Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all of that and the road will supposedly reopen tomorrow....
To me, it's all getting wrapped up today..this section of the tragedy. Hopefully they have official confirmation and can release it , open the road and move forward with the case against this scum and so those poor parents can catch their breath for a few seconds without being bombared with reports every five seconds. No need to drag everything out even more. I hope for them, this can be done today.

and...um...what is BBM? :)

It means Bolded By Me :)

We are just speculating about teeth.
Personally, I can't imagine teeth being gone
Very old skulls are found with teeth intact

We are being told only what LE wants us to know

JMO

So many OT posts that are great are going to be removed

It is interesting then that JM did feel remorse after he lost his temper and hit someone in the face over a driving incident. The man involved, stated:

Wilke contends that no sooner had the violence ended that his aggressor suddenly became contrite and remorseful. And Matthew returned the phone and drove him to the hospital, where, Wilke says, he received two stitches to close a cut on the inside of his lip.

Matthew allegedly told Wilke that he had been feeling angry about getting stiffed by two fares that night and that he was sorry for what he'd done.

"He seemed depressed, maybe even suicidal," says Wilke, who says he felt sympathy for his alleged attacker.

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

Maybe that was just a fluke?
More likely just an act. He couldn't afford to get in trouble.

How do you link them like that?

I am not sure. I simply copy and paste which I assume you are doing as well. I think it may be a difference in how we have our personal settings selected here at WS. There are several different options in your settings which dictate how your posts appear and are formatted. Must be something I have set differently. POssibly it matters too what type device you are using. I am on the laptop.

Sorry for OT

I am thinking an ID confirmation is coming possibly later today. I hope it is.

I expect LE has gone through the site with a fine tooth comb. looking for anything that pertains to Hannah
That"s why it is all taking so much time

I wonder if they feel this person was murdered at this site or dumped there after?

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m3 minutes ago

Law enforcement source says Old Lynchburg Rd likely to reopen this afternoon. #HannahGraham #JesseMatthew @wusa9
Embedded image permalink It didn't work. I'm trying to figure it out. :(

And then there is this

Thoughts?

The parents "just wanted to go to the site"? I think LE, or the media, are treating us like idiots. If they want to play games with suspects, can't they do that in private????????

I agree with TheBunk.

He was remorseful because that is what the situation required to keep his DNA from being taken. IIRC it was when the guy got his phone out to call the police that JLM basically flipped and punched him to get the phone out of his way. Almost like the word police was a trigger and he just snapped.

I really wasn't convinced that they had found Hannah, but now I am. I really hope they found other remains too though, so that some other families can finally get some kind of resolution.

While we're all waiting -- this conversation is moving/some has moved, over to the JLM What We Know About Him thread...

Ok, with regards to the Sgt. estimating that the remains belonged to a tall person because it was a long vertebral column; I study human anatomy quite extensively so I decided to dig into this a little and here is forensic anthropology article:

http://www.academia.edu/4236948/Formulae_for_Estimating_Skeletal_Height_in_Modern_South-East_Asians

Now, I don't expect everyone to actually want to read through this(boring!) but in it it say " upper limb bones and trunk(vertebral column) are less preferable predictors of skeletal height in females"

So basically I don't think this officer has any kind of authority to be making these assumptions. He has no idea what the spine of a 5'11 female would look like. It is very variable as many of you have been stating. But it keeps getting brought up so I figured I would weigh in.

While I am on this topic I would just like to add that I am very skeptical of that entire interview. There is no way, under normal circumstances, an interview like that would be allowed during an open investigation. ESPECIALLY after what Longo had stated just a few hours earlier that there would be no answering of questions in the near future. I do not think that officer would be that stupid as he seemed to be a very intelligent well spoken professional. I think they allowed him to do this, maybe even was under orders to give the interview. I think LE is speaking to someone through the media, and has been since the beginning. But who could it possibly be?

IMO

Is the video interview still available online? I couldn't find it which I found suspicious.

I have been a bit confused as to why the ID of the remains is taking this long. There was an article out this morning about the guy who called in a tip of seeing 30 buzzards at the home where the remains were found. I then researched buzzards and human decomposition only to find an article discussing the rate the buzzards can consume a human body. They can consume a human body in 5 hours leaving only the skeleton. Here's the article: http://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.c...oes-it-take-for-vultures-to-eat-a-human-body/

I do not believe in the death penalty but as a woman, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, etc. if this was the way my loved one was left, I would really have to lean on God and not my own understanding. Whoever, did this to this child should never see the light of day and I mean that literally not figuratively.

I can't stop crying. This is awful!

TriniEsq, there are many, many here who share what you're feeling. Sometimes I think it's easy for us to get caught up in the mystery/whodunit/puzzle-solving aspects, which is needed and understandable, but for a lot of us, moments frequently emerge that remind us of the absolute, unadulterated, all-consuming terror and grief that has come from each and every one of these missing girl cases. And then I look at the breadth of ALL of the topics and cases on this board, and it becomes overwhelming and mind-boggling.

I tend to agree with you about the death penalty, but rest assured, dear heart: there will be a reckoning...there WILL be an accounting, if not in this world, then in the next. May God bless these victims and their families, and yes, also the innocent families of the perpetrators. And may God bless the wonderful people on this site who somehow push forward through the horror in the interest of finding the truth, and some modicum of justice for these precious girls.

So many OT posts that are great are going to be removed

I agree Dushi!

Since there are so many newbies here - just want to make sure that you all understand how the Off Topic posts can be removed. Since we have a dedicated forum for Hannah, all of the different topics have been split off into different threads. At the top of the page you will see blue lettering - click on the Hannah Graham then look for the topic you want to discuss (ie: what do we know about him, etc). Post your thoughts in the appropriate topic thread and you won't get in trouble or have your post removed. Our MODS are doing their best with all of the hot cases so if you can copy and paste your own post into the appropriate thread and then come back and edit here to remove it from this one it would be so helpful! Welcome to WS!

P.S. - I am not a MOD but just trying to help out.

I'm confused by your comment, you say "did in fact" but then you end that same thought with JMO?

@HenryGraff: JUST IN: police say scene at Old Lynchburg Road is now back open.

Henry Graff @HenryGraff · 4m 4 minutes ago

JUST IN: police say scene at Old Lynchburg Road is now back open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand