Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read that the owner had been renting the home, but it wasn't currently rented. I wonder if JLM had known any former renters of that house, if he had been to that property at some point prior?

Do we know where JM was moving to?

Do we know where JM was moving to?

Excellent point!

JLM could have become aware of the house in searching for a new place to live. He could have seen the listing somewhere or even have been told about it by family or friends.

Given the closeness of his mothers house, Im guessing it was the latter.

He would have also had plenty of opportunity to stop and look at the property and a good excuse if someone asked him why he was there.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 6m6 minutes ago
Eerie first look at abandoned home where police found body in #HannahGraham case. @wusa9 #jessematthew

View attachment 62181

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m3 minutes ago
Not sure who will buy abandoned home now where police found body in #HannahGraham search. @wusa9. #jessematthew

View attachment 62180

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m3 minutes ago
Cemetery right next door to abandoned home where police found body. #hannahGraham #jessematthew. @wusa9

View attachment 62179

https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan

Yikes! Foxfire, there's your cemetery! I had said I didn't think the remains would be found in a family plot, (guess technically, that's true), but the whole "comfort zone/place of emotional connection" thing seems to be playing out more than I first imagined it would!

If this turns out to be Hannah, I don't think that it is coincidence that she was found in or around Walnut Creek Park. In the few days before the body was found, LE made several changes to the "search" techniques. They scaled back the search for 2 days to redirect the focus, implemented professionals instead of public searchers, engaged in digging at sites where dogs had "indicated", then announced a volunteer public search to be held at the location where the remains were ultimately found. I listened to the scanner the night before the remains were found, and it appeared to me that LE were already at the park before it was ever announced that it was a "crime scene". Coincidence? Not in my opinion! I feel there was information that led the investigators to strongly believe the remains of Hannah would be found near or in Walnut Creek Park. The park is huge, so I do not feel that cell-phone pings/tracking would provide specific locations, although I could be wrong. I feel strongly that someone is talking. That someone could be a witness, a friend, a family member, an accomplice, or even JM himself, but I feel that A PERSON combined with evidence led investigators to the location. I feel that everything that has happened since the remains were found, has been done purposely by LE, including media coverage, release and withholding of information, and release of identification and condition of body, in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation and to strengthen the case for charges and pending trial! This is just my opinion, based on a personal experience of a Death Penalty Case that involved a relative as a "protected witness"...

As far as cellphone pings go, on the scanner thread the LEOs at the site were saying there was no good cell reception so they were using radio. I wouldn't be surprised if JM knew there was little to no reception there and that was one of the reasons he went there. If he traveled through the area frequently he had to know.

If it was staged, then how do we know the body was simply skeleton?

Good question!! I think every good staging is based on truth. LE couldn't mislead the media and the public about that without it coming back to bite them. I think the staging involved using someone to whom JM could relate, and who could manipulate JM's feelings, while still presenting accurate information. Does that answer your question or even make sense? :thinking:

Wasn't it reported that coworkers (friends?) said JLM started growing his dreds after being told he resembled the sketch? That wasn't put out there until the DNA connection was made, in July 2010.

This has been an ongoing discussions on a couple threads today. I know its hard to see everything since they move so fast, and well real life happens too!

That picture, is my personal picture, JLM use to come into the Cville bar I worked in the year Morgan was murdered. I knew who he was. He was in the background from a Halloween party (I've cropped out the other people in it).

In addition to that there is a link to an article floating around where there is a picture of him from April 2010 with similar length but slightly longer dreads. The sketch was not released till July 2010.

If his friends stories/ media reporting is true...the only explanation is that he had the shorter dreads, had cut them sometime after that April pic, and when the sketch came out he decided to region them....that's just a speculative scenario that would make both true. Other then that the only explanation is the media reports about dread growing is incorrect by friends or how it was reported.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 16m16 minutes ago
@PhoebeBeach @wusa9 For sale sign has been up for a while. No trespassing was posted by police.

The reporter who posted for sale sign says the sign has been up for awhile- I asked him if it was recently placed there:

Do we have more than one media source stating that LE will provide an update on the case this afternoon?

Another thought, I didn't see anyone discuss- sorry if it has been... That sign is a Realtor temporary sign, it's possible it had been pulled down and placed on the side of house after the listing was removed in July. Then "possibly" they included a "for rent" rider to the top of the sign even though property was off the sale market was on rental market. Not sure, but was probably on JM's radar either way as a vacant property off OL Rd.
Also, I'm not sure that the Washington reporter who answered me knows w 100% certainty if it was up all along...but maybe he does

Ok, but the above tweet says "abandoned home where police found body in"

I assume that is an error, bad reporting?

. . . in HannahGraham search. reporters are stuck with trying to parse their words carefully in tweets so the hashtag #HannahGraham is a hashtag and also used as part of the sentence. :)

So nothing? They said statement this afternoon?...5 o'clock news?

I'm hoping the statement is not that the road is back open and LE have completed their search at OL. I will bang my head if that's the case.

Trying to be patient...it's not working. Still hoping for a statement from LE this afternoon/evening. Continued prayers for the Graham family.

Rumor on Twitter that the family was told it's her and they are announcing to the public tonight. RUMOR...

The ME’s Office has confirmed that the remains discovered in Albemarle Co. on October 18th are those of Hannah Graham, 18, of Fairfax, Va. SAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313