Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching for a post from last week or so (don't remember which member posted it, and I'm not sure if it was on the thread that was shut down). I believe the person was local and mentioned getting ID'ed when they went to a dumpster. Does anyone know how close that dumpster was in relation to where they found the body?

That was me and I was ID'ed in Rockbridge county. An hour away from Cville.

I guess it could be the top of a septic tank? Wonder where the septic field is?

Usually septic fields are downhill, but you never know -- my last house had them uphill and we have to have a pump from a holding tank that was near the house!!

This is Web Sleuths, becoming fixated on certain details is what we do. To tell me or anyone else here were off base is more than a little presumptuous IMO.

We all have different perspectives, as well as different life-experiences, and various strengths and weaknesses that we contribute in our own way.

Thats whats great about this community.

Perhaps my wording was a little harsh, my apologies. However I live in this area and am familiar with the terminology used to describe our various terrain anomalies, IE dry creek beds and how they are in local terrain.

I agree, WS is amazing brain collective, that's why I joined in the first place when I was involved with the Alexis Murphy case. I prefer not to be verified as to who I am or who I work for because I am not the press or public liaison and it could carry repercussions if I was quoted as such. Sometimes I have tried to assist people in focusing their efforts on other facts, perhaps that it wrong but there are times I can't just come out and say "That's wrong because the evidence shows this..."

Now that I have seemed to annoy quite a few people this morning with my words, I think it is time for me to take a break from WS. Best wishes to all and thank you for the time you do spend in trying to find that one thing, no matter how small, that may be of assistance in getting justice for those who have no voice.

Here is a 2009 dated Google photo that clearly shows the creek bed... I have placed a white marker line just below the ravine...

According to recent information, that is not the creek bed where the remains were located.

I'm sure they will send them eventually. Right now they don't want to move anything at all without thoroughly examining every square inch around every piece of bone. :(

Wouldn't the ME need as many bones as possible for the autopsy? Sending just the skull would make sense for ID, but doesn't sit well for an autopsy if more remains are available. JMO

I too am a fighter for victims rights, Foxfire. In my professional life, I work with multiple agencies to put these types of predatory criminals behind bars, in my private life, I am VERY active with HSTNG and keeping the local missing in this area in the public's eye. However, trying to blame LE agencies for JLMs actions was off base. If you want to get into finger pointing, why not blame the ones who didn't pursue charges while you are at it?

The strategy of silence and keeping most evidence out of the public eye is a prosecution strategy to ensure that not only are the victim's rights protected, but (unfortunately in this case) also the accused. Limiting the release of information works very well to get justice. While we may be in a communications era now, the general public has no right to access to any evidence in an active investigation at this stage.

<BBMfor Focus>

RE: If you want to get into finger pointing, why not blame the ones who didn't pursue charges while you are at it?

Hillbilly, the ones who didn't pursue charges included the rape victims.. I never ever, ever blame or second guess the innocent victims..
Respectfully disagree, Hillbilly.. Limiting the release of information by LEAs and the Justice System is the catalyst and enabler for the silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons across the US..jmo

It could be a tornado shelter like a previous poster suggested (bunker).

Could be...... but I live in this area and based on other homes around , especially those in rural areas without access to county water, this looks like a well to me.

Theyre almost always located at the front of the house here for easy water hookup and occasional maintenance.

On a Sunday drive in the country in Virginia I bet you could count 50-100 houses with a the well out front.......easily.

well.jpg

I'm sure they will send them eventually. Right now they don't want to move anything at all without thoroughly examining every square inch around every piece of bone. :(

I guess it is possible that the skull was just sent to the ME. Perhaps it could not be moved until now bc of the active crime scene?

Per CNN Ashley Banfield...... The skull has been sent to ME's office in Richmond. The rest of the skeletal remains are still at the scene...... Once the rest of skelton is removed, they will begin collecting dirt samples....this will help determine if JM is connected to the site....searchers looking for possible remains of other victims....Dr. 'G' ? ME from FL ? (sorry I didn't catch it all)....says the skull is probably being sent to get confirmation of dental records. (I think Dr G, ME was the ME in Caylee's case...her voice is very familiar)

Dear God I hate typing this! Please give strength and peace to Hannah's family.

I LOVE DR G!! I watch her show all the time.

I too am a fighter for victims rights, Foxfire. In my professional life, I work with multiple agencies to put these types of predatory criminals behind bars, in my private life, I am VERY active with HSTNG and keeping the local missing in this area in the public's eye. However, trying to blame LE agencies for JLMs actions was off base. If you want to get into finger pointing, why not blame the ones who didn't pursue charges while you are at it?

The strategy of silence and keeping most evidence out of the public eye is a prosecution strategy to ensure that not only are the victim's rights protected, but (unfortunately in this case) also the accused. Limiting the release of information works very well to get justice. While we may be in a communications era now, the general public has no right to access to any evidence in an active investigation at this stage.

Thank you so much for that. There is far too much disdain for LE in general and some posts become repetitive in their obvious agenda to criticize case after case. I am not singling out one person, it is a common occurrence in news stories accompanied by comments, on this board and many others. the Morbid Curiosity for details is not what 'sleuthing' is about IMO

And BBTW thanks for the work you do.

Marlena Baldacci &#8207;@MarlenaCNN 26m26 minutes ago

Skeletal remains found in search for #HannahGraham still at crime scene, after they've been removed, investigators will dig for more #CNN
Did you guys see this? I've been trying to figure out how to link to tweets like popsicle does...ill figure it out I guess...lol..but sounds like they think there will be more there....I'm assuming other victims, otherwise wouldn't that be stated differently?

Could be...... but I live in this area and based on other homes around , especially those in rural areas without access to county water, this looks like a well to me.

Theyre almost always located at the front of the house here for easy water hookup and occasional maintenance.

A spring house possibly??

Now that I have seemed to annoy quite a few people this morning with my words, I think it is time for me to take a break from WS. Best wishes to all and thank you for the time you do spend in trying to find that one thing, no matter how small, that may be of assistance in getting justice for those who have no voice.

Aw, Hillbilly, I annoy people here all the time with my words but I keep coming back! Don't be gone long. :)

Wow. If it's a dumping ground, this case takes on a whole other dimension. It also might wrap up several missing persons cases in the area. IMO

Hard to tell exactly what it is but it is low on the ground yes, do they have underground bunkers in that area? Here is a screen shot from streetview.

View attachment 61895

ETA: Whatever the white/metal square object is, I agree it is definitely next to a tree stump.

Thanks, looking again I now think it is a spring house or a well as someone posted.

Perhaps my wording was a little harsh, my apologies. However I live in this area and am familiar with the terminology used to describe our various terrain anomalies, IE dry creek beds and how they are in local terrain.

I agree, WS is amazing brain collective, that's why I joined in the first place when I was involved with the Alexis Murphy case. I prefer not to be verified as to who I am or who I work for because I am not the press or public liaison and it could carry repercussions if I was quoted as such. Sometimes I have tried to assist people in focusing their efforts on other facts, perhaps that it wrong but there are times I can't just come out and say "That's wrong because the evidence shows this..."

FWIW, I wasn't personally offended and I thought your comment about an insurance adjuster was funny. Then again, I haven't been posting here very long. Then again, a creek bed or dry creek beds are pretty much the same no matter where one lives. My WS name indicates some of the places I have lived and a creek is a creek is a creek, so to speak!

On a Sunday drive in the country in Virginia I bet you could count 50-100 houses with a the well out front.......easily.

View attachment 61900

pretty sure that is a sewer access.

Well would need a small above ground area for a tank and pump. Usually folks use a small pumphouse or a faux boulder for such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez