Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this highly respected ME (ID'd Chandra Levy and worked on the DC Sniper Case) is doubtful this is Hannah bc he says it takes 6-9 months to achieve such skeletized remains under such weather conditions...rewinding and rewatching.

So, either, JM used a decomp accelerant of some sort, this is not Hannah, or this ME is off base.

Hmmm.... Will be interesting to see what the dental records and DNA reveal about these remains. There are other missing women in this area. I still bet my money on Hannah, but anything is possible, it has happened before (remains presumed to be the person searched for and turn out not to be). For Hannah's family, I hope this will be her to provide some semblance of closure for them.

I imagine it could be possible that there are two separate scenes. One where the murder happened and a second where he left her body?
How long would it have been since that guard house/booth was in operation?

The beach is only open in the summer and from what I understand that is the only fee activity at the park, so the gate house would have been closed (unattended) at the time of Hannah's disappearance. JMO

Wow, this highly respected ME (ID'd Chandra Levy and worked on the DC Sniper Case) is doubtful this is Hannah bc he says it takes 6-9 months to achieve such skeletonized remains under such weather conditions...rewinding and rewatching.

So, either, JM used a decomp accelerant of some sort, this is not Hannah, or this ME is off base.

Or some animals and/or carrion birds got to the body. It's amazing how they can pick a body clean very quickly if that is their focus.

um, guys, did anyone else notice the newest post in the media thread? What do you all make of that. I found this latest development strange.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

I think Sgt. Terry's interview directly contradicted Longo's assertion that they will not jump to conclusions and someone was caught sans pants. IYKWIM. It looks like an effort to not compromise the investigation IMO. Here out I will refrain from commenting on the info that was removed.

:cow:

Attempting to get oriented with the area, I followed Old Lynchburg Rd. and headed east on Plank Rd. Just past Mile End Ridge, there appears to be a structure and an orange(?)vehicle parked nearby on the north side of the road. Across the street is Southfork Hardware River--not sure exactly what I am seeing but wondered if this river is known for fishing?

I will attempt to post the screenshot.View attachment 61699

I swear these orange cars popping up everywhere on these satellite map images is like a bad case of Where's Waldo...

What amazing coincidences/ luck (and so eerie) if he was captured via google mapping!!!)

(Wow, that would be soooooo crazy if it was Alexis...)

Important info on confirmation of location:

I tweeted a C'Ville reporter (Hawes Spencer) earlier asking about the location of the body- just heard back from him, he says LE confirmed the address as 3193 today in person- I am going to link our twitter conversation here- hope it works:

https://twitter.com/PhoebeBeach/status/524010755440791552

I wonder why they had the spotlights on at night near the entrance to the park if there was no body there. The only other time I've seen that was when remains for Jessica Ridgeway were discovered.

the only thing that makes sense to me is that they found something (clothes etc.) at the park and they found the body at 3193??

I was unsure at first too, but with the orange traffic pylons on the road, and given the median from Old Lynchburg Road into the park road, the photo seems to be taken from in the park looking towards the entrance. That's where I've placed the X. It's also possible that the photo is taken from the other direction (Old Lynchburg Road looking into the park), meaning that the X on the photo should be on the opposite side of the road (same side of the road where police were investigating the maintenance building for the park.

Based on where the crime scene tape is located, I think the image is taken from Old Lynchburg Road looking INTO the park. To me it wouldn't make sense to have the crime scene tape in an area that doesn't include the gate house. JMO

(I swear these orange cars popping up everywhere on these satellite map images is like a bad case of Where's Waldo...

What amazing coincidences/ luck (and so eerie) if he was captured via google mapping!!!)

that is pretty crazy. that's the second orange car in google maps off lynchburg. makes sense though if his mom lived there and if he walked the area a lot as resported. they have my neighbor checking her mail on google maps when i google our address

It certainly looks like SOMETHING was going on near that entrance. Maybe more was found than the skeletal remains and found in more than one location.

That's my feeling. IMO they are looking at this site as a large potential crime scene with multiple victims over time. It's very possible that the place the dogs hit on that they were to start digging this weekend is very different from where yesterday's remains were found, and now they want to follow up on the dog hits as well, maybe they'll get a two-fer this weekend.

The Australian Museum has an informative Web site, deathonline.net, on how human remains change after death. On land, bacteria and other microbes in the body will rapidly multiply and break down the soft tissue. Shortly after death, flies and other insects consume the soft tissue. Vultures, dogs or other large mammals may also take pieces of the decomposing flesh, sometimes reducing the corpse into a skeleton in under two weeks.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/b...ow-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10

I live in a rural area about 15 miles south of the area where they found the body. Last year, a deer was hit by a car on the road near my house. Within two days, there were only bones - the vultures in the day and possibly coyotes in the night (we have those near where I live) made short work of a full adult deer very, very quickly.

that is pretty crazy. that's the second orange car in google maps off lynchburg. makes sense though if his mom lived there and if he walked the area a lot as resported. they have my neighbor checking her mail on google maps when i google our address

Seriously.

Tomnod might want to get involved after all...

I live in a rural area about 15 miles south of the area where they found the body. Last year, a deer was hit by a car on the road near my house. Within two days, there were only bones - the vultures in the day and possibly coyotes in the night (we have those near where I live) made short work of a full adult deer very, very quickly.

Wow. That's amazing

Call me crazy, but is it remotely possible that searchers have in fact found remains of two bodies and managed to keep one under wraps so far? Maybe one found behind the 3193 address that many feel has been reported, and the other at the location nearer the park that Otto keeps referencing? If they have managed to keep the press away somewhat, could they have pulled this off?? I don't really believe it is possible, and there is NOTHING to indicate this has happened, but just kinda throwing it out there for thoughts....
I actually was trying to post the same thought but it didn't go through. I felt a little tin-hattish for saying it so your post makes me feel better! It would be a coincidence on the one hand but on the other hand, we believe that there have been two serial killers in this area so I guess it is possible even if unlikely.

I swear these orange cars popping up everywhere on these satellite map images is like a bad case of Where's Waldo...

Okay, that is just weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member