Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said! Your comment regarding the leaves may be one reason this monster seems to concentrate his crimes to the Fall.

Semantics, imo---> SPANX Women's Tight-End High Waisted Tights

It is doubtful that JM left the tights at the body disposal site in an attempt to taunt police, imo. Imo this abandoned property was his ritual/burial grounds that he had frequented so many times before, leaving clothing and other items, which were cleaned up by scavengers, weather, and the elements...
Imo, this abandoned property was a regular feeding grounds for the turkey buzzards and other scavengers... JMO

I think what a few of us have a problem with is the use of "tight" in this situation. The pants were not on a body and easy to determine tightness or looseness. A LEO is kind of trained to listen to descriptions so I'd imagine they are better able than most to give a description. But that being said, if I saw Hannah's pants on the ground I would describe them as dark, but as to fit, I wouldn't say tight.

I saw what appeared to be dark:

Stretchy pants
Narrow ankle pants
Women's pants
Yoga pants
Sweat pants
Jeans

So this bothers some of us. Some here thought that officer's interview might have been scripted to get a response from JM, using "tight" makes it look more like a script than not, however I don't think it was scripted and that makes it a curious choice of words.

It is a bit of an odd construct - but these were left out in the rain for a over a month, they probably appeared to be almost child-sized by then - for some reason, discarded clothing left out in the weather always seems to shrink to tiny proportions.

A little bit of a diversion, but it seems like some people think the delay in ID is to somehow pressure JM - if there's one person who's certain of the identity of the person in the creekbed, it's JM.

I'd have said it's 99.999 that it was Hannah who was found there - but the delay in ID can't help but make you wonder. I don't think it would be particularly "embarrassing" to LE if it's not her, more heart-breaking ...

The other part that bothers me is the vertebra being described.

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department Sergeant Dale Terry said “it was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed. Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.Terry said the vertebrae bone appeared long and consistent with a tall person’s body.

bbm I don't know how many bodies he has found, I just found it odd to say that about the vertebra. Nothing against Terry, so glad he found who ever it is. jmo idk

Vigil At Virginia Tech Tonight For Hannah Graham

http://3wv.com/news/064460-vigil-at-virginia-tech-tonight-for-hannah-graham/

Virginia Tech and the organization “Help Save the Next Girl” are inviting the public to gather tonight for a candlelight vigil. The event will honor the life of Hannah Graham. They’re gathering rain or shine at 8:30 p.m. on the Virginia Tech Drill Field near the April 16th Memorial. They’re asking people to bring their own candles and paper cups to protect the flames. They say umbrellas might be needed. Lighters will be provided. VT Help Save the Next Girl Faculty Advisor Jane Vance and VT HSTNG President Erica Grant will speak briefly and then silence will be observed. Virginia Tech President Timothy Sands will also attend and say a few words.

He is not "just a guy." He is not a civilian searcher. He is a trained officer of the law. He should be able to give a description to a reporter that he wouldn't lock the prosecution into for trial. Saying he saw what appeared to be dark women's pants would have been the way to go.

My wedding ring is tight. If it was found near, but off my dead fleshless body I wouldn't think anyone could describe it as a tight wedding ring. It's a determination that could only be made if you observed it on me while I was wearing it when alive.

A trained officer that ran first chance to the media and possibly did some damage to the case LE was building...hence his interview being snipped and edited from multiple media sources at LE's request.....

Fortunately, most women know what LE meant when they referred to the pants that were found. It is a matter of semantics and I am not reading too much into it.

I just hope the remains that were found are Hannah's for the Graham's sake. If not, another family will be relieved to know their loved one has been found. JMV

Maybe the Sgt meant "tight-pants" as in, pants that are like tights. Leggings, but he didn't have the right word. He knew the word for tights, but these weren't quite tights, they were like a cross between tights and pants. Tight-pants. Leggings. A suggestion to explain kind of an unfortunate (and I'm sure unintentionally so) choice of words in this particular instance.

Oh, and a single vertebra bone is what? An inch long? The spine is made up of many vertebrae. I think what he meant was that the spine was what he'd expect the spine of a tall person to look like. Imo, while we're obsessing over tiny details. :gaah:

Yes, we need an update.

Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department Sergeant Dale Terry said “it was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed. Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.Terry said the vertebrae bone appeared long and consistent with a tall person’s body.

bbm I don't know how many bodies he has found, I just found it odd to say that about the vertebra. Nothing against Terry, so glad he found who ever it is. jmo idk

I had noticed he never said black ,and the first reports never said black but now news reports them as black even though I never heard him say it ,Where did the media get black? He is the source of the infomation and in the video he never said black . I dont get it.

However if they are Hannah's they were black.

I dont see how from eyeballing vertebrae in a creek bed you would notice a 2 or three inch difference . Hannah is tall, but I would think it would be easy to think any measurement which is over your height ideals for a woman would seem long in this instance.

Also, long vertibrae coupled with short leg is also common therefore the length of one wouldn't always determine height. Jmo

Yes, I personally don't think his word choice of "tight" is a very big deal. Other than it clearly describes a fit- and a fit would be IMO hard to determine if on, or beside, bones. So that part is interesting to me. But as for the word "tight" or "leggings" or "jeggings", or such- the guy didn't strike me as necessarily up on fashion terms. IMO he was just trying to say he saw non-baggy black pants. I don't think he thought about needing to be more specific. JMO

ETA: Ok, it looks like several of us have addressed the same thing around semantics that I just said. I'm moving along now to other topics other than tight pants ;)

Thank you for saying this. I found this statement to be inappropriate at best. I had posted previously that unless he had a working knowledge of the human skeleton, his assessment may not have been accurate. He described the remains as being intact with no obvious deformity (paraphrasing).

There are 206 bones in the human body. I don't know that I would be able to determine the height or sex of the person unless I looked closely at the pelvis, and the vertebrae were aligned perfectly and spaced correctly (as the disc material is gone).

Sometimes it is best to say nothing. I truly believe credit should have been given to the entire search TEAM, not just one individual taking credit for the whole discovery. IMOO

IMO they had some kind of an expert on the scene before making the announcement that they did. IMO they would be able to determine if those bones were recent, as in 5 weeks as opposed to bones that had been in the elements for a longer period of time. Say a year and had gone through a freeze, thaw. I think they found Hannah.

So true. I wonder if he knew the area well too. Guess we may never know for sure. I wonder if the Fairfax crime being interrupted prompted him to return to a familiar and less travelled area?

Since JM grew up in this area, I believe that he thoroughly explored the woods any chance he got. At first, it was a pleasurable past time for him. Later on, it became the place his devious mind went to in terms of disposing of bodies.

My hubby grew up in Roanoke, VA. As a young child, he would get up each summer morning and go off "bear hunting" with his 22 rifle and handmade slingshot. He spent the days until nightfall hunting bear tracks.

Nobody in his family knew where he was-except that he was out exploring the woods. Each time he tells me of his adventures, I just thank God he never found any bears. LOL. The woods have always freaked me out. I abhor them because as a young child in Roanoke, they made me feel claustrophobic and fearful. I used to tell myself when I grew up, I'd leave and go home to DC.

Now, I live in the desert Southwest and we have for over 30 years.

My point is this--seems as if JM was like my hubby in that he loved to go off alone and explore the woods. JM though seems to have turned out to have more nefarious thoughts than my hubby.

I'm still thanking God that my hubby didn't get himself injured on any of his adventures. Nor did any bears find him.:thinking:

I think if you have access to secluded areas like JM did, in the woods you think about possible areas to do whatever it is you like doing. Could be hunting, camping, finding a place to smoke pot, take girlfriends, or as he got older probably started thinking of more nefarious things that most of us would not think of.

A trained officer that ran first chance to the media and possibly did some damage to the case LE was building...hence his interview being snipped and edited from multiple media sources at LE's request.....

I'm just not mad at him. He was freaked out to have found her and I doubt that HE ran to the media....I imagine that the media was hawking him before any of the higher-ups could remind him to not divulge any details....it was a mistake, but not a critical one, and I doubt that his use of the word "tight" was deliberately nuanced. I'm sure that he doesn't feel that Hannah deserved her fate, no matter what clothing was found. JMO

He is not "just a guy." He is not a civilian searcher. He is a trained officer of the law. He should be able to give a description to a reporter that he wouldn't lock the prosecution into for trial. Saying he saw what appeared to be dark women's pants would have been the way to go.

My wedding ring is tight. If it was found near, but off my dead fleshless body I wouldn't think anyone could describe it as a tight wedding ring. It's a determination that could only be made if you observed it on me while I was wearing it when alive.

It's been said over and over again that Hannah was wearing tight black pants when she was last seen. I don't think it is odd that the searcher described the pants as such-- it wouldn't be uncommon to repeat what had already been said, or that you were told you were looking for, you know?

I was looking at the possible routes from Tempo to 3193 Old Lynchburg Road. As I recall, somebody said after they left tempo, they headed toward the mall and turned right. I'll guess at his car being around the intersection of East Market and 8th Street NE since there appear to be several parking lots. At this point, it doesn't matter that much for time estimates unless he parked waaaay off.

Google Maps gives a pretty straight shot of about 12 miles in 22 minutes to the body site. If they were last seen around 1:20 leaving Tempo and it took maybe five minutes to get to the car and pull out, then they couldn't have arrived at the site much before 1:50. I'd tend to assume he drove fairly legal to avoid police.

Google gives a second route that goes down State Road 20 most of the way but the time estimate is still only 23 minutes.

Returning home is around 21 minutes (US 29) or 22 minutes (Old Lynchburg Road) for JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry