Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is all the information you could ever want on Walnut Creek Park. http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=parks&relpage=2744

I also am not getting the obsession with where the Command Center is located, seems like there are other things that could be focused on. :)

There's no "obsession" with the command center. During a crime scene investigation, a command center is set up on location of the body. Coy Barefoot provided a body location that is a couple of miles from where the command center is set up. I'd like to know where he got his information.

This is the command center (where all necessary equipment for crime scene analysis is kept) for Morgan's crime scene. It is at the body location, not a couple of miles away.

Attachments

• MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 439
I wonder if he had looked at that cabin to rent because he was moving out.

They gave notice in Aug they were moving.

Where was he moving to?

I am not saying he was moving there. I just wonder if he looked at it.

A neighbor said he used to live in the area.

I believe Zapped pointed out the nearby (fishing) pond.

His familiarity with the area and the above may have piqued his interest in renting one of these places.

The location of the command center is relevant, to determine the depth of the area they are possibly investigating IMO. If they were only focusing on the immediate area behind the house it would not be over 1 mile away. I am by no means an expert though! JMO

There's no "obsession" with the command center. During a crime scene investigation, a command center is set up on location of the body. Coy Barefoot provided a body location that is a couple of miles from where the command center is set up. I'd like to know where he got his information.

This is the command center (where all necessary equipment for crime scene analysis is kept) for Morgan's crime scene. It is at the body location, not a couple of miles away.

well, he IS close friends with chief longo...

There are showers, but I'm pretty sure these are closed after "beach season" and also pretty sure the park closes at night. There is a gatehouse at the entrance right off of old lynchburg, although I think there is no gate and fence. Then a long road to other areas of the park. The main park building down by the beach would be a great area for a command post, with ample parking and bathroom facilities. Been there many times...

You know, I dismissed this concern at first, but it makes sense that bestill mentioned it... Certain items could be disposed there, down the drain... like missing clothes, trinkets, stuff like that.

That doesn't really look like a "Command Center" to me in the MH crime scene photo.

I'd think we're talking about all the huge crime scene trucks and vans that go to a location when we're discussing a command center. The photo posted just looks like a crime scene.

The location of the command center is relevant, to determine the depth of the area they are possibly investigating IMO. If they were only focusing on the immediate area behind the house it would not be over 1 mile away. I am by no means an expert though! JMO

Agree it would make sense to be farther away if the area being investigated is a larger swath... but does anyone know if the identified house/property in Coy's article is roped off? Is this area just sitting open? Why on earth would it not be blocked off around the house itself?

I'm sorry Sir, but those white tents are not a command center, they are forensic collection and cataloging areas and a totally different thing. What does it matter where the Command Center is, seriously? I would think you would be impressed at the fact that our LE are taking the extra steps to make sure any and all evidence that could be collected wasn't tainted instead of making it an issue as to where they stage.

You know, I dismissed this concern at first, but it makes sense that bestill mentioned it... Certain items could be disposed there, down the drain... like missing clothes, trinkets, stuff like that.

And provides an opportunity to clean yourself up, as I said JM seems almost phobic about it. Wonder if there is a septic system?

What I see is a contradiction of fact. Coy Barefoot claims that the crime scene is at Ammonett Branch Creek. Does he provide a source for that information? NBC has reported, with photos, that the Command Center (where all equipment for crime scene collection and analysis is located) is at the beach access location in the park - approximately 3 miles away.

Stephon Dingle CBS19 @Stephon_Dingle · 16m 16 minutes ago
Searchers now looking along Old Lynchburg Rd, said they are looking for ANYTHING of relevance @CBS19 #HannahGraham

B0VBUH-IEAEQ8tp.jpg

Stephon Dingle CBS19 @Stephon_Dingle · 5m 5 minutes ago
More searchers looking along Old Lynchburg Road #HannahGraham @CBS19

B0VDWS5CMAA0KA-.jpg

https://twitter.com/Stephon_Dingle

Personally I think this adds to the reason for the location of the command center, they are searching/investigating a wide area, not just the immediate area of where the remains were found.

LE notified the family they found remains while searching for Hannah. It doesn't necessarily means this is Hannah until it has been confirmed by the coroner.

I'm sorry Sir, but those white tents are not a command center, they are forensic collection and cataloging areas and a totally different thing. What does it matter where the Command Center is, seriously? I would think you would be impressed at the fact that our LE are taking the extra steps to make sure any and all evidence that could be collected wasn't tainted instead of making it an issue as to where they stage.

It matters because it should tell us the location of the crime scene.

And I can't remember who echoed my thoughts on this a couple of pages back (sorry!), but how is the park possibly open to the public today if the command center is occupying the beach house??

I don't see him as claiming himself as 'religious'. Being a regular at the local bars every weekend doesn't point to that at all.

He had a reliogous friends that he spent time with. It is posted on here somewhere

Agree it would make sense to be farther away if the area being investigated is a larger swath... but does anyone know if the identified house/property in Coy's article is roped off? Is this area just sitting open? Why on earth would it not be blocked off around the house itself?

There may not have been any evidence of tampering or break in at the house(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor