Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great link- thank you.

I'm so sad to hear from that interview that there was nothing but bones left :( It makes me discouraged as it pertains to a case against JM....

I'm very sad to hear that only bones were left too. Perhaps something will be found on her pants. :(

If you follow the road down the hill, where it looks like it would come closes to the creek on the map, you can see an old gate. Is this the access you were talking about? There doesn't seem to be any gravel or even a dirt road, but a gate as if there was a road at one time.
View attachment 61601
If you look at the map on post #730, this does appear to be the gate to the access road to that parcel.

This is ghastly, don't read if you're not ready.

Sounds like there was some aiding in the speeding up of decomposition if there was NO hair and there was NO flesh. JMO. It's been one month not three. Seems very quick? Buzzards?

I would think that the pants might have DNA. Pray they do.

I agree, especially with no hair.

There are oodles of places that are run down or abandoned looking in this area. Nothing that sticks out in my mind along that stretch. That place on the corner sticks out because I had to stop there and I remember what a nice place it was. This place, that was linked to by someone in an earlier post seems promising, however it was right across the street from a house, so who knows. https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89b39d2ffe0f85c3:0xa377784c776b19bf

With regards to this house, which clearly looks abandoned, does this nearby car look burnt orange to anyone else? How do you tell the date of the map again?

https://goo.gl/maps/fMTz4

Searcher who found her says, "No hair, no flesh whatsoever...completely, completely bones."

Sorry to be graphic, but could her body decompose so completely in 5 weeks? In which case, it seems there will be little DNA evidence left.:(

I have witnessed, vultures, eat an entire deer carcass in less than 24 hours. We have to notify the Game Wardens when we see this illegal poaching remains. Some perps will kill a deer just for the antlers. :(

We have a speedy trial requirement in Virginia for criminal matters that is strictly adhered to by the judges when setting cases. The only cases I can think of in this area where it has taken 1-2 years for someone to be tried is when there has been a competency issue.

:moo: THIS will be a death penalty case....and as :websleuther: have experienced again and again, this means delays most often... (upon delay, upon delay, upon delay) :moo:

someone else said that JM could have sped up the process with bleach...

I know some are discouraged that it sounds like there were only skeletal remains. But the black pants were found! Hoping they hold JM's DNA and forensic evidence that can prove that more occurred than just a few drinks at Tempo that night.

LE probably has a lot of DNA critical to this case that we may never know. Hoping a great case can be built to seal this monster's fate.

If he accelerated the process with bleach, wouldn't that also destroy DNA on the black pants? I want to be hopeful that LE can tie JM directly to HG's murder, but I had hoped since she was found (relatively) quickly that there would be strong evidence. I so hope LE has the goods on JM. I pray for Hannah's soul and for her parents and family. What heartbreak this is.

Nah, No hair or other stuff? I'll wait. I live in hotazz, AZ. Decomp is my study. There will be more information, I'm sure and hope.

So, here's the SAR question. Let's say the recent rains washed her into or down the creekbed, so a crime scene or other evidence/tissue/hair is elsewhere.

Can they attempt to figure that out based upon topography? HRD dogs? How do they proceed? Or do they just search some reasonable distance around this find? And then, what's a reasonable distance?

We had heavy, heavy rains. The remains could have traveled some significant distance in a flowing creek.

If he accelerated the process with bleach, wouldn't that also destroy DNA on the black pants? I want to be hopeful that LE can tie JM directly to HG's murder, but I had hoped since she was found (relatively) quickly that there would be strong evidence. I so hope LE has the goods on JM. I pray for Hannah's soul and for her parents and family. What heartbreak this is.

The pants would no longer be black; they'd be white.

He also said all the bones appeared intact.

I was surprised when he said this... very different than the picture that was painted about MH's remains. So many things about the 2 cases are similar and yet- this - very different IMO.

If you follow the road down the hill, where it looks like it would come closes to the creek on the map, you can see an old gate. Is this the access you were talking about? There doesn't seem to be any gravel or even a dirt road, but a gate as if there was a road at one time.
View attachment 61601
I think so. I am terrible at street view but the road indicated on the tax map seems like either a logging road or old farm road and that is what this looks like to me. The land is in land use taxation so I am guessing they timber it because they obviously aren't using it for crops or livestock. I would think the gate is up to keep people off the empty land. FWIW, when you turn onto Red Hill Rd. from 29 behind Anchorage, there is a gate onto the back of the property that opens up into one of the big fields. It is not hidden like this one but the same metal farm gate (at least it was there when I went by there years ago) with a little turn off where you can get a car off the road.

I'm very sad to hear that only bones were left too. Perhaps something will be found on her pants. :(
Weren't there just bones left when they found MH? And there was still DNA found on her.body, according to her mom...

The pants would no longer be black; they'd be white.

You are so right. I have to remain hopeful that there is enough evidence to nail JM. So, so sad for her and her family.

If this isn't Hannah's body, I hope that it is one of the other missing girls.

I agree, especially with no hair.
Remember they removed cleaning supplies from JMs apartment.

Would this mean he went back to the site afterwards, or carried these items along with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9