Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought it would be a Hunter or years to come before Hannah was found. Happens in so many cases despite the wonderful effort of those searching. Sometimes I think maybe I just go with that thought. Having hope dashed on so many cases I guess.

Hunter, Trapper, you name it... you're just praying it will happen in-season before the snow falls.

FYI: The case I was referring to earlier (body on property / sniffer dogs) was Deborah Key / Andrew Dalzell, and you seems to have several posts about it here on Websleuths.

I have certainly written extensively about it on my blog

www.theresaallore.com

I know that the property at 31xx, that we now know was the location of the remains that were found, was reported as abandoned, and certainly was and had been unoccupied for quite some time. It had been listed with a realtor fairly recently, so I am wondering what the likelihood is that the owner still had the power turned on there? I ask because, and I have thought this for a while, that JLM strikes me as the kind of sadistic monster that would derive great pleasure from being able to SEE what he is doing to his victim. It has been reported by locals that that area is pitch black at night. I know it was mentioned somewhere what phase the moon was in that night, but was it a clear night? Would he have been able to see what he was doing? If the house had power, I would be willing to bet he was inside it during at least some of what went down, and I hope and am confident that LE will examine every inch of that property with a microscope. JMO

I looked at the moon phases the other night and iirc, the moon was maybe 2/3 full that night. Plenty bright enough to see---in fact, this fall the moon has seemed particularly bright. I haven't used my flashlight to go to the barn for night check on any night when there has been even a bit of moonlight. I tend to agree with you about him wanting to see---for some reason, it reminds of the wrestling stories that have been reported---confrontational/competitive/dominating. BTW, jinkasaurus is one of the funniest things I have read in a while:)

It seemed more like she is still trying to put it together.

You are correct. I jumped the gun when reading. At least some of the neighbors were listening to the news. Other neighbors hadn't kept up until a body was found. (But in all fairness I have a friend who doesn't read or listen to the news and has no idea who ISIS is or that beheadings are happening.)

Hunter, Trapper, you name it... you're just praying it will happen in-season before the snow falls.

We get discouraged. We know the odds that organized searches face. You think, if not them, it's okay, maybe a hunter, maybe a fisherman, a hiker, biker, mushroom or root hunter, you pray. It's what we do.

Does anyone think the delay in publicly announcing a positive ID might have anything to do with strategy? They did just announce the grand jury indictment today. Maybe the pause is intentional. :waitasec:

Since we have read that the bones were scattered I wonder if it is like in Caylee's case and they are trying to piece the bones back together and have missing pieces and are telling the investigators which bones are missing. The investigators could be searching for more remains. Didn't it take 3 weeks when they searched for as much of Caylee as they could find?:(

Although I don't think this is a long period of time especially in the condition she was found in. Didn't it take four days for them to announce it was Morgan when she was found?

Slipping out of lurkdom to ask what may be a silly question but, will a higher blood alcohol level at the time of death contribute to a faster rate of decomposition? Anyone know?

Glad you're out of lurkdom for a bit, 'flake! Come on out here, it's fine and it's fun and you learn something every day! I'm not sure about your question -- on the one hand, I don't see how it would. In the reading I have done, I have not seen it as a contributing factor, but alcohol could influence it somewhat, I guess, but I don't know if it would delay or hasten it, and if it would make a significant difference. Mostly MOO.

One of his old friends or coworkers said he was a bully of a driver. Now we have the neighbor on Old Lynchburg Rd saying he would come up on you driving like he was pushing you.

I wonder how this and his wrestling grown men into submission fits into the Psych profile.

Moo

What is that near the end of the road, in the bottom right of the image?

Otto, the cottage on that map shows the address to be 3193 and the main house address appears to be 3181. I checked out 3181 Old Lynchburg Rd on the county assessments and it shows it with an alternate address of 3183. Does that mean the main house and the cottage each have a different address? If so, then the remains WERE found behind the small cottage. IMO

One of his old friends or coworkers said he was a bully of a driver. Now we have the neighbor on Old Lynchburg Rd saying he would come up on you driving like he was pushing you.

I wonder how this and his wrestling grown men into submission fits into the Psych profile.

Moo

are there links and discussion about this on the all about JLM thread? If so I must get over and read up on that aspect of this case. Thank you.

Otto- what do you see? Can you please repost with a circle around what you see and your thoughts? I see three points of interest. Can you zoom in closer?

Is that part of a power line? It's part of the imagery associated with Albemarle County Gis map: http://gisweb.albemarle.org/Map/Viewer.aspx

The map without the structure is from 2009, the map with the structure is from 2013.

Attachments

• Property Field 2009.jpg
    Property Field 2009.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 114
  • Property Field 2013.jpg
    Property Field 2013.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 112
Since we have read that the bones were scattered I wonder if it is like in Caylee's case and they are trying to piece the bones back together and have missing pieces and are telling the investigators which bones are missing. The investigators could be searching for more remains. Didn't it take 3 weeks when they searched for as much of Caylee as they could find?:(

Although I don't think this is a long period of time especially in the condition she was found in. Didn't it take four days for them to announce it was Morgan when she was found?

I wonder if it's so complicated because they are finding extra bones/ another set and having to sort them out. Horrible thought, but I think if the body had been found intact as the Chesterfield searcher described, they would nearly be finished with their search, especially with all the many police there combing the area.

I can't find any articles regarding DNA but I did find some articles regarding dental records. The announcements were made the following day.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WWBT) - Using dental records, investigators confirmed today what her family already suspected, the remains found yesterday belong to missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington who disappeared in October. A farmer discovered the skeletal remains while checking fences on his 700 acre property in southern Albemarle County. For police, this shifts the investigation from a missing person case to a homicide.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/11887685/update-body-found-on-farm-confirmed-as-morgan-harrington

Morgan Harrington's skeletal remains were found Tuesday on an isolated, 700-acre cattle farm about 10 miles outside of Charlottesville.
Investigators said Wednesday the confirmation was based on dental records provided by Harrington's family.
http://www.wric.com/story/11882052/missing-vt-students-remains-identified

I haven't really paid much attention to possible other victims, but if it were one of them would their pants still be near them? I'd think that if it were someone who had been missing for a year or more, that the pants would have had a higher probability of being washed away during a snow melt or bad storm where the water levels would have transformed a dry creek bed into as swift running creek.

A bit OT, but I really, really wish there was a forum with a summarized version of the day's events. Like a lot of us, I've been on WS much more than normal and have realized I need to focus a bit more on living my life instead of trying the sleuth as much as I have been. Is there a daily summary feed anywhere? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay