Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't see the big deal in this statement. This is a governmental department, and they are always careful in what they say. I'm guessing they didn't call the media and say "hey, nah nah nah nah nah, we are not hurrying on ID'ing this body." I'm guessing they gave a carefully prepared statement to the media WHEN ASKED that covers their asses so that someone else doesn't get mad because their loved one is equally important. JMO.

Hank Silverberg ‏@HankSilverberg 4m4 minutes ago

Remains found in #AlbemarleCounty now with state M-E. Spokesman says no special priority. #HannahGraham @wusa9

https://twitter.com/HankSilverberg/status/524317280587362308

Do you have a link? I have not seen one, just a lot of rumors.

Because it has been reported by one source that it was gone and usually that does not seem to happen so soon, though there is a great disparity when you do research.

Is there a possibility that this dry creek bed could have retained enough water during last week's heavy rain to move the remains and pants from another (nearby) location? This could be why such a large area around the park is closed off by LE.

I don't know, but I believe that could be the case with all the activity we saw at the park yesterday. Maybe he took her to the park first, then realized the body would be found too quickly and relocated her...

Except that there is NO evidence that that's what happened. JMO

I don't know if there is evidence that that is what happened or not except to say that people reported buzzards at that location. I'm just stating that it is certainly possible as we can see from this article.
Edited to add...how do we know that there is NO evidence of that?

There was a link, and the information came directly from the Sgt who said he found the body, but that information was edited and pulled from the media, per LE request. He definitely said it though.

They probably found hair that he did not see in his cursory look at the body. JMO

There was a link, and the information came directly from the Sgt who said he found the body, but that information was edited and pulled from the media, per LE request. He definitely said it though.

Yes, he said no hair and back of the remains were long

But let's say buzzards did eat the body, if that is true then there probably wouldn't be any hair anyway, correct?

I'm not an expert but I've seen many cases before, and I 100% believe that by now, they have identified whether the body is HG or not. Whether they are willing to share or not at this point in time is a different situation. What is worrying me is that if this is HG, you would think they would have said by now. If it isn't, they may be trying to determine who it is. It's after 5 PM on Monday now. Dental records could easily solve this, especially if we are going by the testimony of the SAR officer stating that the skull was completely intact.

Why else would they not want to tell the public yet?

Hi coming out of hiding to say, I too am a bit baffled by the delay given that it seems Dental records would be available and quick. However, with the news that JLM has been charged in the Attempted Murder and Rape of the Fairfax victim, I wonder if Longo, out of respect for the Fairfax victim, purposely delayed releasing any news on the remains found in the HG case until tomorrow. Purely speculation on my part of course.

In reply to the questions of how fast a body can decompose......similar cases in the state of VA. Taylor was from my hometown. Ben F. Killed her. In thirty days her flesh was gone.

Taylor Behl's Body Found in Shallow Grave
Look up Taylor Behl..... She was murdered on Sept. 5, 2005. Her remains were found one month later. They were in such bad shape, police could not determine if the skeleton was that of a male or female. Similar terrain; Tukey vultures and other scavengers; same climate.

Oct. 6, 2005
A body found in a shallow grave 75 miles east of Richmond, Virginia has been identified from dental records as 17-year-old Taylor Behl, a Virginia Commonwealth University freshman who has been missing since Sept. 5.

I don't know if there is evidence that that is what happened or not except to say that people reported buzzards at that location. I'm just stating that it is certainly possible as we can see from this article.
Edited to add...how do we know that there is NO evidence of that?

WE don't. And we don't know if there is. So, let's see what forensic investigators have to say, and not jump to conclusions....JMO

Hi coming out of hiding to say, I too am a bit baffled by the delay given that it seems Dental records would be available and quick. However, with the news that JLM has been charged in the Attempted Murder and Rape of the Fairfax victim, I wonder if Longo, out of respect for the Fairfax victim, purposely delayed releasing any news on the remains found in the HG case until tomorrow. Purely speculation on my part of course.

Welcome! That makes a lot of sense to me. One would think that it would be the other way around: First, ID the body, then share the indictment in Fairfax. Although I guess news of the indictment would have leaked anyway. I am just being impatient, like many of us. :)

Coy Barefoot said this when appearing on CNN Saturday after the body was reported found. He said he saw Longo and Hannah's father together at the site.

Thank you! I felt so bad when I nipped this info from someone's entry and then I was asked where I got it and perusing article after artcle to produce fact with no success.

WE don't. And we don't know if there is. So, let's see what forensic investigators have to say, and not jump to conclusions....JMO

I'm not jumping to conclusions I'm stating possibilities is all. I'm not saying thats what happened and I have even said it may not be the body of HG, but we're here to analyze all aspects of possibilities so that's what I'm doing.

I guess I don't see the big deal in this statement. This is a governmental department, and they are always careful in what they say. I'm guessing they didn't call the media and say "hey, nah nah nah nah nah, we are not hurrying on ID'ing this body." I'm guessing they gave a carefully prepared statement to the media WHEN ASKED that covers their asses so that someone else doesn't get mad because their loved one is equally important. JMO.

I guess that in most LE TV interviews/press conferences, there are a bunch of people at the podium and the release of info is carefully orchestrated. It seems this SO did the interview informally, did not have the other members of the search party with him nor the blessing of the Sheriff or Longo.

In his interview, his description of the remains may have been misleading, as I don't know whether he had a tape measure or not or a full working knowledge of the human skeleton. Knowledge enough to know whether the skeletal remains were totally intact. If he counted the 206 bones, God Bless him. JMV

ETA: Sorry RSC. I quoted the wrong post.

Except that there is NO evidence that that's what happened. JMO

The landscaper did say these weren't turkey vultures but were black and it does mention the black vultures in the article.

It also says the black vultures didn't attack the dead body right away and she had been laying in the field for 37 days before they swooped down on her remains.

IMO

So glad this women got away and they have linked JLM via forensics enough to charge him with attempted Capital Murder and Abduction. Good to hear that LE stayed in touch with her over the years and some justice is being served.

I wonder how many other women they will find within this 5 mile radius??

I'll repost the list of missing women I posted a while back because I think it's relevant. Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29. I have validated all of the ages/names on google and the missing persons database. Hope this helps. Many of these girls disappeared during the "back to school, fall football season. Corridor 29 seems to also be a common factor. See below:

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington (google suspect photo) (body found)
 )
(shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building)
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 18-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham (remains suspected to be Hannah's found ...awaiting forensics)

Excellent article! Not only could it relate to these remains but also MH since it allows for the damage to the skeletal bones.

The thanks should go to a new member Broadway26 he was the first to post the article I just quoted from it I saw it in a comment RSC posted but I couldn't find the post of the new member to like it.

There were links but the investigators asked the reporters to edit that out due to the ongoing investigation.

I don't know if anyone saved the original articles or not though.

Does anyone know if they are still searching the crime area?
I'm hopeful they'll find evidence, along with more bodies...

I drove by today and the plank rd intersection to old Lynchburg was still shut off and patrolled. The Red hill intersection had a sign saying media only. So they were definitely there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston