Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempos story is sketchy I think someone needs to get to the bottom of that one if I were the parents of that girl I would be contacting a lawyer about it

What is sketchy about it? From what we have read, employees there are denying having seen Hannah inside of Tempo. The checker remembers seeing her outside of Tempo with JM. Though there is some mention that someone, some customer thinks s/he saw Hannah in there, how strongly that person will stick to that story is difficult to say. A manager at Tempo says that there was someone in there dressed similarly to Hannah who could have been mistaken for her. With no cameras there, and the margin of error in witness IDs, it's going to be difficult to prove Hannah was in there.

They do say JM was in there, and have the payment receipt for two drinks he bought around the time he had Hannah around him. What he did with the drinks, no one can say. They don't seem to know. Or nothing is so reported. We don't know where Hannah was while JM went into Tempo bought those two drinks. She could have been mulling around in the front of side of the place, she could have snuck in a side door (JM knows the place pretty well it seems), she could have been in there and no one is saying. But can't prove it. What bottom is there to get to in this part of the story? She walked away from Tempo (though not in a brisk, unsupported walk). She was alive by several accounts when she left the Tempo area.

OR, wanted to try to avoid getting certain evidence On them or their clothing.
You'd be as likely to end up with evidence on you if you drag a person. You stir up dirt and dust, run the risk of scraping the person and having them bleed, sweat on them as you bend over them to drag them, etc. Now, if you wrapped them in a bag or tarp, THEN dragged them, you could avoid getting certain evidence on you or your clothing, but if wrapped, carrying them would still work as well. In general, men carry if at all possible. Dragging would be considered weak. JMO.

All possible, yes. I guess he certainly could have had friend down there and the sighting could be legit. I don't have any reason to believe it WASN'T a legit sighting other than the fact it did come in after HG disappeared (you brought up an interesting point about the news of HG not yet being released, but I'd have to go back and see if the Sketch really hadn't been made public yet. You could be right.). Something just seems too coincidental that it would suddenly (b/c it apparently had happened 2 weeks prior) be reported he was sighted. After soooo long.

Anyway, it would be interesting to find out if the call-in was anonymous as ILOKAL wondered.

(Apologies mods if we're OT... sometimes the connections to the threads starts to bleed together.)

Maybe it wasn't so weird about the sighting...maybe the coincidence with HG has more to do with the fact perhaps the Washington and Lee news bulletin only became MSN in light of HG disappearance. Meaning we may never have heard of that sighting in main stream media, if it hasn't seemed as current news relevant?

Thanks. That was a part of my original "theory" and....he might have negotiated a rental agreement that included maintaining the property i.e. mowing the grass, etc. Anyway, the homeowner would be able to answer all of these queries but she was silenced immediately by LE. ?

Yes, the homeowner WAS silenced, but we don't know WHO silenced her because she never said. Some merely assume it was LE. Me? I think it might have been her attorney!

ThinkHard- I just replied to your post #879 on the What do we Know thread b/c I think maybe it fits better there. I've been reprimanded quite recently by a mod for something so I need to self-preserve :)

Maybe it wasn't so weird about the sighting...maybe the coincidence with HG has more to do with the fact perhaps the Washington and Lee news bulletin only became MSN in light of HG disappearance. Meaning we may never have heard of that sighting in main stream media, if it hasn't seemed as current news relevant?

Perhaps, perhaps... I go back to that wdbj7 article though and it says that police wouldn't say why the person "waited so long to report it", which leads me to believe it really was reported 2 weeks after the sighting as opposed to the sighting just being made mainstream in light of HG's disappearance. Although, it's still possible- even if it were a 2 weeks delayed sighting- that we'd never have heard about it if HG hadn't gone missing (oh that would be so upsetting if a sighting of Sketch wasn't reported!)

I DID read the account of the women in the bar the night Hannah went missing, but I don't recall any other comments about him doing that all the time. Of course I just might have missed it. Could you please provide a link?

His friend back from college football days gave two interviews (in a purple polo), during the first he hoped for closure for the Graham's and exoneration for the perp, during the second, after the remains were discovered he confirmed the timeline impression of the perp's social habits. So, it would seem, people who knew him may have refused, I mean beyond knowing they were, but not let themselves make those necessary associations that would help. Now, if people drank with the guy often, on the mall scene and played poker with him otherwise, at some point, you may hear people's gripes. No matter how deceptive he may have been, he had gripes he may have shared sometimes. Those would be good to know. Maybe LE is getting more of this kind of information, pet peeves, etc...

I know people keep making references to hunting and fishing, and being a country boy....but do we actually know that JLM was an outdoorsman type. I just don't see him hunting, and fishing....I see him as one who grew up in the country because his family was poor and it was cheap. Not so much as a country loving boy....but maybe I missed something, and you guys can fill me in.

My impression is that it has been overwhelmingly safe to assume based on numerous reports, confirming and re-confirming the impression. Why does your thinking take you away from that?

His friend back from college football days gave two interviews (in a purple polo), during the first he hoped for closure for the Graham's and exoneration for the perp, during the second, after the remains were discovered he confirmed the timeline impression of the perp's social habits. So, it would seem, people who knew him may have refused, I mean beyond knowing they were, but not let themselves make those necessary associations that would help. Now, if people drank with the guy often, on the mall scene and played poker with him otherwise, at some point, you may hear people's gripes. No matter how deceptive he may have been, he had gripes he may have shared sometimes. Those would be good to know. Maybe LE is getting more of this kind of information, pet peeves, etc...

Thanks FindHG for that information. I'm looking for a source/link saying JLM often picked women up and put them over his soldier like he did those women the night that Hannah disappeared. My post was in reply to a poster who said doing that was something he frequently did. I have not read anything about that particular ongoing behavior, have you?

You'd be as likely to end up with evidence on you if you drag a person. You stir up dirt and dust, run the risk of scraping the person and having them bleed, sweat on them as you bend over them to drag them, etc. Now, if you wrapped them in a bag or tarp, THEN dragged them, you could avoid getting certain evidence on you or your clothing, but if wrapped, carrying them would still work as well. In general, men carry if at all possible. Dragging would be considered weak. JMO.

Also, when you drag, you can leave a trail leading right to the place that you do not want to be noticed. (Without going too far off the subject, I clearly remember a time when I was explaining something to a policeman. My actions had been completely lawful and well-meaning, but there was a strong possibility that they could be misinterpreted. I said, "I dragged it from over there, to here," as I turned and pointed. And to my joy, I noticed for the first time that there was a dramatic trail of crushed vegetation corroborating my story.)

Thanks FindHG for that information. I'm looking for a source/link saying JLM often picked women up and put them over his soldier like he did those women the night that Hannah disappeared. My post was in reply to a poster who said doing that was something he frequently did. I have not read anything about that particular ongoing behavior, have you?

Just that stand up interview with the guy in the purple shirt who had a hard time believing he was capable of such atrocious acts. During the second interview he went into some detail about the perp's social habits that confirms what the Barefoot timeline depicts with the women the night of the 13th. I'm sure a link was posted of both interviews, sorry for not looking for it, just now. Hope that helps a bit. Oh, the guy in the purple shirt specifically stated that the perp didn't engage in lots of convo, but he was touchy feelly, liked picking people up, that kind of thing.

Thinking...the report was issued to students in the Tuesday after Hannah went missing, she was reported missing on that Monday....which means they wouldn't have even been showing the videos, or made the MH connection to pass around the sketches at that point. And if the call really was 2 weeks prior....I doubt it was the HG case that prompted the sighting....so weird huh!

I wonder if he had friends down in Lexington, maybe he would go down to visit....go out and party.....the report states the sighting was off campus...but since it was reported that way, it makes me think it was a student, who was off campus when it happened who reported it. I wonder if maybe this person is friends, with whoever jesse might be friends with down in Lexington. Maybe met him at a house? Or out at a bar? Perhaps it was a female, and he got too touchy with her, or assaulted her....and her delay in reporting had to do with feeling shame, or maybe she kept questioning if she thought it was really him? Just thoughts...

Really strange. While I can see the resemblance between the sketch and JM now that he's been identified as a suspect, I personally don't think I would have made the connection if I had just seen JM on the street. I guess it could have always been someone other than JM, or a tip could have been called in by someone very familiar with the MH case who had that image deeply ingrained in their mind. Either way, the timing is certainly interesting.

That was me,. I think. There was a post on FB that seemed legitimate - very early on - about how he "rescued" a girl from a fight scene in high school by throwing her over his shoulder and pulling her away from the scene. Then, in Coy's interviews from the night Hannah disappeared two separate women said he picked them up and flung him over his shoulders (seemingly at the same time, but that could be how I'm misreading it). I'll look for the link to the latter which is all we can link here anyway and edit if I find it.

JM could have easily carried Hannah, but the fact of the matter is that it's easier to drag them, IMO. I could not have carried Hannah, for instance. She's taller and heavier than I am by quite a bit. But I could drag her fairly easily. Could even drag JM, for that matter, though not easily. I don't think the terrain in a yard is that problematic for dragging.

My guess is that Hannah was drugged into daze, given what the checker at Tempo described about her condition just before she left the mall. JM probably helped her out of the car and guided her in walk to whereve he wanted to abuse her, and then just dragged the body by the feet to the dry creek. Easier than bending and lifting a prone body from the ground and cleaner. I doubt if he cared of the evidence being stirred up while dragging. I'm sure that is what LE was searching for, seeking in that yard. Hopefully JM left some evidence that he was right here with Hannah, because that would likely clinch a conviction. But it's been a while since he left here, the carrion birds have picked a lot of Hannah's body to a skeleton, and it's rained as well. How much DNA evidence could be left there for LE to find placing JM at the spot?

Two thoughts....I believe I read that JLM was astranged from his mom? Did anyone else read this? I wonder if so, for how long, and if presently try were on speaking terms. I just question how often he would have been visiting mom, if they weren't on good terms.

My other thought is JLM worked in Cville, volunteered in Cville, and enjoyed Cville nightlife....I'd think he'd be more likely to live closer then a 25 minute commute to Cville downtown. There's plenty of places to rent for all sorts of different prices. That house seems a little far out for him to consider it for a rental.

Real estate in Cville is insanely expensive - to rent or purchase - I know tons of people who live 25-45 mins away from Cville and commute to work simply due to the cost of housing in the city.

Really strange. While I can see the resemblance between the sketch and JM now that he's been identified as a suspect, I personally don't think I would have made the connection if I had just seen JM on the street. I guess it could have always been someone other than JM, or a tip could have been called in by someone very familiar with the MH case who had that image deeply ingrained in their mind. Either way, the timing is certainly interesting.

Or a friend of his, to cover his tracks, who can really know? But this is old and has been looked into already by LE.

Real estate in Cville is insanely expensive - to rent or purchase - I know tons of people who live 25-45 mins away from Cville and commute to work simply due to the cost of housing in the city.

I guess expensive is relative...people say this about Cville but I never really thought it. I did not find rent to be expensive there. Not that it was a cheap place to live....it just seemed there was a lot of varied living options, and a preference to be closer in.

Very true.....I did "assume" LE but you are quite right about the possibility of it being an attorney!

Imo, Charlie Chan, it was ACPD/LE that advised the vacant property owner and others to remain silent; refuse media interviews.

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/
EXCLUSIVE: WHERE HANNAH WAS FOUND
POSTED ON OCT 19, 2014
<sniped & BBM>

Another source with whom I have spoken just this morning, confirms that on Sunday October 5, a long-time resident of Albemarle County drove by this residence and noticed an unusual flurry of buzzards behind the home.
Earlier the following morning, Monday October 6, this same man stopped his car at this residence and looked around. The buzzards had gone. This man knew the home to be a rental that was not currently lived in.
He walked the property, but only briefly since he felt odd that he was trespassing. He got back in his car and left.
Later that same morning, at exactly 9:45am October 6, he called the tip line, reported the address&#8212; 3193 Old Lynchburg Road&#8212; and said he&#8217;d noticed the buzzards. He also reported that he was concerned the property had not yet been adequately searched since the home was not currently lived in.

Albemarle County Tax Records list the property owner as Phyllis Campbell, who is noted as residing just a few miles to the south on Plank Road.
I called her home this morning. When I informed the woman who answered that I was a reporter, calling to ask about 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, she kindly replied, &#8220;We were told not to talk to the media about this.&#8221;
&#8220;Were you asked not to do this by the Albemarle County Police?&#8221; I asked.
&#8220;I&#8217;m not allowed to say,&#8221; she replied.
&#8220;Is this because it&#8217;s where they found the remains of the missing girl?&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m really not supposed to say,&#8221; she answered. &#8220;We&#8217;re not allowed to talk about it.&#8221;
I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

Originally Posted by Charlie Chan View Post

Yes, the homeowner WAS silenced, but we don't know WHO silenced her because she never said. Some merely assume it was LE. Me? I think it might have been her attorney!

Very true.....I did "assume" LE but you are quite right about the possibility of it being an attorney!

Imo, Charlie Chan and ILOKAL, it was ACPD/LE that advised the vacant property owner/s as well as others to remain silent; refuse media interviews. Likely due to the unexplained lapse of time from when the buzzard's tip was called in by the aware citizen and when HG's remains were eventually located 13 days later. This critical tip was obviously ignored and never followed up on by LE.. The tipster, although likely advised to remain silent, was concerned that the property had not yet been adequately searched and reached out to media in frustration... jmo

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/
EXCLUSIVE: WHERE HANNAH WAS FOUND
POSTED ON OCT 19, 2014
<sniped & BBM>

Another source with whom I have spoken just this morning, confirms that on Sunday October 5, a long-time resident of Albemarle County drove by this residence and noticed an unusual flurry of buzzards behind the home.
Earlier the following morning, Monday October 6, this same man stopped his car at this residence and looked around. The buzzards had gone. This man knew the home to be a rental that was not currently lived in.
He walked the property, but only briefly since he felt odd that he was trespassing. He got back in his car and left.
Later that same morning, at exactly 9:45am October 6, he called the tip line, reported the address&#8212; 3193 Old Lynchburg Road&#8212; and said he&#8217;d noticed the buzzards. He also reported that he was concerned the property had not yet been adequately searched since the home was not currently lived in.

Albemarle County Tax Records list the property owner as Phyllis Campbell, who is noted as residing just a few miles to the south on Plank Road.
I called her home this morning. When I informed the woman who answered that I was a reporter, calling to ask about 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, she kindly replied, &#8220;We were told not to talk to the media about this.&#8221;
&#8220;Were you asked not to do this by the Albemarle County Police?&#8221; I asked.
&#8220;I&#8217;m not allowed to say,&#8221; she replied.
&#8220;Is this because it&#8217;s where they found the remains of the missing girl?&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m really not supposed to say,&#8221; she answered. &#8220;We&#8217;re not allowed to talk about it.&#8221;
I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84