Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
will LE want to confirm the identity of the remains to the public ASAP or do you think they'd withhold it for awhile

I hope a crime writer attends the trial and writes a book about this monster. It's sad to know that JM walked among the community and nobody really suspected him. If not for the CCV nobody would know who abducted Hannah Graham.

Without that store video, he would be prowling last night, and maybe another set of remains to be found.

He wasn't on anyone's radar.

MOO.

Agree, AnnaGrace, it is HG's remains.. Investigators have to use caution until there is an official forensic identification. It would be very embarrassing to prematurely identify the remains and later find out that it was someone entirely different...

Agreed, its Hannah. What's wild though is how we have seen other people's remains found during searches for a specific individual, for example, Heather Elvis / Tidewater Dr:

"Human remains found during Heather Elvis search identified as missing Garden City Beach man"
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/07/01/4328613/human-remains-found-during-heather.html

I've been out of town and just heard that Hannah was found.
RIP Hannah.
Prayers for her parents and loved ones.

The "crime scene team" tents, described as a "Command Center" by NBC news, are the same as the "crime scene team" tents at Morgan's crime scene.

"New police Command Center location inside Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County at the beach access" (see photo at link).

https://twitter.com/NBC29

Attached Photos: "Crime Scene Team" tents, or Command Center Scene tents, for Morgan and for Hannah.

I respectfully disagree. At Anchorage, the larger vehicles could not get to the forensic crime scene due to it being down the hill in a pasture and they didn't want to drive all over the probable means of access for the perpetrator (which was along that creek down that little valley north of where they found her) "Center" means the center for communications, logistics, food, restroom, etc. Then there will be teams going out from there to the other potential evidence areas (along the roads where he may have thrown a phone, clothes, etc.). I think we will all agree, we do not know the exact location of her body. That's my 2 cents worth. This is a BIG investigation. The do not want to contaminate any area and want to plan this out carefully... therefor they need a command center.

will LE want to confirm the identity of the remains to the public ASAP or do you think they'd withhold it for awhile

That's a good question, considering the gag order in Heather Elvis' case, and the unidentified remains found in Deland Co, FL. My guess is that in this case, they will confirm Hannah's identity, as there seems to be a lot of evidence against JM, no strategy is likely needed as in HE's case, where they might be hoping one of the 2 perps turns on each other, reveal HE's location, etc. I think we will be getting the confirmation of an ID asap. jmo

I respectfully disagree. At Anchorage, the larger vehicles could not get to the forensic crime scene due to it being down the hill in a pasture and they didn't want to drive all over the probable means of access for the perpetrator. "Center" means the center for communications, logistics, food, restroom, etc. Then there will be teams going out from there to the other potential evidence areas (along the roads where he may have thrown a phone, clothes, etc.). I think we will all agree, we do not know the exact location of her body. That's my 2 cents worth. This is a BIG investigation. The do not want to contaminate any area and want to plan this out carefully... therefor they need a command center.

Thank you for this post. I appreciate the way you expressed this.

In regard to this case, I have been in a situation similar to what I observe Otto is in now, where something just seems so "off," it just will not leave a person alone. At least that's my interpretation of how he must feel, and really, sometimes those instincts are right on the money and it pays to not ignore them.

I still feel in my gut that HG was moved. I still feel that JM had a reason for wanting so badly to shake LE off his tracks on the Friday/Saturday before he fled to Texas. So if this proximity of the control center to the supposed crime scene is bugging Otto like that being-moved business has bugged me, I will respect that and won't be surprised one bit if it turns out to be right, regardless of what makes sense or what we think we know right now.

I have a feeling that we'll know more than we really want to know, eventually. Imo, of course.

First post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. If I've done it wrong, please remove.

From this AP story, vultures can strip a body down to bones in just hours. So, despite it being just 35 days since HG disappearance and the weather being more moderate, it is very likely that the remains would by that point be skeletal.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-vulture-study-upends-forensics-142318853.html

Welcome CeiliMom and all new members. :)

:welcome5:

Also, Welcome 170 Guests.

:welcome:

I respectfully disagree. At Anchorage, the larger vehicles could not get to the forensic crime scene due to it being down the hill in a pasture and they didn't want to drive all over the probable means of access for the perpetrator (which was along that creek down that little valley north of where they found her) "Center" means the center for communications, logistics, food, restroom, etc. Then there will be teams going out from there to the other potential evidence areas (along the roads where he may have thrown a phone, clothes, etc.). I think we will all agree, we do not know the exact location of her body. That's my 2 cents worth. This is a BIG investigation. The do not want to contaminate any area and want to plan this out carefully... therefor they need a command center.

I agree. Plus Coy or someone that works for Coy is more than likely listening to the local police scanners 24/7. When he herd that address yesterday I am sure he went digging deeper to put out the information he reported this morning.

much gratitude for the store owners who handed over camera footage. JM would be ready for his next victim if not for them. this was a community effort.

Possible attempt to control his own surroundings.

True!!! Phobic is a good observation. It does seem like he was overly concerned with cleanliness and comfort (his own physical).
Another thought, though - if he had another side of himself, one that "flips on" when he's in predator mode, this all may be different for him. Maybe "predator JM" doesn't care, but the moment he switches back, he needs to be clean and comfortable.

If they are still looking for a cell phone, imo they need to bring out the VA Dept of Corrections K9 team that is trained in searching for cell phones, the same group that found Alexis' phone. They're in the same state... Any mention of this specialized K9 team coming out? I haven't seen any mention of this...

Coy probably has an inside source on the police force giving him information as well. He is never going to out that source in public for obvious reasons.

I wonder if the creek bed was "dry" when HG went missing.

I get the feeling JM doesn't bury his victims because he knows leaving them out in the open will result in faster decomposition. I can't believe its due to a cleanliness phobia.

I think he drove 11 miles with her in the car. He's really not that smart as far as decomposition. He was incredibly drunk. Here, you'd get a DWI for that... but it was very late. It had to be around 3:00 am that they were in that area. The last person seeing her was at 1:45 am so it could have really been 3:30 am. That assuming this is her.

much gratitude for the store owners who handed over camera footage. JM would be ready for his next victim if not for them. this was a community effort.

Ugh, this is so true. He was even so creepy that a lady felt these vibes and called him in to LE down in TX. Would she have been his next victim? If so, not much of a cooling off period...

Perhaps JM is one of these killers who operates in spurts?

I hate to think about what if this lady didn't call him in as suspicious...Would he have stayed in Texas and prayed on victims down there? Gone to Mexico? The world is a safer place with this monster off the streets.

It's clear that he is stating that the remains are "believed" to have been found at that location - which corresponds to the Ammonett Branch Creek location.

"The skeletal remains of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham are believed to have been found here, at 3193 Old Lynchburg Road— discovered in a dry creek bed behind this empty house, five weeks to the day since she was last seen."

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

I believe the location Coy refers to is also the house that the neighbor gave the tip about on October 6th when he noticed a large number of vultures behind the house on October 5th.

" I think many women (young and old) put their lives in danger because we are afraid of being rude, making a scene, etc. We need to be reminded, that when it comes to our lives, we need to do whatever it takes to protect ourselves. I pray that we have learned something from Hannah's situation that will save one or more lives in the future."

Well said
Last edited by Gully; Today at 03:50 PM. Reason: correcting Hannah's name - can't believe I did that!

Below are a few of updated press reports:

More:

Hannah Graham: Human Remains Found During Search for Missing UVa. Student
David Culver
Updated at 4:30 PM EDT
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Remains-Found-During-Search--279678342.html

Hannah Graham Investigators Scour Area Where Remains Were Found
(includes Katie Love's twitter post calling for any one who may have seen the perp in the area previously to call LE)
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-scour-area-where-remains-were-found-n229316

Remains found in search for British teen Hannah Graham were in creek near suspect’s childhood home
By Rosa Prince
8:20PM BST 19 Oct 2014
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...re-in-creek-near-suspects-childhood-home.html

Police Halt Search for Missing UVA Student Hannah Graham, Human Remains Found
By Rodrigo Ugarte (staff@latinpost.com)
First Posted: Oct 19, 2014 03:20 PM EDT
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/2...rch-for-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham.htm

Human Remains Found In Search For Hannah Graham: Police
By Andrew Hart - report by
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/18/remains-found-hannah-graham_n_6008832.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Charlottesville community reacts to news of found human remains
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 2:43 PM EDT
By Kelly Avellino reported by Susan Bahorich
http://www.wbtv.com/story/26824679/charlottesville-community-reacts-to-news-of-found-human-remains

Human remains found in Albemarle County could be those of Hannah Graham
The remains were found Saturday on an abandoned property on Old Lynchburg Road
Shayne Dwyer,
UPDATED: 09:47 AM EDT Oct 19, 2014
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/briefing-on-hannah-graham-case/29215060

bbm This is why I'm left smh! Was he even interviewed regarding MH? He drove a taxi & grew up in the area her remains were found. We don't know the results of the FBI profile, however IMO he matches it well. Especially regarding the behavior analysis.

Without that store video, he would be prowling last night, and maybe another set of remains to be found.

He wasn't on anyone's radar.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members