Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6s6 seconds ago Virginia, US

UPDATE: police tell @HenryGraff still no positive ID on remains found. Source says parents of #hannahgraham just wanted to go to the site.

My heart is just breaking for them all over again.

@JDeanSeal: UPDATE: Old Lynchburg Road now open, police leaving area where remains were found in search for #HannahGraham @DailyProgress

I expect a mad dash by the media and curious locals to "the crime scene" and we should see posts, videos, and pictures anytime! The "latest developments" and "new information" should be interesting!

This is driving me nuts! I've been sitting here for 2 days waiting! I have so much house work to do. Maybe I should focus on that today and come back later and maybe by then we will have some answers. Oh I just hate leaving all of my WS friends. See now why I only come back when a case strikes me? I get so wrapped up in the case I do very little else and with 2 beautiful little girls, that's just not something I should do on a daily basis.:websleuther::waiting::cuckoo:

I could've written this post! Word for word, I feel so drawn to following this case and constantly checking WS. I'm also the mother of two beautiful little girls, and that is probably exactly why we are so drawn to this case. That and we're both locals. I really think they will confirm by the end of today. It's been almost a week!

I expect a mad dash by the media and curious locals to "the crime scene" and we should see posts, videos, and pictures anytime! The "latest developments" and "new information" should be interesting!

I hope LE stays for awhile and keeps everyone out!!!

I would expect to see, No Trespassing signs as well. In the rural farming areas, No Trespassing means just that. In fact a fence for the most part means just that. I was told by an older friend in Georgia that a fence worked for everybody as no trespassing cause not everybody can read.

I am thinking press release is coming very soon confirming ID. Road reopening and Hannah's parents visiting the site would seem to suggest the search for additional remains (those of Hanna or other individuals) appears to be winding down.

If the pants were recognizable as "skinny pants", it would seem to me they must not have been on Hannah when she was left at the scene. As powerful as black vultures are, it doesn't seem reasonable they would be able to remove the pants and still leave them recognizable. Why would JLM leave the pants at the crime scene, if he indeed did?

My apologies in advance if this causes anyone pain or to become grossed out.

One of the last indignities a person suffers when they die, and sometimes before they die if the fear is strong enough, is to lose control of their bowels.

I work on a haunted trail with my son every October and we see this on a nightly basis. We get numerous "code yellows" and sometimes even an occasional "code brown"

Its been theorized that this reflex is a defense mechanism from tens of thousands of years ago when we were considered prey rather than predator. The smell alone may have stopped animals from eating us.

I don't know how to feel about HG parents going to the site, obviously all signs point to it being her. I'm guessing they must have found something more than pants. Possibly her phone or something as well for the police to suggest it would be a reasonable idea for her parents to even visit the site. I doubt police would let them go if they had doubt it could be someone else. I've had my doubts that it was HG but looks like it was her after they visited.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Old-Lynchburg-Road-Reopened-280322062.html

This will probably be the news that the remains are Hannah Graham's. The parents were given an opportunity to go and visit the site in peace, and say their goodbyes before the news trucks roll in.

I doubt it will be a press conference--I think LE will stick to their previous promise of a written statement. It's more dignified than a presser.

If other remains were found, I think that would be announced next week, after people have had a chance to absorb the news and pay their respects to HG. If there were other remains, we could expect that while the road will be open, parts of the site might continue to be closed off (which could be true even if it was only Hannah--I doubt LE want people tromping around the site itself.)

it wont be a presser. Albermarle county PD already said it will be a statement and will take no questions and will not be holding another press conference in the future as of right now

I was going to post this same thing. The area only allowed LE/investigators. I wouldn't think there would be exceptions for anyone not part of the search team, even HG's parents. IMO now the search area is "clean" and complete so it's safe to bring HG's parents there now for some type of closure. I'm sure they wanted to be there while LE still present too...do u think locals will bombard the area out of curiosity after it's open?

My guess would be that they are 99% certain Hannah's demise was there, for whatever reason - whether clothing or remains or jewelry or anything else. I would also guess they found that others met their demise there as well. Can't wait to see what they release this afternoon.

Bless Hannah and her parents and all the other families hurting.

I am curious, as nothing has been said, as to whether searches within the park are continuing, even though Old Lynchburg is now open.

My apologies in advance if this causes anyone pain or to become grossed out.

One of the last indignities a person suffers when they die, and sometimes before they die if the fear is strong enough, is to lose control of their bowels.

I work on a haunted trail with my son every October and we see this on a nightly basis. We get numerous "code yellows" and sometimes even an occasional "code brown"

Its been theorized that this reflex is a defense mechanism from tens of thousands of years ago when we were considered prey rather than predator. The smell alone may have stopped animals from eating us.

It's also just what happens to a body when functions stop - your ability to hold in bowel and bladder contents ceases. Happens every time any mammal passes.

If this turns out to be Hannah, I don't think that it is coincidence that she was found in or around Walnut Creek Park. In the few days before the body was found, LE made several changes to the "search" techniques. They scaled back the search for 2 days to redirect the focus, implemented professionals instead of public searchers, engaged in digging at sites where dogs had "indicated", then announced a volunteer public search to be held at the location where the remains were ultimately found. I listened to the scanner the night before the remains were found, and it appeared to me that LE were already at the park before it was ever announced that it was a "crime scene". Coincidence? Not in my opinion! I feel there was information that led the investigators to strongly believe the remains of Hannah would be found near or in Walnut Creek Park. The park is huge, so I do not feel that cell-phone pings/tracking would provide specific locations, although I could be wrong. I feel strongly that someone is talking. That someone could be a witness, a friend, a family member, an accomplice, or even JM himself, but I feel that A PERSON combined with evidence led investigators to the location. I feel that everything that has happened since the remains were found, has been done purposely by LE, including media coverage, release and withholding of information, and release of identification and condition of body, in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation and to strengthen the case for charges and pending trial! This is just my opinion, based on a personal experience of a Death Penalty Case that involved a relative as a "protected witness"...

ITA!

One more thing to take into consideration is that all this played out in and around Oct. 17th. That's a significant date for JM.

ETA. . just to make things more confusing, RAT was recently moved. I thought that was odd. Why?

Have been following... first true post... as MtnLaur intimated earlier, aside from sleuthing and hoping for justice, a moment always seems to come in these cases that is incredibly personal and rocks you to soul. I cant help but feeling, and say with heaviest of hearts, that John & Susan took one last solo moment with their daughter. Very, very difficult to fathom as a parent. My umbrage is that Hannah, Susan, and John ( Grahams) all have such powerfully great aura and pull all of us toward good! Keep grinding, keep hanging, keep fighting the good fight. My great sorry, love & hope go out to the Grahams today especially

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 2d2 days ago
Asked Jim Camblos if he's still defending #JesseMatthew in C-ville & Albemarle Co, since he's not in Ffx Co.

Camblos: "Absolutely."

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 2d2 days ago
Asked Jim Camblos if he's still defending #JesseMatthew in C-ville & Albemarle Co, since he's not in Ffx Co.

Camblos: "Absolutely."

he is going to represent him in Ffx now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members