Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting that this former medical examiner thinks that rate of decomposition is "far in excess" of what he would expect.

According to the decomposition formula, 35 days seems too fast for the body to be completely skeletonized.

Who else could it be?

I imagine it could be possible that there are two separate scenes. One where the murder happened and a second where he left her body?
How long would it have been since that guard house/booth was in operation?

Here's a night photo with the crime scene under lights ... placed beside a map from the entrance to the park. The little box is in both photos (in the map image, it's easier to recognize the little box from the shadow). I've marked the little box - perhaps where a fee is taken - with an A. That is most likely where the body was found, because that appears to be where police were working late at night. This is also where the Command Center was set up before being moved to the Beach Access area in the park.

Perhaps dry creek would be better described as ditch.

The image is taken from the video in this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ried-woods-near-jesse-matthew-s-old-home.html

This may be a 'duh' question, but the image from the video - is that taken from within the park looking out or the view as you enter the park?

Very interesting that this former medical examiner thinks that rate of decomposition is "far in excess" of what he would expect.

Wow, this highly respected ME (ID'd Chandra Levy and worked on the DC Sniper Case) is doubtful this is Hannah bc he says it takes 6-9 months to achieve such skeletonized remains under such weather conditions...rewinding and rewatching.

So, either, JM used a decomp accelerant of some sort, this is not Hannah, or this ME is off base.

In regard to the nighttime photo, etc, above: Does it seem unlikely that a large-scale command center (where LE is seen in the above video taking refreshment, and there are lots of cars and people milling around) would be staged quite that close (say 15 yards or so) to the actual site of the body?

briefed respectfully

If you go back and compare the picture that was in the first Timeline by Barefoot, and compare that to the picture of him side-view in court, you can see that there is what may be a scratch that's recently healed and is not apparent from the picture from that night (9/13). It's by his chin going up and then mostly covered by his beard that had grown in by the time they found him Tx.

Thank you so much! I would never have noticed that if you hadn't brought it to my attention.

Here's a night photo with the crime scene under lights ... placed beside a map from the entrance to the park. The little box is in both photos (in the map image, it's easier to recognize the little box from the shadow). I've marked the little box - perhaps where a fee is taken - with an A. That is most likely where the body was found, because that appears to be where police were working late at night. This is also where the Command Center was set up before being moved to the Beach Access area in the park.

Perhaps dry creek would be better described as ditch.

The image is taken from the video in this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ried-woods-near-jesse-matthew-s-old-home.html

It certainly looks like SOMETHING was going on near that entrance. Maybe more was found than the skeletal remains and found in more than one location.

Important info on confirmation of location:

I tweeted a C'Ville reporter (Hawes Spencer) earlier asking about the location of the body- just heard back from him, he says LE confirmed the address as 3193 today in person- I am going to link our twitter conversation here- hope it works:

https://twitter.com/PhoebeBeach/status/524010755440791552

With the maps of the area that's been posted, (thanks to you all), I came upon this one from Panoramio which shows a lot going on in those woods around the park and showing different places in which one could access those areas. Here's the link.

http://www.panoramio.com/map/#lt=37.922504&ln=-78.595381&z=2&k=2&a=1&tab=1&pl=all

My apologies if it's already been provided.

**If you click the box to show photos not included in Google Earth you will see different creek and trail areas as well.**

Attempting to get oriented with the area, I followed Old Lynchburg Rd. and headed east on Plank Rd. Just past Mile End Ridge, there appears to be a structure and an orange(?)vehicle parked nearby on the north side of the road. Across the street is Southfork Hardware River--not sure exactly what I am seeing but wondered if this river is known for fishing?

I will attempt to post the screenshot.Screenshot_6.png

According to the decomposition formula, 35 days seems too fast for the body to be completely skeletonized.

Who else could it be?

Samantha, Sage, Bonnie, Joy, Alexis....

Call me crazy, but is it remotely possible that searchers have in fact found remains of two bodies and managed to keep one under wraps so far? Maybe one found behind the 3193 address that many of us, including me, feel has been reported accurately, and the other at the location nearer the park that Otto keeps referencing? If they have managed to keep the press away somewhat, could they have pulled this off?? I don't really believe it is possible, and there is NOTHING to indicate this has happened, but just kinda throwing it out there for thoughts....

ETA...After all, I think most of us believe there may well be others that we don't yet know of that met their deaths at JLM's hands.

I've been reading here for years but only recently registered and this is my very first post.

I know this is extremely unlikely, because JM seems.. not so intelligent (IMO).. but is it possible that he could have dumped Hannah elsewhere but placed her pants next to where the most recent (alleged to be) skeletonized body was found? Maybe to throw LE off a bit.. if this body DOES happen to belong to another victim. I know it's very unlikely, but it just popped into my head while scrolling through this thread.

Welcome mika_cat!

:welcome4:

so those pics are of the park entrance, correct? there is a vacant looking little house right near the park??? I'm so confused

From the descriptions given, most of us were thinking the same. Missing hair is especially a puzzle to me.

The Australian Museum has an informative Web site, deathonline.net, on how human remains change after death. On land, bacteria and other microbes in the body will rapidly multiply and break down the soft tissue. Shortly after death, flies and other insects consume the soft tissue. Vultures, dogs or other large mammals may also take pieces of the decomposing flesh, sometimes reducing the corpse into a skeleton in under two weeks.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/b...ow-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10

I imagine it could be possible that there are two separate scenes. One where the murder happened and a second where he left her body?
How long would it have been since that guard house/booth was in operation?

years. but it is only manned - in my experience - when the beach is open. That would be during daylight hours in the summer months. I'm sure the info is on the Walnut Creek St park website. There is no one there at night.

This may be a 'duh' question, but the image from the video - is that taken from within the park looking out or the view as you enter the park?

I was unsure at first too, but with the orange traffic pylons on the road, and given the median from Old Lynchburg Road into the park road, the photo seems to be taken from in the park looking towards the entrance. That's where I've placed the X. It's also possible that the photo is taken from the other direction (Old Lynchburg Road looking into the park), meaning that the X on the photo should be on the opposite side of the road (same side of the road where police were investigating the maintenance building for the park.

Attachments

• crimescenenight.jpg
    crimescenenight.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 403
My gut feeling tells me that the actual crime was committed somewhere in the walnut creek park area and then the body was dumped down the road behind the Assisted Living home. That would explain the dogs hinting at a scent in or around the park area. Just another idea to think about.

I don't think that park is open at night, and isn't really a great option in terms of staying out of perception. I suspect he had a better option with the actual site. I agree whole-heartedly that the command center is where it is because it is the best space, has some amenities, and they can stay out of traffic. That said, I think the reason why they need such space is that they are firing on al cylinders to try to connect dots and maybe find other clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove