Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a dry creek bed though, and if she was washed down would she still be in tact with her trousers with her? I think not.
In Virginia, a creek will flash flood and within two days of a storm, like the one we had a few days ago, the creek beds will be perfectly dry again. And, we don't know if the pants were attached or just ended up with the remains. Morgan's body also ended up with clothing nearby and not far from where a rising creek may have deposited her as well.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

Per above, the homeowners who complained about the smell to each other and closed their windows....... DID NOT call in a report to the cops.CLUELESS ****** !!

I am curious how you came to that conclusion from the video - I see no reference to them in your link.

From the report that mentioned that particular neighbor I came to a different conclusion; that the 'tip' I read about was likely someone, not necessarily her, who complained that there had been an odor- in fact it could have been several tips from multiple neighbors since, as that Sargent reported, the remains were not far from the road.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

So I haven't seen any reports that say they "DID NOT Call in a report".

To clarify something else, in rural areas, dead animals are not that unusual - a dead dear off the road, a bloated cow in a field, etc.

:cow:

Mine's still loading (stupid country life...)!

But, if so, send it to LE. They might need it. That might be JUST what they need, particularly if she's just bones. CPDtips@charlottesville.org
That streetview is from June 2009. The neighbor on Old Lynchburg Rd said that he used to live right near that part of North Garden "about six" years ago. Oddly enough, North Garden and Red Hill Rd came up several times in the early days after Morgan was recovered. And then there are the PVCC students, who lived in the house on Sutherland that suspiciously caught fire as LE was initially responding to the Anchorage Farm, one of whom had a pitbull...I still keep wondering if JLM Jr had been to that home on Sutherland. The fire department went to that address at least two times in the 24 hours after Morgan was found.

One day late and 41 pages later, I find that Hannah has been found. Bless her family and friends. There will be no closure, perhaps relief that they know where their lovely daughter is. She will be returned to her loved ones and given a proper farewell. I'm an hour out from C'ville and have been there often. I haven't posted, just read and prayed for everyone.

Morgan was found after a 3 month search and the only DNA found was from her clothing. Let's hope that exposure to the elements hasn't removed DNA. From what I've read and heard, her clothing will be the big clue as to the identity of the murderer. It could end up being a circumstantial case piggy-backed on the Morgan Harrington and Fairfax cases.

Thank goodness for all the video cameras in Hannah's case. They will cinch the case for the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I have little doubt this is Hannah. I hope, and believe, there's evidence that will be linked to who did this to her. Nail him finally.

Cops: Remains may be those of missing UVa. student
http://news.yahoo.com/cops-remains-may-those-missing-uva-student-071414694.html

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — "The weekslong search for a missing University of Virginia student appears to have come to a sad end with the announcement by police officials that they have discovered human remains that could be hers."

"Further forensic tests are needed to confirm whether the remains are those of 18-year-old Hannah Graham, but Graham's parents were notified of the preliminary findings, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told a news conference Saturday, shortly after the discovery was made."

Hannah Graham searcher says ‘God wanted’ them to find what they found
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher-...at-they-found/

I think this will be a huge shock if it turns out not to be Hannah.

This very thing occured in Wilmington, NC earlier this year. Police were digging for Shannon Rippy on farmland owned by her landscaper boss and found remains and announced it was Shannon Rippy. But after autopsy, the results showed the remains belonged to Elisha Tucker who had disappeared months before, in Aug 2013, IIRC. Chief Longo is smart by waiting until results to identify these remains. (BTW, Shannon Rippy's remains have yet to be located but a suspect is in jail awaiting trial. There are threads here at WS for both Shannon and Elisha Tucker.)

We could logically conclude what happened to Hannah. So can someone tell me why this news makes me cry? Why do I always gasp "Oh no." when news like this is given?

God bless this girl and her family with peace.

Because no matter what the brain knows, the heart hopes.

I wish peace for everyone that had their hearts in this.

if you look on the google maps and type in to travel from walnut park to anchorage farm it creates a perfect square back to Charlottesville, I tried to post the map perhaps someone else can but anyway it is almost the same distance from Charlottesville to where both these precious lives were left...https://www.google.com/maps/ Anchorage+Farm+Rd/Walnut+Creek+Park,+North+Garden,+VA

It was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed, Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.

Terry said the vertebrae bone appeared long and consistent with a tall person’s body. He said the body was not buried and its location was not far from the road.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

My apologies if this article has been posted.

I am curious how you came to that conclusion from the video - I see no reference to them in your link.

From the report that mentioned that particular neighbor I came to a different conclusion; that the 'tip' I read about was likely someone, not necessarily her, who complained that there had been an odor- in fact it could have been several tips from multiple neighbors since, as that Sargent reported, the remains were not far from the road.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

So I haven't seen any reports that say they "DID NOT Call in a report".

To clarify something else, in rural areas, dead animals are not that unusual - a dead dear off the road, a bloated cow in a field, etc.

:cow:

I came to the conclusion because the searcher himself said that he continued to search in other areas "on a hunch" or a "a feeling".

That doesn't sound to me like they were guided to the spot by concerned homeowners, does it to you ??

Lori Hamilton lives just doorsteps from where police say the remains were found. She tells NBC29 her family noticed something unusual in the area in the past few days.

“My husband started smelling things two days ago and saw vultures. And yesterday he was like Lori it really smells bad outside, lets shut the windows,” said Hamilton.

Hamilton says most of the neighbors know each other and would notice suspicious activity. Police have set up a command post just down Old Lynchburg road from Hamilton's home.

Sgt. Dale Terry said his five-person team had finished their search mission near Walnut Creek Park around noon Saturday when something came over him to check nearby properties.

“I don’t know how else to explain it,” he said. “Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”

This very thing occured in Wilmington, NC earlier this year. Police were digging for Shannon Rippy on farmland owned by her landscaper boss and found remains and announced it was Shannon Rippy. But after autopsy, the results showed the remains belonged to Elisha Tucker who had disappeared months before, in Aug 2013, IIRC. Chief Longo is smart by waiting until results to identify these remains. (BTW, Shannon Rippy's remains have yet to be located but a suspect is in jail awaiting trial. There are threads here at WS for both Shannon and Elisha Tucker.)

I have a sneaking suspicion this could be someone else. Too much decomposition in 35 days to leave behind skeletized remains.
I am also surprised they haven't found any leads of suspicious activity at the site leading up to the finding of the body. With so much info about jlm and his cars I think someone should have seem him there on the day of the crime or when he went to dispose the body.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

I have a sneaking suspicion this could be someone else. Too much decomposition in 35 days to leave behind skeletized remains.
I am also surprised they haven't found any leads of suspicious activity at the site leading up to the finding of the body. With so much info about jlm and his cars I think someone should have seem him there on the day of the crime or when he went to dispose the body.

I don't know how much rain it would take to speed along decomposition, but, it has been raining for literally 2 weeks straight here in northern VA (I'm assuming Chville has had the same or similar amounts of rain). Would rain speed up decomp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...... Do you think that LE would call off this massive search for Hannah because they found a skeleton without any personal details around or with the body, say clothing, jewelry -other etc that would lead them to believe it is Hannah? I'm sure there are more skelton remains miss attributed however, this case is so visible, so intense.
......Why involve her parents who are torn apart by this, bring her father to the site without significant evidence and imply that this skeleton is his daughter? Who does that? LE on a hunch ?
That seems very cruel and shoddy and unlike the way Longo has addressed this investigation from the start. So, if all the people involved are jumping to conclusions and racing to a close- what is the benefit? Who profits from creating misinformation about this tragedy? Careers are on the line then, no? Loved ones mocked and taken on an emotional rollercoaster ride, unthinkable.
It makes no sense to jump to a Hannah conclusion, so giving the searchers more credit than that- perhaps they have a big reason to believe it is her and it's not going to be revealed because it's evidence that may be used at trial.

Exactly what I've been remembering....ugh.

I was thinking of this exact case and how they announced they thought they found shannon Rippy but it was in fact Elisha. Such a bizarre case to read about!
Ill wait for comfirmation before i believe its her.

If it was warm and humid, all soft tissue could be gone even in a week (I've seen that happen with dead animals in a warm climate). 35 days is a long time, could well be just bones, some hair maybe. And if there are vultures and other small scavengers they will pick it clean anyway. Sorry to be graphic! :(

I don't know how much rain it would take to speed along decomposition, but, it has been raining for literally 2 weeks straight here in northern VA (I'm assuming Chville has had the same or similar amounts of rain). Would rain speed up decomp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, water and temperature will speed up decomp.

ETA: Also, NOT being buried will result in a much faster decomp than for buried bodies.

Goodnight all. It's taken me 10 hours to catch up.
I hope this is Hannah and that some viable evidence can be gleaned from something left at that site....and that she can soon be put to rest properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper