Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently one thing LE noted was that the whoever this is, is about 6 ft tall which eliminates a lot of women. I doubt LE would have said what they did if they had any doubt this was Hannah. We'll know soon since dental ID is usually very quick and I think Hannah's dental xrays have been given to LE. DNA ID usually takes a while longer though it appears that technology is out there for a very quick match.

If it's the first time you've seen a "naked" backbone, they are longer than they appear. They run base of skull to tailbone, and folks don't think about someone's "back" being that "long."

I'm not convinced this is Hannah. Not convinced at ALL.

ehh i think there's more reason to believe it's hannah than it's not her.

In the process of him toying with her before killing her, could he have shaved her head??? Could that attribute to the skull not having any hair in this amount of time???

according to this formula, i think it would take 80 days for a body to be completely bones in charlottesville. help me out with the average temperature. i estimated 70 in the day and 50 at night for an average temp of 60 which is 15.56 celcius. but i could be TOTALLY wrong about the average temp. i'm too lazy right now to figure it out to a T

the following from Dr. Bass' body farm in Tennessee. Interesting stuff, but out of respect for anyone squeamish and just respect in general, I cut only this quote
"Although factors such as predators, toxins, age, and injuries may cause variations from this predictable progression, most corpses in the wild are skeletonized or mummified according to the formula y = 1285/x, where x is the average temperature in Centigrade, and y is the total number of days."

if my temp is sort of right then 80 days is sort of right, but if you throw in vultures, that speeds things up

vultures AND who knows what JM might have dumped on the body... lime, bleach etc. he could have gone back to take extra precaution because i'm sure he followed the MH case and knew they took DNA from her hair and tissue

I am thinking maybe LE found more than they're releasing that made them think it was her.

Maybe it is JM's car and he's been out this way more than once if you know what I mean? Could there be several bodies around there?

from FenceSitter #824 reply to Foxfire's #713 - re: my broken link @ #708 (now fixed)
Foxfire, i was going to ask the same thing. Interesting about the family plot. I had seen this one also. SK tendencies???
Sorry, fixed now. I also tried to clear it up & fix the link further back in the posts: #741
(And the original credit goes to #706)
Hope this helps!

Another thought. If it isn't Hannah, this location is a common back way into Charlottesville known by many people and only 4.5 miles off 29. The road any one would have to go from where Alexis Murphy was last seen into Charlottesville. I often use either Red Hill or Plank Rd to Old lynchburg to get into Charlottesville when I don't want to deal with 29 traffic during rush hour or on game day.

Wasn't she also wearing black and grey or white spandex pants.

floral spandex pants and wasn't blood and her phone found with Randy Taylor

If it's the first time you've seen a "naked" backbone, they are longer than you'd think. They run base of skull to tailbone, and folks don't think about someone's "back" being that "long."

ETA: Bonnie was 5'4", Hannah 5'11". That might be a 3-inch difference in their spines. Three inches, when looking at 3 1/2-4 feet isn't much.

[
I thought the same thing re: the amount of information provided by the searcher! Longo cannot be happy...

Strange since the searcher was a sheriff w Chesterfield Cty, no stranger to the importance of keeping quiet...

If it's the first time you've seen a "naked" backbone, they are longer than you'd think. They run base of skull to tailbone, and folks don't think about someone's "back" being that "long."

IMO they would not have spoken at the press conference today the way they did and cancelled all searches for tomorrow if they weren't 99.9% sure this was HG.

ETA: Bonnie was 5'4", Hannah 5'11". That might be a 3-inch difference in their spines. Three inches, when looking at 3 1/2-4 feet isn't much.

someone said that LE stated the remains would have composed a body about 6 feet tall

Apparently one thing LE noted was that the whoever this is, is about 6 ft tall which eliminates a lot of women. I doubt LE would have said what they did if they had any doubt this was Hannah. We'll know soon since dental ID is usually very quick and I think Hannah's dental xrays have been given to LE. DNA ID usually takes a while longer though it appears that technology is out there for a very quick match.

I missed the 6-ft. tall reference. Can you link it for me? I didn't hear it in the PC. Thanks.

I dunno... Weather Underground says it wasn't that warm. One day in the 80's since 9/13, at 87 degrees. Other than that, 80 and below.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCHO/2014/9/18/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Youve seen the terrain around Charlottesville?

Not trying to quibble as I greatly respect you opinion and input but just pointing out that 80 degrees in a dry climate is a LOT different than 80 degrees of sticky Virginia humidity that makes your clothes cling to your body and leaves you feeling like you need a shower after only 5 minutes spent outdoors.

Im sure that affects decay rates as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892