Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The protocol is to notify the Graham's because there is an active search for Hannah, or her body. They did a PC to notify the media and public. They probably called off the search because they are directing their efforts to this body. If it is not Hannah, the search for her will recommence.

Hope that helps.

teeandcee just meant that if they didn't think it was Hannah, they would not have mentioned to US that they contacted her parents. We know it's protocol to contact the parents. You can correct me if I'm wrong, teeandcee, I just didn't want to see this get even further off track from what you were referring to.

Is it possible the examiner didn't work on Sunday? I'm thinking only today maybe they were able to see and examine the remains. Just a thought, IMO

didn't that parker slaybough (sp)? say he had new info on JLM and its was not the fairfax thing. Any word on what it was?

Hi everyone, new here, but have viewed threads for years. If this link has been posted, my apologies. It deals with decomposition and vulture activity. I also thought it was very interesting in regard to vultures actually breaking bones. I thought there was evidence of that in the Morgan Harrington discovery. Anyway, great comments and observations by all.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...n-remains-to-shed-light-on-homicide-theories/

Yes, vultures are big & ugly. Once you've seen 10-15 along the road together, you don't want to see them again. It's scary. Here's a link on Turkey Vultures and also a link about Leesburg VA (about 100 miles from C'ville).

The Turkey Vulture is one of our largest birds. It grows as big as an eagle; up to 32 inches long, with a six-foot wingspan.

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/turkey_vulture.htm

Vultures Beware: Virginia Town Targets Flock Of Unwanted Visitors

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/09/171588486/virginia-town-fights-vultures

There's some interesting information on black vultures, which are the ones said to have been seen by Mr. Pugh on October 5th. They are smaller than turkey vultures with an average wing span of 4.9". Although they have keen eyesight they do not have a good sense of smell and rely on turkey vultures to lead them to the carrion.

I think we will officially know the identity tomorrow and the remains will be confirmed to be Hannah. Not sure why the short delay compared to many other cases, but if dealing with just bones, it may take longer. I thought they would do dental records, though.

Remember in the Erin Corwin case how it all came together at once? They found a body, arrested CL, announced it was EC all seemingly at the same time. I don't remember waiting days; it seemed to be overnight.

Yes, vultures are big & ugly. Once you've seen 10-15 along the road together, you don't want to see them again. It's scary. Here's a link on Turkey Vultures and also a link about Leesburg VA (about 100 miles from C'ville).

The Turkey Vulture is one of our largest birds. It grows as big as an eagle; up to 32 inches long, with a six-foot wingspan.

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/turkey_vulture.htm

Vultures Beware: Virginia Town Targets Flock Of Unwanted Visitors

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/09/171588486/virginia-town-fights-vultures

I am weird I guess, I always like checking them out.

Shaquita went missing in 96 and the guy convicted said the body is in MD. I don't think it's related. Dashad is possible but I think they would quickly be able to determine if the body was that of a man or woman. I still wouldn't discount Dashad but I think chances are much greater it is Hannah.

I was wondering about Dashad because might he have been wearing a wig and hence the no hair thing?

this, it's so :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What? I'm sorry, I copy and pasted that so I said that when there was that argument.

Is it possible the examiner didn't work on Sunday? I'm thinking only today maybe they were able to see and examine the remains. Just a thought, IMO

I don't know but considering every weekend for a month they've had anywhere from 50-100 people busting their butts out searching in the heat giving up their weekends I'm going to go ahead and say that there is no way on gods green earth the the medical examiner would refuse to come in because it was saturday or sunday. There is also no way, despite what the ME is saying that this case is not getting special priority. As someone who works on things that sometimes end up in the media (local or state at most and totally unrelated to crime) When you situation is in the media its a totally different ball game ... I can only imagine what it would be like if one the front page of yahoo and CNN.

What? I'm sorry, I copy and pasted that so I said that when there was that argument.

i was agreeing with you and saying it frustrating that we have to keep having the discussion over and over, sorry that it was not clear!

Shaquita went missing in 96 and the guy convicted said the body is in MD. I don't think it's related. Dashad is possible but I think they would quickly be able to determine if the body was that of a man or woman. I still wouldn't discount Dashad but I think chances are much greater it is Hannah.

Alexandria is a couple of hours from/to Old Lynchburg Road. She was last seen in Alexandria not MD. They didn't discover a body in MD based on a verbal geological location, who is indicted for her murder (M. Dickerson) She's also between 5'6- 5'7.

The officer on the interview said he vertebra was long so, that is 3 people. One is Hannah, one is this girl.. or the other one is transgendered guy/girl. ( providing he had changed from his sweatpants)

Hannah is 5'11
D Smith is 5' 11 ( or 5'8 to 5'11")
and Shaquita is 5'6- 5'7"

The person is TALL. SO.. that is how I came up these three people. The remains are NOT going to fit someone that is 5'4"

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bell_shaquita.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_dashad.html

Yes, but they still needed to arrest CL. In this case, the arrest has already been made. There may be no rush to announce; perhaps there is an extended family that needs to be called.

Remember in the Erin Corwin case how it all came together at once? They found a body, arrested CL, announced it was EC all seemingly at the same time. I don't remember waiting days; it seemed to be overnight.

We have turkey vultures in my area (about an hour from C'ville.) Seriously, I used to be afraid they could carry my toddler off. I ain't kidding. HUGE.

I am in the camp that there was something distinctly Hannah at the site. Either that sparkly shirt and white tennis shoes or a bracelet or her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3