that is not the house that is involved, why would they care what the owner said to media or anyone else?

100% agree.

It's not completely unusual for there to be confusion about aerial photos and map locations, but I'm pretty sure that the aerial photo of police in the driveway aligns with the farm just off the Walnut Creek Park road. In other views of the map, the fence can be seen ... but no time right now to post. I think that Coy Barefoot made a mistake. I think he got some of his information from this website last night. He spoke to the property owners of the address that was posted here last night, and when they said no comment, he interpreted that as confirmation that it is the correct location.
Otto, I think you have raised some good points. Last night in the wee hours, I posted the tax map for the parcel behind the 3193 address because there is no creek on the 3193 parcel that I can see. The parcel I posted about is 42.5 acres and empty with a road on it. So it could be considered a farm although it looks to be a timber property only. It doesn't really matter because I don't see fencing dividing the two properties and it is wooded so it probably all blends together. Anyway, it is possible we are all just circling around these parcels because of the address from the scanner. I am sure everyone that owns property there has been interviewed and told that it is best not to talk to the media so maybe that is the explanation for the owner's comments. The local news reported this morning that they are searching everywhere down in that area today so that may be why the vehicles are in a different place today. I would think the person who says he walked the property on October 6 would know the address and that is how Coy confirmed it.

Not trying to pick on you OTTO, and you do bring up valid points on the Ariel photos of the command center. But to say that Coy wrote an article today loosely based on things we were talking about last night here on WS is a little bit of a stretch IMO. I believe he has much better sources than Websleuths.

you'd be surprised, lol.

Well I certainly hope that's not the case, but it is definitely a weird statement. It could be exactly that, they are waiting for something in the autopsy that casts a reasonable doubt for JM. :facepalm:

I think he's guilty as sin but I suspect his story is one of "maligned innocent guy" and thinks the autopsy will prove that. Pfft!

It's not completely unusual for there to be confusion about aerial photos and map locations, but I'm pretty sure that the aerial photo of police in the driveway aligns with the farm just off the Walnut Creek Park road. In other views of the map, the fence can be seen ... but no time right now to post. I think that Coy Barefoot made a mistake. I think he got some of his information from this website last night. He spoke to the property owners of the address that was posted here last night, and when they said no comment, he interpreted that as confirmation that it is the correct location.

Plus I don't think Coy would try to question the 3193 property owner just based off some threads he read on Websleuths. He herd the scanners and/or has insider police sources.

The property is 2.5 acres, which is not a farm.

Below is a farm with an entrance off the Walnut Creek Park road. That property belongs to the County Finance Dept. There is a dry creek behind the building.

I think that this is the location according to the photos and maps that are available. We can clearly see the median on Walnut Creek Park Road in the police photo.

That sure seems like the spot based on those photos- even see 4 LE officers there at the driveway to the house. Do we know that it's vacant or unused by the Cty Finance Dept?

If that's the case, why is the command center set up at the road to the park? Shouldn't it be set up at the entrance to, or on, the property mentioned in the article?

If you recall the interview with Sergeant Tracy who found the remains, he said his team had finished their search criteria in that area and then felt compelled to check the property where she was ultimately found so IMO that is why it was different than the area near the Command Center?

Not trying to pick on you OTTO, and you do bring up valid points on the Ariel photos of the command center. But to say that Coy wrote an article today loosely based on things we were talking about last night here on WS is a little bit of a stretch IMO. I believe he has much better sources than Websleuths.

Better sources than Websleuths?
How very dare you!
:)

LOL...this will probably get pulled, but I have been here all day after being here most of last night so I am getting a bit loopy. I can't speak for Coy, bc his info, up til now anyway, has been pretty spot on, but I believe NG and JVM could stand to join WS, because Lord knows they don't seem to have better sources.

"James Camblos III, the lawyer representing Matthew said he would await further information. 'The police have located human remains and we will wait to see what the medical examiner says to see who it is,' Camblos said."

http://www.newsleader.com/story/new...they-have-found-hannah-grahams-body/17517481/

Does the fact that Camblos has not said his client is innocent of the charges on him so far (abduction with intent to defile) perhaps mean that JM may intend to plea bargain depending on what the autopsy reveals? For example, if no cause of death can be determined, perhaps he'll say it was an accident to get a lesser charge such as manslaughter. I just think it's interesting that he hasn't professed his innocence so far if that's his intention, but I am not a lawyer, so what do I know? :)

Why would he confess to a murder when (so far) he's only been charged with abduction?

Not necessarily suggesting this is what happened, but a suspect may disclose the location of a body/evidence in return for prosecutors taking the death penalty off the table.

LOL...this will probably get pulled, but I have been here all day after being here most of last night so I am getting a bit loopy. I can't speak for Coy, bc his info, up til now anyway, has been pretty spot on, but I believe NG and JVM could stand to join WS, because Lord knows they don't seem to have better sources.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I'm already a bit loopy as it is :p It's late here but no doubt I will be lurking on my phone until the wee hours again.

<3 WS!!

This might be a throwaway post. Humor me for just a moment. Here in my neck of the woods (which aren't woods, lol, and I live about as far away from VA as you can in the continental US) we have a dry creek bed in a very small local canyon. Most people who have lived here 40 plus years don't know about it, it isn't on any Google map, and you can't see it from any satellite image because of its orientation within this canyon. The canyon isn't huge either, it's maybe 15 feet high? In any case, when it rains around here (which isn't often), that sucker looks like a full blown river. I only know about it because one of my kids used to like to look for junk down in that creek bed.

If something had been placed 3 miles up from this old creek bed, it would have been placed in a tiny, tiny, trickling stream. That stream stops about a mile & a half from said dry creek bed location. When it rains hard here, stuff from that stream, way the heck over yonder, near a major highway, brings stuff all the way down to that previously dry creek bed like a full blown river. I'm not going to say much more than that about where it goes next but you sleuthers can probably figure that out ;)

Perhaps this is why, given the current rains in VA, the search location is including an area that seems "off" and all over the place behind Old Lynchburg Rd., and all the way over 2 miles to another staging location. Maybe it's because of the water? JMO

ETA: it goes from raging river to dry creek bed again within about 2 days.

BTW-- I heard this news on the news last night and I was just in shock. I was so mad, I couldn't even post.. but if it is Hannah Graham... my thoughts and prayers are with her family or the family that doesn't know where their loved one is. It saddens me to no end. Jessie Mathews wouldn't be around very long in my world... trust me.

I just took my dogs out on this very, very beautiful day, and was thinking about how Hannah will never get such a chance to enjoy the sunshine again here on earth because this monster robbed her of her life. It is so unfair, how someone can do this...ugh, can't find the words right now, but ykwim... As stated earlier, nobody should be able to have this level of power, over a single person and their loved ones.

This is the property that appears to be the same as the one in the police photo above. This is the same property that I first posted yesterday. The only problem has been that Coy Barefoot identified a completely different property, three miles away, as the location where Hannah's remains were found.

This map from Walnut Creek Park website looks like it labels that building as "maintenance shop". I wonder if that's closed as of some date, say September 1?

http://www.albemarle.org/upload/ima...ation/forms/WalnutCreekPark_TOPO_PageSize.pdf

I have a suggestion for us all (myself included), when we are an expert in a particular area or even very knowledgable... please state that when you are posting. If we are simply guessing or using logic (and that we are not an expert or very knowledgeable), state it that way so we know it.... we all want to be able to weed thru some of the the pure conjecture here and collect together what is real.

FACTS
1) A female (skeletal) body was found Saturday on abandoned private property near Walnut Creek Park.
2) The body will be sent to Richmond for forensic evidence and COD (if possible)
2) LE has barricaded off Red Hill to Plank on Old Lynchburg Rd
3) The crime scene(s) are being analyzed.

What else do we know as fact in regards to the body found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kgiridhar07