Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the cops are playing the two (JM and RAT) against each other? Or is that just a tactic used in police movies. They could be telling JM "hey, RAT knows you're involved and is asking us to investigate YOU in the AM murder. Saying HE's innocent. He's throwing you under the bus." Maybe that cracked JM's shell. If he angers easily, he might not be able to control himself when he wants to defend himself and might spit out some useful info in one of his fits of rage. Maybe he blurted out something like "what? That (*$%$%! He knows damn well that HE's the one that killed her..." This gives the cops all they need to know - that JM was there and that JM knows what happened to AM.

Does that make sense? Rile up JM by bringing up his possible connection to RAT but bringing it up as if it's fact to make him think they have evidence to link him to the AM case and other murders.

I think if anything will get JM to talk it's the fear of the death penalty, consider that he was on the run and knew all of this was coming down and he didn't even threaten to harm himself (that we know of). Another point, has he been on suicide watch while in jail?

So here are my crazy brainstorm theories:

1. JM is talking.

2. RAT is talking, because he and JM were in on it together, and he knows that if AM is found, JM's DNA will also be found, and all sorts of doubt will be cast on his conviction.

3. RAT is talking, even though JM had NOTHING to do with AM, because he thinks that this is an opportunity to cast doubt on his own conviction by blaming it on someone else (not really sure how he could defend knowing where body is).

4. This one is a big stretch, but still: Perhaps RAT is talking simply because the combination of the Indiana serial killer and JM is taking the spotlight away from him, and he has a depraved need for attention.

5. All the media attention caused tips to be phoned in that suggest a place to search for AM and SC, even though it is unrelated to JLM.

i've never thought the two were related but this can't just be a coincidence to announce this right now.

I believe the plan was always to resume searching when the leaves came off the trees thereby making searching in this area so much easier. Her killer is in prison for life so while there is a need for closure, the need in terms of evidence for a conviction was not urgent. And for what it is worth, I see Randy Taylor and Jesse Matthew as two very different types of predators/killers and I don't see them working together as some have speculated. jmo

<rant>
Although I don't mean to imply any criticism of local LE and Chief Longo, for whom I have the deepest respect, I wish that the search-and-rescue operation for HG hadn't adopted the 8-mile-radius restriction, based on statistical evidence. Especially considering the forensic evidence linking JLM to MH, whose body was discovered (I believe) 12 miles south of town, there were good grounds to believe that the killer would have repeated his MO... and, as was repeatedly and intelligently discussed on WS, JLM was intimately familiar with the Old Lynchburg Road/Red Hill area. Moreover, WS members familiar with the area intelligently speculated that the killer would choose darkly-lit, 2-lane exit routes south or west of town... and make full use of his outdoorsman/fishing background and interests to find secluded sites. Among the exit routes identified was Old Lynchburg Road... Had LE adopted a SAR strategy in line with the suspected killer's profile, as was intelligently and thoroughly discussed here, the body might have been discovered before crucial evidence was lost...
</rant>

Ahhh.. feels good to get this off my chest!

I think if anything will get JM to talk it's the fear of the death penalty, consider that he was on the run and knew all of this was coming down and he didn't even threaten to harm himself (that we know of). Another point, has he been on suicide watch while in jail?

I believe he has been. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread there is no toilet in JLMs cell. (believe it or not prisoners have plugged them up and drowned themselves in one)

I believe the plan was always to resume searching when the leaves came off the trees thereby making searching in this area so much easier. Her killer is in prison for life so while there is a need for closure, the need in terms of evidence for a conviction was not urgent. And for what it is worth, I see Randy Taylor and Jesse Matthew as two very different types of predators/killers and I don't see them working together as some have speculated. jmo

While the woods do get "thinner" in fall and winter, it is because the leaves are on the ground, which in the end would make it even harder to find bones on the ground.

I agree 110% percent with this it just caught me off guard the way it was announced. I don't think they are related.

I don't understand why JL would be talking. What would he say, "I'll tell you about all these other murders if you don't indict me on any of them?"

<rant>
Although I don't mean to imply any criticism of local LE and Chief Longo, for whom I have the deepest respect, I wish that the search-and-rescue operation for HG hadn't adopted the 8-mile-radius restriction, based on statistical evidence. Especially considering the forensic evidence linking JLM to MH, whose body was discovered (I believe) 12 miles south of town, there were good grounds to believe that the killer would have repeated his MO... and, as was repeatedly and intelligently discussed on WS, JLM was intimately familiar with the Old Lynchburg Road/Red Hill area. Moreover, WS members familiar with the area intelligently speculated that the killer would choose darkly-lit, 2-lane exit routes south or west of town... and make full use of his outdoorsman/fishing background and interests to find secluded sites. Among the exit routes identified was Old Lynchburg Road... Had LE adopted a SAR strategy in line with the suspected killer's profile, as was intelligently and thoroughly discussed here, the body might have been discovered before crucial evidence was lost...
</rant>

I suppose they could have done 8 mile circles from where HG was seen and where MH was found.

In the end, they found her. I'm just sad they didn't get tons of evidence, COD, forensics, toxicology etc

I believe he has been. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread there is no toilet in JLMs cell. (believe it or not prisoners have plugged them up and drowned themselves in one)

I think CNN is getting things confused as they have done a lot with this case imo. Parker Slaybaugh said today or last night that Jesse Matthew is cooperative with the staff at the jail. He does have a toilet in his cell. He is allowed 1 hour out each day to exercise and shower. If you go to his Facebook page, you can see the exact wording. I think that CNN is sloppy and takes what local reporters are saying and turns them into a bad game of telephone. But maybe they have a scoop, I don't know. I just doubt it:)

The toilet fiasco was cleared up by Parker Slaybaugh yesterday. He does have a toilet in his cell. :)

I'm pretty sure I read that he does have a toilet and he's been cooperative while in jail. He's in solitary with one hour a day for work out and shower.

<rant>
</rant>

the fact that they found her at all means they are way ahead of the game. Plus they have been doing a lot of searching in southern ABL county all along its just trying to find a needle in a haystack. I figured she would probably never be found.

Some have speculated this primarily because RAT's own attorney has requested DNA testing on JM.

I don't understand why JL would be talking. What would he say, "I'll tell you about all these other murders if you don't indict me on any of them?"

Va is a death penalty state.

Someone else pointed out very astutely that he didnt try to kill himself while on the run from LE.

He also didnt confront them with a gun.

This mean he places a high value on his own life at least.

Maybe now that hes had plenty of time to think about things hes started to get worried.....and he should be IMO.

If LE can prove that he murdered MH and HG then I'll bet you any amount of money that hes executed....regardless of any plea deals or cooperation on his part.

LE are people, just like us. And you can bet if someone from LE is acting like JLMs friend inside of jail its not from any fellow feeling or sense of camaraderie.

Its to get him to talk....in any way possible.

Yeah, right now JM would be stupid to talk since there aren't any murder charges on him regarding HG or MH. I could see AM's family pressuring Nelson County for more searches since c-ville really threw everything possible at this search and, hopefully, have found HG. Then again, it's also interesting that yesterday the nelson county attnys said they were still waiting for DNA testing and then this search info released today...

I suppose they could have done 8 mile circles from where HG was seen and where MH was found.

In the end, they found her. I'm just sad they didn't get tons of evidence, COD, forensics, toxicology etc

How do we know they didn't get tons of evidence? I think just the opposite--the reason they are spending so much time not telling us anything is because they have hit some sort of unexpected jackpot. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RSC View Post
So here are my crazy brainstorm theories:

1. JM is talking.

2. RAT is talking, because he and JM were in on it together, and he knows that if AM is found, JM's DNA will also be found, and all sorts of doubt will be cast on his conviction.

3. RAT is talking, even though JM had NOTHING to do with AM, because he thinks that this is an opportunity to cast doubt on his own conviction by blaming it on someone else (not really sure how he could defend knowing where body is).

4. This one is a big stretch, but still: Perhaps RAT is talking simply because the combination of the Indiana serial killer and JM is taking the spotlight away from him, and he has a depraved need for attention.

5. All the media attention caused tips to be phoned in that suggest a place to search for AM and SC, even though it is unrelated to JLM.

6. They have found a DNA or forensic link to JM and AM
7. They have found a DNA or forensic link to AM and HG (tentative) site where she has been found (possibly even a body part...?)
8. Defense attorneys are doing something (pinning these criminals against each other) that will hopefully cast "doubt" to a jury pool
9. LE wants to re-search for AM...just because it is the right thing to do

JMO of course...

anyway because as posted up thread "le sources" are leaking that the remains are hannahs I think it's pretty much a sure thing IDK why they are not announcing it at this time who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876