Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you would think that the searchers would have been told not to speak out, after the discovery was made if it were so critical that no info would be released... maybe LE kind of approved it by omission. like they didn't tell them not to do anything... maybe this was a way for the info to get out there without LE having to be held responsible for every detail
The thing is, he is LE. I doubt Longo wanted this released. Frankly, in my opinion, this just sounds like a guy overstepping his bounds a bit to pat himself on the back for finding the body and so his community can see him as the good, God-fearing man that he is. It's sensationalizing, but from the LE side, not the media side, IMHO.

The link didn't work for me, zer0pointe.. Is there a Cedar Tree nearby? Just curious..;
Foxfire, i was going to ask the same thing. Interesting about the family plot. I had seen this one also. SK tendencies???

Thanks but how can that be?

according to this formula, i think it would take 80 days for a body to be completely bones in charlottesville. help me out with the average temperature. i estimated 70 in the day and 50 at night for an average temp of 60 which is 15.56 celcius. but i could be TOTALLY wrong about the average temp. i'm too lazy right now to figure it out to a T

the following from Dr. Bass' body farm in Tennessee. Interesting stuff, but out of respect for anyone squeamish and just respect in general, I cut only this quote
"Although factors such as predators, toxins, age, and injuries may cause variations from this predictable progression, most corpses in the wild are skeletonized or mummified according to the formula y = 1285/x, where x is the average temperature in Centigrade, and y is the total number of days."

if my temp is sort of right then 80 days is sort of right, but if you throw in vultures, that speeds things up

I just don't understand how there could be no hair on or near the skull. Surely it would be in close proximity to the body if it were intact. The body being intact means animals didn't drag bits away. So where is her hair? Maybe I just haven't thought this through - but I maintain her hair must be found.

The live report stated that the skull and bones were found "scattered" along the dry creek bed. It sounds like only the spine was intact or, as the Sheriff interviewed called it, the "vertebrae bone."

If you just go to the link posted and then put it in street view on the actual road close to the entrance the top left corner of my street view says June '09 however, I am sure google earth has a bit more detail.

animals could attribute to this. I travel the nearby route 29 and have come across manyyy bears and raccoons so that might attribute, you sound like you know a lot more about decomp than I do.

I'm getting a date of 9/15/2014 on Google maps of the burnt orange car...not sure how I got here though...have pressed too many links!

I just don't understand how there could be no hair on or near the skull. Surely it would be in close proximity to the body if it were intact. The body being intact means animals didn't drag bits away. So where is her hair? Maybe I just haven't thought this through - but I maintain her hair must be found.

This is my question too. It is my understanding that hair decomposes really slowly? I can't imagine there would be no hairs at all on her head. Even if an animal or bird pulled them out, wouldn't there have been some broken ones? Or hairs under the skull bones? :(

Remember they removed cleaning supplies from JMs apartment.

Would this mean he went back to the site afterwards, or carried these items along with him?

I wonder if his clothes had bleach splashes too. Maybe he didn't rape her if her pants were still black when found and it's true he used bleach. Hated typing that

The thing is, he is LE. I doubt Longo wanted this released. Frankly, in my opinion, this just sounds like a guy overstepping his bounds a bit to pat himself on the back for finding the body and so his community can see him as the good, God-fearing man that he is. It's sensationalizing, but from the LE side, not the media side, IMHO.

i would agree with you, but the man being interviewed actually sounded fairly normal and not really attention seeking at all. don't know what to make of it. maybe he was a bit naive giving an interview at this point, but i believe what he said

On the zillow link for the house it says "Price includes the home (1056 SF plus the unfin. bsmt) and a cottage (672 SF). Home has been rented before for $1400 and the cottage is NOW rented for $800"

So does that mean someone is currently renting the cottage or is this an old listing?

Zillow is so screwed up with my house; I would take anything there with a grain of salt..

I'm definitely getting a 10/20/13 date on my Google Earth view- when the orange car appears. I've figured out that I can move this little arrow around and get historical data points for the photos. I can pull up a 12/30/09 picture (it looks colder and more wintery), but I can't get a June '09 pic. Strange. I have very little experience with Google Earth, so someone else will have to help me out I guess!

Recently I had the same questions and for some reason I came to the conclusion google earth was up dated in oct 13 however the pictures they were using were taken in may (some one else says April ) I do not remember how I found that out but it was by googling stuff and reading info on the program.

according to this formula, i think it would take 80 days for a body to be completely bones in charlottesville. help me out with the average temperature. i estimated 70 in the day and 50 at night for an average temp of 60 which is 15.56 celcius. but i could be TOTALLY wrong about the average temp. i'm too lazy right now to figure it out to a T

the following from Dr. Bass' body farm in Tennessee. Interesting stuff, but out of respect for anyone squeamish and just respect in general, I cut only this quote
"Although factors such as predators, toxins, age, and injuries may cause variations from this predictable progression, most corpses in the wild are skeletonized or mummified according to the formula y = 1285/x, where x is the average temperature in Centigrade, and y is the total number of days."

if my temp is sort of right then 80 days is sort of right, but if you throw in vultures, that speeds things up

It was a hell of a lot hotter than 70 degrees a month ago in Va.There were a few days In late September , before our first taste of fall, that were absolutely unbearable, mid 90s with the kind of humidity that only southerners can understand.

The boys in our area call them tight pants, meaning yoga pants, stretch pants, and for you old people - spandex.

He is only describing the type of pants.

RBBM: Since it's after hours... :bigfight:

He had this place selected ahead of time, we know that much.

It's going to be very dark out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member