Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this just means that they are certain it is HG (i.e. the parents know those are her pants). I don't think they are dragging their feet, but I also think they are carefully strategizing every single thing they do right now.

Get out of here. Seriously?? Longo has said over and over and over and over that he made a promise to Hannah's parents, and they deserve this closure, etc. I don't think he meant "whenever the ME feels like it."

I can't link this County of Albemarle gov't land map, but here is the link to the site I believe otto originally linked.

Very interesting, if you search the 31*3 address and click on map to left of the address a map will come up, make sure the type of map is GIS once open. Look south of the driveway at 31*3, see the creek south of the cottage as well. Just on the south side of the creek is a driveway to the vacant lot that's next door to 31*3 leading way way back into the woods. It's just on the southside of the creek. Is this the location of the gate we had discussed earlier?
The parcel is 42 acres and looks like the Ammonet Branch is on this neighbor's property, not the 3193 property lines.
Please post a pic here if anyone can. I don't know how to do it.

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWeb/SearchResults.aspx

map4.JPG

I can't link this County of Albemarle gov't land map, but here is the link to the site I believe otto originally linked.

Very interesting, if you search the 31*3 address and click on map to left of the address a map will come up, make sure the type of map is GIS once open. Look south of the driveway at 31*3, see the creek south of the cottage as well. Just on the south side of the creek is a driveway to the vacant lot that's next door to 31*3 leading way way back into the woods. It's just on the southside of the creek. Is this the location of the gate we had discussed earlier?
The parcel is 42 acres and looks like the Ammonet Branch is on this neighbor's property, not the 3193 property lines.
Please post a pic here if anyone can. I don't know how to do it.

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWeb/SearchResults.aspx

yes that is what I was looking at from street view down the rd. There is a cattle gate at the entrance to that rd to access the field.

For some reason I have a feeling this may not be her, does anyone else feel that way?

I think it is 50/50 chance. There are enough discrepancies in info at this point that I don't feel certain either way. I *do* think the remains are connected to Jesse Matthews, but I feel like it could be someone else.

I wrote a post yesterday saying something's weird about all this, and I still feel that way today. It almost seems as though there's been an intentional effort to bring attention to these remains, distracting the media, the public, and all of us sleuthers, and meanwhile LE has something else happening that is going unnoticed!

Not me. I think there probably is evidence that hasn't been released makes them pretty confident. I doubt they would have told her family and the public unless they had very good reason to believe it was her, beyond, 'we found some bones.'

I think you're right. They would not release the info. This area has been well known for cases of missing people wandering these woods lost or what have you. They wouldn't have released the info if it didn't pertain to the case I bet. However, that doubt still is there. Pray for Hannah's family and friends and for all the UVA campus who wants peace and closure as well.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...o-be-indicted-for-2005-fairfax-rape/17617775/

I'll see if I can't make it out to circuit court for his hearing. The problem with FFX Co CC is that you can NOT access case info online for whatever reason. But my attorneys are there every day and I'm literally across the street from the place, so I'll keep my eye on the daily docket and pop my head in when I can.

The daily docket is online. Also, Fairfax County Circuit Court has a section on its webpage for High Profile cases. The Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. Indictment is already up under the high profile case section.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/courts/circuit/

Well, I don't think it matters because the sex charge, for the Fairfax City Case, was in the commission of two other felonies, Attempted Capital Murder and Abduction with Intent to Defile.

Not sure. Fondling someone is different than intercourse, and makes it less likely there was any seminal fluid. How is he then linked to MH? Are you saying that it doesn't matter so long as one of the charges sticks? Thanks!

Thanks Bessie! Not a lot of anything new there really. Oh well, he has now been connected to that case stated by LE themselves. Maybe this means much more to come. I hope so for the sake of all of these victims!
Will we hear.information on whether or not JMs DNA matched or didn't match the unidentified DNA in the AM case? Any news on that?

Welcome to all our new members!

:welcome3:

So glad you joined!

Just FYI, Fairfax City is a small incorporated city within Fairfax County. Like Charlottesville they have their own Police Force but they use Fairfax County's Courts.

I think they confirmed the black pants found at the scene were what she was wearing that night.
I lived in Herndon VA from 1989-2003 and drove to Charlottesville for day trips. The country is so rural there. I think the people searching for her did a great job in finding her so soon. The brush and forest out there is thick, and not easily accessible. Noone is perfect, they did the best they could which imo is commendable.
I again wonder if JM is the Route 29 killer. At least 8 girls disappeared down there and in Newport News. Girls would just vanish on Route 29. Such a beautiful but rural road. I am thinking JM is a serial killer, and got away with it for years. I am so glad they caught him, but so sad another girl couldn't be saved. I followed Morgan Harrington closely, her mother's sadness made my heart break, as does the Graham family now. Poor girls, just 18 & 20 yrs old.

Is this the same man who saw buzzards on the 5th and walked a little of the property on the 6th and felt concerned about trespassing or is he a second man who saw the vultures?

No, Just K; this same article says, "'I had thought about stopping in and checking it out, but the 'For Sale' sign was gone now, and I thought. 'Maybe someone purchased it, I don't want to be a trespasser.'"

So, are there two separate men who saw the buzzards? :dunno:

Oh my goodness, I am finally caught up after reading ALL day! Sprained my ankle and my LO is with her grandmother so I had time to read. JMO on a few things:

1. RE the state of the body: on one hand I completely believe she could be skeletonized, but then I think maybe not. My lovely beast dog in my avatar killed a bird in my yard, and I called my cousin-in-law who is a pest remover person to see if he would get it, and he said just leave it and something would get rid of it. Long story short I had to go clean it up a week later and it still looked completely whole(ETA: and this was in 95+degree weather). I guess I'm in the air on this one. I do think what another poster said was logical, and perhaps she was buried in a shallow grave, or covered by brush, and heavy rains washed her out and then the vultures came. However, I imagine there is still some tissue. Does anyone know if vultures will eat something previously buried?

2. I think the area completely fits the MO by LJ/JM.

3. I have seen in a previous case on some tv show where they were able to tie debris under a car to the location of where a body was found.

4. I think if there are other victims their bodies will be randomly found in areas like this but not likely more than one body per site.

5. RE the lack of hair: I think they will find some strands, but, birds honestly love the stuff. When I clean out my hairbrushes I put it in a little bucket on the porch and me and my little one watch the birds come get it! They literally take it all within an hour usually.

On a personal note, I know it's our jobs here to discuss all the details including the gory ones, but I hope her parents never read here. T
his stuff has been hard for me to read, so I can't imagine how awful it would be for them. I have always had a kind of weird respect for vultures, and now when I look at them I will think "have they eaten a person"?

yes that is what I was looking at from street view down the rd. There is a cattle gate at the entrance to that rd to access the field.

Also look how close that driveway is to the creek!

Ok, NOW, boys and girls, we know what the "forensic link" is between JM and MH.

What does (knowing they have his DNA results back) tell us about HG's case? Anything?

un name LE sources have been saying the link was DNA for 2 weeks so I don't think DNA results just came back.

Where do you think he allegedly raped/killed her? In one of the vacant homes or in the mud/grass? Or somewhere completely different?
IDK. I read that the rape victim from 2005 was assaulted on the grass by the pool at an apartment/condo area.
I don't think he's that smart to plan...I think he just spots an easy target and acts on it..then go to a familiar dump spot.

Here's what I don't get...
If his family lives near there, why would he dump bodies there? Isn't that like p**ping where you sleep? He would dump dead girls near where his mom lives??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3