Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think LE would only take the skull???!!

That's what has been reported that the medical examiners have the skull and the remains are still at the scene. I can't find a link right now, it's a page or so back. Sorry

Hi Isabelle, IMO they took the skull to Richmond to expedite dental forensics for identification. LE is mapping and gridding the area before the rest of the remains are removed.

LE did this at the Caylee remains site and it was fascinating to watch. It was like watching an archeological dig in real time....sad to say. JMO

pretty sure that is a sewer access.

Well would need a small above ground area for a tank and pump. Usually folks use a small pumphouse or a faux boulder for such.
They have submersible pumps which eliminate the need for those in some cases. Not that it matters.

I feel strangely proud of deciphering "Illinois, Oklahoma, Alabama." At least I have successfully sleuthed something today. Don't tell me if I am wrong, please.
haha.I too spent a few minutes sleuthing that.
It was stated by CNN that they only removed the skull. I'm thinking it's because there are more bones then there should be. JMO In other words there may be more bodies there, but if that's true where are the other skulls?

Maybe just in case it is not Hannah ,they are saving the scene for whoever was in charge of whoever it may be cases? A just in case cover your bases kinda thing?

I took this to be that they want to see if anything sank into the ground below the skeleton. But I could be completely wrong! Thinking out loud.
Nope. You're correct. <bbm>

Has the body been moved after death?

After death, a succession of fungi, bacteria and animals will colonize the dead body. The substrate on which the body is lying will also change over time. Leakage of fluids from the dead body will lead to the disappearance of certain insects, and other insects will increase as the time goes. A forensic entomologist can then look for how long the body has been there by looking at the fauna at the body, and also estimate the time the body has been lying there by sampling soil insects underneath the dead body. If there is a difference in the estimates, and the analysis of the soil suggests a short PMI, and the analysis of the body fauna suggests a longer PMI, one can suspect that the body has been moved. One can also see that a body has been lying at a particular place long time after the body has been removed, both by botanical means, and by analysis of the soil fauna.
http://www.cienciaforense.com/pages/entomology/overview.htm

[...]

Soils are often divided into naturally-occurring stratigraphic layers, also known as strata, distinguished by their colour, texture, grain size, and components. The uppermost layer of soil, known as the topsoil, often contains a larger amount of organic matter, giving it a darker appearance compared to the lower subsoils. During an archaeological excavation, a single strata is removed at a time, ensuring that evidence from different levels are not mixed. The general rule would state that objects within the same strata are of the same relative age, therefore combining artefacts found at different levels could compromise the establishing of a timeline. By studying these stratigraphic layers closely, it may be possible to determine if a site has been disturbed, such as if an older layer has been mixed with a more recent layer. A number of occurrences can result in these layers being mixed, including animal activities, uprooted vegetation, campfires and, most importantly, burials.
http://forensicsciencecentral.co.uk/archaeology.shtml
[...]

Interestingly, microbial activity and biomass were observed to be higher in the control soil, this was ascribed to the inert character of adipocere. Indeed, under near anoxic to anoxic conditions degraded adipose tissue may exist indefinitely as adipocere [26&#8211;29] requiring the presence of grampositive bacteria and oxygen for further degradation and eventual mineralization (complete conversion of organic matter to simple substrates such as H2O, CO2, NO3 &#8722; etc.) to occur [30].

This study was instigated to assess soils suspected of having comprised a temporary grave being inspected as part of a missing persons investigation. White particulate matter, intimately mixed with some of the soil, had been morphologically identified as adipocere and mtDNA analysis conducted on a sample of the particulate matter had established a maternal link to a relative of the missing person (Metropolitan Police Service, personal communication).
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0095107

OMG. It's Waldo again. What's the date on THAT one?

I've been counting the number of orange cars around lately. Not many. And I haven't seen any of that shade.

If this turns out to be JM's dumping grounds, I suspect he visited the area often. :sick:

Could JM be cooperating with the police, and that is why it appears the police are thinking it is a dumping ground? Does the defendant have to go with the police to the actual site, or can he give them some idea where bodies or items may be buried, and they keep him in his cell?

I highly doubt that..he wouldn't have anything to gain by telling LE he has more victims there that's just more charges against him..and he surely wouldn't tell them out of the kindness of his pathetic heart..jmo

Ammonett Branch, a tributary of the Hardware River, flows under Plank Road less than two miles from where it crosses the Old Lynchburg Road property where human remains were found on Saturday, October 18. Photo: Graelyn Brashear

http://www.c-ville.com/discovery-remains-new-charges-jesse-matthew-offer-hope-closure/#.VEapovnF9sm

From Calico's link above (Thanks Calico66)

It's beautiful country.
I shall hold onto the image of Mother Earth and Nature's Spirit holding Hannah in their loving arms, until she is returned home to her family.

I highly doubt that..he wouldn't have anything to gain by telling LE he has more victims there that's just more charges against him..and he surely wouldn't tell them out of the kindness of his pathetic heart..jmo

Repeating my post from 9:06 this morning re JM cooperating:

I've copied this post from the "Fairfax Rape" thread, but thought posters on this thread would be interested in this as well:

Was listening to CNN "New Day" on Sirius XM Radio on the way to work this morning (between 7:00 and 7:15, I think), Alisyn Camerota speaking about the Fairfax charges, stated that Jesse Matthew is "cooperating with the investigation."

www.cnn.com/go/

This is the first I've heard of JM cooperating with anyone.

If you have CNN on cable or satellite, you can register for CNN Go and watch today's programming online.

My apologies if this has already been covered here this morning. I can't take the time to catch up with posts right now.

It's beautiful country.
I shall hold onto the image of Mother Earth and Nature's Spirit holding Hannah in their loving arms, until she is returned home to her family.

Yes, gorgeous country. Such a peaceful area to be. I take comfort in the fact that even if her last moments were pain and panic filled, at least once he was done and had left she was surrounded by the peace and the beauty of the land, cradling her safely til she could be found and returned to her loved ones.

Doubt it.

He would be wise to cooperate at this point, in Hannah's case to avoid the DP, possibly. He will be nailed for the Fairfax case, I tend to think, because the victim/witness is reportedly cooperating, and after 9 years there is probably a lot of evidence besides DNA. JMO

I've been counting the number of orange cars around lately. Not many. And I haven't seen any of that shade.

Please help me. When I google this, I see a park but no orange car.

He would be wise to cooperate at this point, in Hannah's case to avoid the DP, possibly. He will be nailed for the Fairfax case, I tend to think, because the victim/witness is reportedly cooperating, and after 9 years there is probably a lot of evidence besides DNA. JMO

IMO, the prosecutors aren't going to offer him such a bargain at this point.

Repeating my post from 9:06 this morning re JM cooperating:

I've copied this post from the "Fairfax Rape" thread, but thought posters on this thread would be interested in this as well:

Was listening to CNN "New Day" on Sirius XM Radio on the way to work this morning (between 7:00 and 7:15, I think), Alisyn Camerota speaking about the Fairfax charges, stated that Jesse Matthew is "cooperating with the investigation."

www.cnn.com/go/

This is the first I've heard of JM cooperating with anyone.

If you have CNN on cable or satellite, you can register for CNN Go and watch today's programming online.

My apologies if this has already been covered here this morning. I can't take the time to catch up with posts right now.

BBM I have heard it reported that he is cooperating with jail staff, complying with rules etc, but no, had not heard anything about him cooperating with investigators.

Put it in google maps then go to earth view.

Thanks. Strangely, when I put it right into Google search, it takes me to a Google map of Walnut Creek Park's parking lot. It didn't work until I went into Google Maps first.

Watching the video at that link (ariel views from a helicopter) Is that old? It shows the command center at the entrance to Walnut Creek Park before it moved to the beach location. I am still curious about this bit, and nothing has been said about it. There was crime scene tape at the side of the road into the woods, the helicopter panned to the woods and I think you could just make out people in the woods but not sure. I took a few screen shots of the video to highlight what I am referring to. What, if anything was going on there? Is it still?

View attachment 61918 View attachment 61919 View attachment 61920

The third photo that shows the white object in the wooded area would be close to the branch that is dry. Good eye

I'm confused, what are you all seeing at those coordinates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth