Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems strange to me that JM would dispose of a body so close to the road...given his reported knowledge of the area, it would seem that he would have found a place a little more discreet than where the remains are said to have been found.

It's being discussed in the Fairfax thread, but here's your answer:

Judge issues warrant to transfer Jesse Matthew to Fairfax County to face sexual assault charges

Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Ray Morrogh said in court Thursday that James Camblos, the attorney representing Matthew in Graham’s case, wants to be appointed by the court to represent him here as well.

Morrogh said after the hearing that it could take a week before Matthew is transported to Fairfax County.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...c67_story.html

I wonder if the court has to appoint Camblos, or if they can pick anyone? Wonder if they are hoping that moving forward quickly with a different attorney on the fairfax case will somehow open the door up to more information from the defendant himself?

I was told by my SAR friend that the HR dogs are indiscriminate, but the air scent dogs are specific to the person they are tracking.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are dive teams out? Looking up how deep the lake is there.....

It seems strange to me that JM would dispose of a body so close to the road...given his reported knowledge of the area, it would seem that he would have found a place a little more discreet than where the remains are said to have been found.

If they're old - years old - they probably weren't there a year ago. The pants probably weren't that close a few weeks ago either. Or he was careless. Or bold.

I was told by my SAR friend that the HR dogs are indiscriminate, but the air scent dogs are specific to the person they are tracking.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are dive teams out? Looking up how deep the lake is there.....

I think, too, it's far too late for a scent of anyone living to be around, even on clothing. They'd have to be HRD dogs at this point, which will find anything supposedly up to 35 years old and 8 feet deep.

I think he got sloppy and started thinking he was invincible. Look how long he's been at it, yet not once did he get in trouble. He went undetected for what I believe to be a a very long decade, even after being accused of rape.

To be fair--I think that when HG disappeared, two key things factored in to the aggressive search:
1. The video. They had their suspect very quickly, and wanted to get him off the streets.
2. They suspected instantly that this was a serial killer, and tied to MH (and thus 2005 fairfax). With SC, I think they have been fairly confident that the perpetrator (RAT) is behind bars.

When HG disappeared, FBI was here IMMEDIATELY. FBI doesn't show up for every missing persons case. I think HG fit the target description of the existing profile(s) they had for MH, and 2005 Fairfax.

When HG disappeared, FBI was here IMMEDIATELY. FBI doesn't show up for every missing persons case. I think HG fit the target description of the existing profile(s) they had for MH, and 2005 Fairfax.

Is that Terrance and Philip? lol

I saw this article yesterday and wonder if this isn't the reason the skull was sent for testing (I just brought over the most relevant bit of info):

"Thirteen individuals' worth of DNA might not sound like a lot, but Bradley and his colleagues were able to pull an unprecedented amount of information from their remains. By using the densest bone in the human body (one found in the inner ear) they were able to recover from 40 to 87 percent of each individual's genetic information –compared to the 1 percent that most bone samples yield."

Full article to be found here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nt-for-the-first-4000-years-they-made-cheese/

Since LE/ME have a skull, even if all the teeth were missing it would seem that the bone (petrous) referred to in this article would be present and surely they could extract enough DNA from it. Then again, would the information about this bone be commonly known to ME's?

If these remains aren't HG I wonder who they belong to? I'm having some doubt they are because of the advanced stage of being skeleton and no ME ID yet, seems odd to me. If not her than who? Someone who was associated with renter there?? Maybe possible JM had nothing to do with that skeleton behind the house if not HG. I thought for sure this was her after Longo announced the find. I know it's protocol to let HG parents know a body was found during search whether HG or not.

I concur that I couldn't imagine him putting that much effort into it. However, after knowing his DNA was with MH, perhaps he thought he should do more to protect himself, and not being able to forensically link him to a crime scene or id a victim via use of an decomp accelerant and removing identifying features such as teeth could have been what he was thinking. Makes me think of poor Jasmine Fiore.

I discovered WS with this case and am so impressed with all the ideas and information -- only wish I'd known about it sooner!! The above suggestion makes me want to know what people think about the likelihood that JM actually researched and studied other SKs. I know the general concensus is that he's not that bright but I've never actually bought into that. And just the little "true crime" reading I've done makes it clear that ideas about how to perform gruesome deeds and cover them up are abundantly available in books and online. Surely LE could get ideas about what he knows from his computer searches.

If these remains aren't HG I wonder who they belong to? I'm having some doubt they are because of the advanced stage of being skeleton and no ME ID yet, seems odd to me. If not her than who? Someone who was associated with renter there?? Maybe possible JM had nothing to do with that skeleton behind the house if not HG. I thought for sure this was her after Longo announced the find. I know it's protocol to let HG parents know a body was found during search whether HG or not.

Maybe the remains are of Alex Murphy ? .

Why the skull is important:

IIRC, a poster here indicated earlier that the bone that protects the inner ear is often valuable as a source of "testable" DNA for a longer time than other sites in a body.

Sorry I cannot now provide a link, but perhaps someone else remembers the post?

TIA.

All the talk of possibly more than one set of remains and the mention of vultures being seen there on two occasions in October makes me wonder whether the vultures hang out there because of frequent easy meals. Ick.

I have no idea, so I'm asking about the teeth. With all the talk about vultures, and I'm sure other birds and animals, if it is true there were no teeth, is it possible the teeth were taken by vultures. I'm not sure how to say this without sounding horrible, the way vultures attack, could teeth be pulled out by them? I have this terrible picture in my head, I never knew exactly what vultures do until reading it on here, very disturbing.

Doubtful, imo I few months back my hubby found a recently dead coyote, he left it in an area that did not have people traffic and when he went back about 3-4 weeks later for brought home the skeletal skull, it was picked clean except for small amount of connective tissue.

The prosecutor charged for the robbery and kidnapping, leaving the assault as a back up charge. This was just after the VA Truth in Sentencing laws went into effect;

[...]

so he held back on the assault charges so the bad guy could be charged near the end of the statute of limitations should it look like he would not be serving much time.

this is smart and I think some what common!

I wonder if the family is waiting as we are, or do they know more. I can't imagine starting the true grieving process only to be told it's not her. The family has been quiet, and it makes me wonder what they have been told. Just so horrible.

All the talk of possibly more than one set of remains and the mention of vultures being seen there on two occasions in October makes me wonder whether the vultures hang out there because of frequent easy meals. Ick.

Just saw on Hawes Spencer's twitter, a convo b/w him and Coy Barefoot, there were TWO calls to the tipline from TWO separate people about the buzzards at 3193 O.L. Road - one on 9/30 and the second 10/6. Wow. Makes me believe even more that it's her. If buzzards had over a week, I can't even type the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove