Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still confused about decomposition and time frame. On one hand I realize in these environs vultures and other animals will feed, etc. On the other hand, would think with the 5 week mark, there would be something more to the body. So many different opinions.

An investigator on CNN earlier stated it was really early for it to be simply bones and no hair. And like others, I'm wondering if they are actually searching area for more victims. Or possibly like above, more than two bodies found.

(Really appreciate reading the self aware posts. I wish there was a separate thread for this.

Which RAT thread...he has his own whole sub forum with numerus threads...I meant a specific thread which discusses possible links between JM and RAT.

Jeez, no need to be snarky about it, ksj3 :wave:
Do you have a link to the specific RAT thread you speak of? TIA

I didn't mean to be snarky!!! I just want to discuss it toooooo....here (and have for a very, very long time)! ;) Too much to keep up with to go over there, until (more) evidence surfaces.

In any case, I really don't know the answer to which one. Bessie posts it in the first post on most of these threads. I'll see if I can find it.

Would that be the bike path someone mentioned earlier?

I think they would have to mean old lynchburg rd. The bike path is a dirt trail you would go hiking on. It is a pretty "technical" mountain bike trail - tight turns, some steep hills, knobby ground. This comment made little sense to me, though. I've cycled on Old Lynchburg many, many times and have never seen anyone walking on it. It doesn't really go anywhere of a distance short enough someone would want to walk it. I have seen on this website that his grandmother lived off of Dudley Mountain rd. It's conceivable he could have walked to Walnut Creek to fish when he was younger, but it would have been a long walk.

Wow. That's amazing

I'll second that. I lived on a farm in North Carolina until recently. When deer (or anything) were hit by cars, which they often were, the turkey vultures and other animals would make very quick work of it in most cases. When we had something die on the farm, the body would be gone within a day of its starting to smell. We had to drive through a right-of-way under tall power towers to get home, and often saw turkey vultures on those towers, just waiting. One time, we had a deer that was hit on our driveway by a delivery truck driver (who then called me to ask me to come out and meet him because he couldn't get his truck past the body -- uh... no thanks), and so I avoided going out for a day because I thought it would be too gross... but by 24 hours later, the body was totally gone. Sorry so graphic.

ETA: Sorry, I quoted the wrong post (or did not double-quote) -- the previous posters were talking about scavengers and how they can speed up the decomposition process from weeks or months, as stated by some experts, to mere days.

This is where I'm confused. Police activity is in one location NW of the park, but Coy's claimed location is a couple of miles away West of the park.

I'm with you otto, but I did get verification from a reporter on twitter who spoke to a police officer on the scene. He confirmed the 3193 address. But since haven't seen exactly what the police activity is at 3193 since the roads are blocked- maybe there was something connected found at the park as well and there are two very busy activity areas in the area.

I didn't mean to be snarky!!! I just want to discuss it toooooo....here (and have for a very, very long time)! ;) Too much to keep up with to go over there, until (more) evidence surfaces.

In any case, I really don't know the answer to which one. Bessie posts it in the first post on most of these threads. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks.

Hopefully I pulled this forward correctly, and it's ok to have done so:

Use this thread to list and discuss crimes possibly linked to Jesse Leroy Matthew.

DO NOT use this thread to discuss Alexis Murphy and Randy Allen Taylor.

Any discussion of Randy Allen Taylor belongs in the appropriate forum.

Randy Allen Taylor

Call me crazy, but is it remotely possible that searchers have in fact found remains of two bodies and managed to keep one under wraps so far? Maybe one found behind the 3193 address that many of us, including me, feel has been reported accurately, and the other at the location nearer the park that Otto keeps referencing? If they have managed to keep the press away somewhat, could they have pulled this off?? I don't really believe it is possible, and there is NOTHING to indicate this has happened, but just kinda throwing it out there for thoughts....

very far fetched, but, maybe they don't want JLM to know that they found 2 bodies and somehow they will trap him with words from info on the second body? grasping here. :confused:

Would that be the bike path someone mentioned earlier?

I was wondering if it was Wilkins Trail. The website below has a blow-by-blow google map of a large portion of the trail. You can play it like you would a slide show. While watching it, I was reminded what an incredibly difficult task it would be to try to find a body in that park. Even finding a body 10-20 feet off the trail would be tough.

http://www.terrain360.com/trails/wilkins-trail/#000

very far fetched, but, maybe they don't want JLM to know that they found 2 bodies and somehow they will trap him with words from info on the second body? grasping here. :confused:

I don't think they're going to have a chance to trap him with statements. I don't think his attorney is going to allow LE access to his client, and I doubt he will testify on his own behalf at trial.

The reason we keep seeing what looks like orange cars are actually more red in color. The google earth color is not 100% accurate in those shots. If you look around the area in the google earth there is lots of orange looking things that are probably actually more of a red color IMO

Thank you! I was hesitant to post the image because I could not say with certainty that the vehicle was orange but with the river across the street and fishing being a hobby of JM's--I kept going back to it and decided to post and see what other's thought.

Don't roll your eyes at this question, but is it certain the remains were not found off the section of the road just before the park entrance instead of after passing the entrance? Or I guess, that no remains were found off the road prior to the entrance?

I'll second that. I lived on a farm in North Carolina until recently. When deer (or anything) were hit by cars, which they often were, the turkey vultures and other animals would make very quick work of it in most cases. When we had something die on the farm, the body would be gone within a day of its starting to smell. We had to drive through a right-of-way under tall power towers to get home, and often saw turkey vultures on those towers, just waiting. One time, we had a deer that was hit on our driveway by a delivery truck driver (who then called me to ask me to come out and meet him because he couldn't get his truck past the body -- uh... no thanks), and so I avoided going out for a day because I thought it would be too gross... but by 24 hours later, the body was totally gone. Sorry so graphic.
I wonder if because of its very rural location - and being near water- this would accelerate the decomposition due to all the wildlife.

To me, it was shocking to hear she was just bones, but then to me it feels like she went missing just a week ago (even though I know its been over a month. Just seems so recent in my head).

Maybe it is someone else, but it seems very unlikely to be anyone but HG. Especially since they've been going off pings.

Where's Gilamon?

I actually completely understand it. Our entire justice system is set up a certain way and in order for it to work, people must have the ability to defend themselves, the innocent until proven guilty thing.

The state has the responsibility to PROVE that JM was the one who committed this crime. JM's attorney is responsible to see he is found innocent if they can't prove that he committed this crime. And I think even in the case that JM has given his attorney information of guilt, while protected under attorney-client privilege, a good ethical attorney wouldn't let his client just "walk away" to commit more crimes.

I do not believe JM will be found innocent but it is for these reasons that I am glad LEO are taking their time and keeping things quiet so as to prosecute correctly. They want to make sure that they can prove JM guilty.

This may have been said already, I'm quite a few pages behind. Although a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty, no one is proven or found to be innocent.

You are either guilty, or not guilty, but being found not guilty does not mean you are innocent. It only means the state did not prove you were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. People have been found not guilty by a jury that clearly thought the person was guilty but also thought the state did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I just wanted to try to clarify that. Not guilty is not the same as innocent. While someone can be innocent of the charges they will still only be found not guilty and never found innocent.

But then how did AM's phone, hair, lip ring end up in RAT's trailer? The only thing that could explain this is that RAT and JM knew each other which I think is definitely possible. It's crazy how these cases seem to overlap in so many ways...

I definitely want to discuss a possible link between RAT and JM more, but I don't think we are allowed to do so here, unless any rules have changed since the discovery of the remains... Is there a specific thread for this? TIA.
Nope. Rules haven't changed. We have an entire forum set up to discuss Alexis Murphy snd RAT.

I don't think the possibility of more than one body is far fetched. I'm not sure they found more than one body, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Still confused about decomposition and time frame. On one hand I realize in these environs vultures and other animals will feed, etc. On the other hand, would think with the 5 week mark, there would be something more to the body. So many different opinions.

An investigator on CNN earlier stated it was really early for it to be simply bones and no hair. And like others, I'm wondering if they are actually searching area for more victims. Or possibly like above, more than two bodies found.

(Really appreciate reading the self aware posts. I wish there was a separate thread for this.

Me too. I've read a little about how various environmental factors can hasten/delay decomposition, and I am fairly confident that they've found HG; but like you, the quickness of skeletonized remains does give me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase