Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all hopeful, Richmond...

Roger L. Depue, Quote from between good and evil;

'My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim.

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade? Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away'?
http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/between-good-and-evil-by-roger-l.html

Given that she seemed to be getting less steady to a point where the checker at Tempo described her, I suspect JM drugged her. She's a smart girl, She'd notice that they were going too far if she wanted to just be dropped off at the Corner. Given what happened with the Fairfax woman, my guess is that he strangled her, and he probably has that down pat by now. I 'm going to just go with her being out of it enough not to know what was happening and that she dis "sink merifuly int unconsciousness and feel nothing as her life ebbed away". I hope her parents feel that way too.

JM, instead of learning from earlier charges and consequecnes, that he could not act on his impulses, he decided to go right on ahead and just kill the women afterwards so they could not report him is my guess as to how he transitioned. How could anyone cross that line? I'll never understand this.

i would agree with you, but the man being interviewed actually sounded fairly normal and not really attention seeking at all. don't know what to make of it

I dont know what to make of it either ,because last night we heard the teasers about the dogs indicating and areas they intended to search today ,plus she was found arround noon which seems a little early to give up.

I wonder if it's Bonnie Santiago. The condition of the remains sounds more like her time frame. (And then the forensics people found Hannah later.)

It was a hell of a lot hotter than 70 degrees a month ago in Va.There were a few days In late September , before our first taste of fall, that were absolutely unbearable, mid 90s with the kind of humidity that only southerners can understand.

I dunno... Weather Underground says it wasn't that warm. One day in the 80's since 9/13, at 87 degrees. Other than that, 80 and below.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCHO/2014/9/18/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

I dont know what to make of it either ,because last night we heard the teasers about the dogs indicating and areas they intended to search today ,plus she was found arround noon which seems a little early to give up.

He could have meant "give up" like "break for lunch".... :thinking:

in regards to the searcher saying "only bones," "no hair," "bones intact," etc:

I'm guessing once he saw any part of a skeleton that could appear human he called for backup and didn't go and closely examine them. It's entirely possible there were small bits of tissue or hair that he didn't see, and same with any bone fractures.

Similarly, it's entirely likely that you would call something skeletonized if it were recognizably a skeleton even if there were little bits of tissue on it.

JMO

Another thought. If it isn't Hannah, this location is a common back way into Charlottesville known by many people and only 4.5 miles off 29. The road any one would have to go from where Alexis Murphy was last seen into Charlottesville. I often use either Red Hill or Plank Rd to Old lynchburg to get into Charlottesville when I don't want to deal with 29 traffic during rush hour or on game day.

Wasn't she also wearing black and grey or white spandex pants.

To everyone discussing Google dates, they use many different data sets. Street view is shot from a van driving around. The aerial shots are shot by low flying aircraft (not satellites like is the common misconception.) The dates of the aerials varies because the photos are constantly being updated one small area at a time. Google does not shoot these, but buys them from other companies usually. Also important to know is that the default image they show in the overhead is not automatically the most recent shot, but the best resolution shot that is relatively recent. I have two family members with cartography degrees, though mapping is merely a hobby of mine.

I've wondered if it's Bonnie also. Truly so many missing from around here one can't help but wonder.

If it is indeed Hannah and it was a shallow grave, JLM had several days to go back and pour bleach and do G*d knows what. He probably went back to cover up any loose ends. A SK and a psychopath would go back. JMO

I wonder if it's Bonnie Santiago. The condition of the remains sounds more like her time frame. (And then the forensics people found Hannah later.)

yeah, but hannah's black pants were found either around or on the bones... that would be quite a coincidence. also, the searcher said that the skeleton indicated the person was tall. someone else mentioned that bonnie was 5'4. and then there's the fact that JM went to that area quite frequently in the past

I dunno... Weather Underground says it wasn't that warm. One day in the 80's since 9/13, at 87 degrees. Other than that, 80 and below.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCHO/2014/9/18/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

You are right, it was not that warm here but Richmond had some very hot days during that time frame and it looks like "zapped" is from Richmond. Usually our weather isn't that different but I remember a couple of days where my friends in Richmond were griping about the heat and it was nice here. We have also had some cold nights already where you need to turn the heat on (or at least my husband thinks the heat needs to be on!).

This is also a possibility. I am not sure what she was wearing? Also she was 5'4", so not tall.

If it's the first time you've seen a "naked" backbone, they are longer than you'd think. They run base of skull to tailbone, and folks don't think about someone's "back" being that "long."

I'm not convinced this is Hannah. Not convinced at ALL.

I apologize for being so blunt when discussing the remains of a beautiful young lady.

From everything I've read, it's possible that a body could be skeletonized in as little as 2 weeks. It appears that a warm, humid environment speeds up decomposition significantly. Scavengers will also apparently speed up the process.

With regard to her hair, Caylee Anthony is brought to mind--remember the "hair mat"? If Hannah's body were left in a creek bed that captured runoff, her hair could have possibly simply washed away in a storm after it had fallen off of the body. No skin means nothing to which the hair can attach.

So sad all around.

MOO as always, of course.

If it's the first time you've seen a "naked" backbone, they are longer than they appear. They run base of skull to tailbone, and folks don't think about someone's "back" being that "long."

I'm not convinced this is Hannah. Not convinced at ALL.

Very true! I doubt he's super experienced with seeing skeletons. Let's face it the average police officer or sheriff's deputy doesn't spend a lot of time looking at skeletons, so I wouldn't expect him to necessarily be able to accurately judge short vs. long any better than anyone else could. You have a good point.

Thanks but how can that be?

according to this formula, i think it would take 80 days for a body to be completely bones in charlottesville. help me out with the average temperature. i estimated 70 in the day and 50 at night for an average temp of 60 which is 15.56 celcius. but i could be TOTALLY wrong about the average temp. i'm too lazy right now to figure it out to a T

the following from Dr. Bass' body farm in Tennessee. Interesting stuff, but out of respect for anyone squeamish and just respect in general, I cut only this quote
"Although factors such as predators, toxins, age, and injuries may cause variations from this predictable progression, most corpses in the wild are skeletonized or mummified according to the formula y = 1285/x, where x is the average temperature in Centigrade, and y is the total number of days."

if my temp is sort of right then 80 days is sort of right, but if you throw in vultures, that speeds things up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict