Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that they are also attempting to detect DNA evidence for a murder charge, thus an extra day or so before they confirm the identification? If they were dealing with skeletonized remains only, it would seem dental records would be sufficient, as well as determining if the pants found belonged to her. I have read recently that you can determine an approximate height of an individual using the femur bone and multiplying the length X 5. I thought this was very interesting.

Sorry if this has already been answered; I'm catching up.
Yes, this is the exact property dda and I posted about two nights ago. It's the property with the gate in the Google maps pic posted. According to dda, this is the property that is wooded and overgrown, with owners who are not local. The Ammonett Branch creek flows through this property that isn't currently in use (has been logged in the past for timber?).

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.922...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1stL24mF8kwPCOmxFd4mHw6g!2e0

When it rains in Virginia, the water run off goes into creeks. The creek behind my house is normally dry. Given two to four inches of rain, especially torrential downpours, the creek rises up above the banks. Sediment from upstream is carried hundreds of yards. Within hours after a storm, the creek bed has subsided. Two days later, the soil isn't that moist. Last Weds. I was on a field trip , we had to take our bus to a local center due to a tornado warning. That rain would have raised all creek beds and tributaries.
Virginia is known for it's torrential downpours. I hydroplaned on route 29 near amherst and lovingston a little over a year ago. I was the only one hurt and the amherst police chief was behind me and witnessed the whole thing and thought for sure he was going to find someone dead, but I was alright and after many many phone calls the insurance company decided it wasn't an at-fault accident because the road should have been closed because the road was completely flooded. This isn't a county road at all it's a four lane highway with speeds set at almost 70 mph in some places. I can only imagine a tiny driveway or creek bed in this area. I haven't studied the area much because well it gives me the heebiejeebies. This was only about 24 hours of heavy rain, If the body was up on a hill and then the rain came the body could have been washed several yards away or the dirt displaced that could have covered the body.

If we have no ID by Wednesday I will begin to worry. I am not there yet.

Hi coming out of hiding to say, I too am a bit baffled by the delay given that it seems Dental records would be available and quick. However, with the news that JLM has been charged in the Attempted Murder and Rape of the Fairfax victim, I wonder if Longo, out of respect for the Fairfax victim, purposely delayed releasing any news on the remains found in the HG case until tomorrow. Purely speculation on my part of course.

Welcome. Thank you for pitching in. We're all just thinking out loud.

On FOX: Dr. Michael Baden said it is unlikely that there would be any DNA from the Perp in these conditions.

He would not expect to find it.

So if indeed the skeletal remains are identified as Hannah, does the ME need to not only establish identity, but COD before they release the info? TIA

On FOX: Dr. Michael Baden said it is unlikely that there would be any DNA from the Perp in these conditions.

He would not expect to find it.

I bet he said that about Morgan after her remains were lying in a field for three months, but there was DNA.

So if indeed the skeletal remains are identified as Hannah, does the ME need to not only establish identity, but COD before they release the info? TIA

I hope not. COD could take a long time or be inconclusive.

Here is a super close up (albeit grainy low resolution from a newspaper article) of the crime scene. What puzzles me is why the crime scene tape seems to stop short of the dry creek bed back at the tree line.

abandoned 7-B.jpg

Hello, again to all you WS. I just wanted to share some thoughts about the lack of confirmation about the remains thus far. In my humble opinion- the priority in examining the remains would likely be to extract any and all remaining DNA from the body before everything is turned back (and rightfully so) to her family so they could prepare a proper memorial and burial for (in my opinion, Hannah) her. Because of elements, birds, bacteria, other rodents, animals, weather the remains will need to be microscopically and very thoroughly examined for any remaining tissue. In this light, confirming her identity is not the priority but the careful exploration of any/ all remaining available evidence IS the first priority.
Again, this is my humble perspective-

Great observations. Thanks.

Sorry if this has already been answered; I'm catching up.
Yes, this is the exact property dda and I posted about two nights ago. It's the property with the gate in the Google maps pic posted. According to dda, this is the property that is wooded and overgrown, with owners who are not local. The Ammonett Branch creek flows through this property that isn't currently in use (has been logged in the past for timber?).

I have looked and looked at every photo and map and I cannot see the gate or property being discussed. Help!

Jesse was charged with attempted murder and rape of Fairfax victim?

Sorry this is OT, but regarding vultures . . .

Years ago, my sister lived with our grandmother in an old house that really high ceilings and windows (at least 12' high, maybe more, from antebellum construction). My sister woke up from a nap on her bed one winter afternoon to a horrifying sight: Sitting in the branches of the massive old tree outside her window was a colony of buzzards, all facing her, looking at the window! Eek!

OMGosh, Concerned Mama, is she okay? And how's your grandmother doing?

First one blown up some more...

abandoned 7-B.jpg

The first thing I notice is they don't have tape UPSTREAM of the property....so I am guessing it appeared the body did not drift from rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee