Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long would it take to press charges against JLM in a case like this?

A lot of variables. Such as what forensics are discovered. How quickly they are processed and can they be tied to J.M.

I know this is what we all believed we would see eventually but still heartbreaking to actually see these words..at a wedding with all the happiness around me and to pull out my phone and read this..my heart breaks for her family..and may whoever is responsible face the complete brunt of what's coming to them for what they did to this innocent girl..I am sick inside..

I would say it is definitely Hannah. Did they not say the body had "distinctive clothing". Surely her glitter top would be all the proof they need virtually anyway, right?
It's possible she was naked, especially if raped :(. MHs shirt was not on her when she was found, not.sure if she was dressed other than shirt.

Just can't imagine...you send your child off to college and she ends up missing, dead. How do you deal with this? DD was at school in Madison, Wisconsin when girls went missing. She said, "Mom, it's time to get out of Dodge." I couldn't wait for her to come home. These girls deserve this rite of passage. They shouldn't have to fear going away to school. A parent's worst nightmare. My heart breaks for the Graham family.

he referred to property as abandoned. I wonder what that means? Abandoned as in there is no owner or record or the property and any structures (if such structures exist) are abandoned or in obvious disrepair and unused. Seems like it might be time to get google mapping.

At a press conference Saturday evening, Longo said human remains were found on an abandoned property in southern Albemarle County along old Lynchburg Road.

closed-road.jpg
Old Lynchburg Road closed Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014 after a body was found nearby during the search for missing UVa. student Hannah Graham (Photo courtesy NBC 29).

http://wavy.com/2014/10/18/charlottesville-officers-to-make-hannah-graham-announcement/

He was living right there in that community all along. A resident. Not an outsider or someone who roamed around the country like Ted Bundy and killed. A monster in disguise. It's almost hard for me to believe that no one suspected him, or suspected him enough to give a tip to authorities. I don't know...maybe they did. Just so hard to swallow. So sad for Hannah's family. Can not even imagine the pain and anguish they must be feeling :(

I saw it being said on HLN, earlier, that during the search for M. Harringtons killer, when they put out the picture, people at his taxi job where kidding him about looking like the suspect. So it must have at least crossed their minds.

I really hope that they will now scour that entire property and area. There is no telling what they might find there. JMO

I would say it is definitely Hannah. Did they not say the body had "distinctive clothing". Surely her glitter top would be all the proof they need virtually anyway, right?

Nothing was said about clothing in the PC. Nothing was said about an abandoned structure in the PC. If she was found in a structure, that's coming from CNN, not LE at the PC.

Jean Casarez said The remains were found in an "abandoned structure".

But we heard the news conference just like Jean C did. I didn't hear that the body was found inside an abandoned structure, did anyone else? I heard abandoned property, so I pictured the body buried shallowly on the property, not inside the house necessarily. Anyone else?

He was living right there in that community all along. A resident. Not an outsider or someone who roamed around the country like Ted Bundy and killed. A monster in disguise. It's almost hard for me to believe that no one suspected him, or suspected him enough to give a tip to authorities. I don't know...maybe they did. Just so hard to swallow. So sad for Hannah's family. Can not even imagine the pain and anguish they must be feeling :(

Hiding in plain sight behind his evil mask of normalcy, oblivious to LE.. Imo, this was the catalyst for his brazenness when abducting HG.. JM had gotten away with it so many times before..enabled...a chameleon...jmo..

JM's traits were so obvious to many here on ws from early in the investigation/thread one... Imo, JM will have many unknown victims.. Many, if not most sexual predators cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality during adolescence, usually around the age of 14... jmo

Coy Barefoot stated on CNN that he observed Hannah's Father and Longo in the area today of where remains were discovered.

Every day since Hannah went missing I was hoping she'd be found - and of course I knew it would probably come to this - but it still feels shocking and just heartbreaking.

My heart goes out to Hannah's parents, I have been obsessed with this case since it started. I always had a feeling she would be found very close to where they found Morgan Harrington. We were all blogging last night about Walnut Creek Park. :( I am so glad LE persisted and engaged other help such as the FBI and even taking information from some questions that were raised on this forum. Maybe in someway we helped. :( Have they actually confirmed that the body is Hannah's?

Doubt JM gave up her remain's location after 35 days.. jmo

Exactly. She was discovered by Chesterfield County Police. They had to ask for witness sightings of JLM so doubtful that he spilled any beans.

I know from the time Morgan Harrington disappeared the common thought was it was someone who "was part of the surrounding community", since they new the area very well ( Anchorage farm). That was not an easy place to traverse for someone outside of the community. Seems he was an outsider to perhaps other crimes, though.

I saw it being said on HLN, earlier, that during the search for M. Harringtons killer, when they put out the picture, people at his taxi job where kidding him about looking like the suspect. So it must have at least crossed their minds.

If they were at all serious or concerned, then why not call the FBI tip line. There was a substantial reward for more information; at least $50,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing