Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Schilling Show (local radio news show) counts as MSM, here's the statement. However, it is the only place I've found it in print.

"Sources familiar with the Covenant School affirm that Matthew held a position there as a “volunteer assistant football” coach. Jesse Matthew allegedly was present in his coaching capacity at last Friday night’s game vs. Massanutten Military Academy in Woodstock, Virginia.

Matthew did not attend a scheduled Covenant team meeting on Saturday morning, sources say.

Phone and email confirmation inquiries to Covenant School headmaster, George Sanker, were not returned by publication time."

http://www.schillingshow.com/2014/09/23/breaking-news-poi-matthew-worked-as-covenant-football-coach/

look at the football schedule for the school he is talking about saturday the 20th

He showed up at the game the Friday night before meeting Hannah, did not make that 9/13 meeting the next day. Showed up again at the 9/19 game, but again, did not show up at the Saturday morning meeting. But from what I read from that parent on the board, that was not uncommon for him not to show up at the post game meeting. He was a volunteer assistant coach, not a paid member of the coaching team, and so he had leeway on what he attended. I could see someone up for the fun of the games and not for the morning after talks. He doesn't seem to be a Saturday morning type given what he likes to do late Friday night/early morning..

I agree with your post. My son-in-law is a "volunteer coach" for a similar type of school. He keeps stats and films the games, and is often in the press box during games. Sometimes he rides on the bus, and sometimes he drives his own car to games. He is also not required to attend practices or meetings. If someone didn't "see him" at the game, it doesn't mean JM wasn't there.

Nope. It can't be 100% ruled out, can it? JM could certainly say he met up with someone he knew to whom he owed money, who said he'd take Hannah home, and that guy could have been a trafficking ring buyer. Maybe JM's lawyer could hint of those connections, possibilities and that could be enough reasonable doubt for JM to walk in a trial if there are people like you on the jury and lack of any evidence that harm occurred to Hannah in JM's car or by JM. Real possibiity here, right?

And I'm not being facetious. Maybe she was looking for some secret love at the mall, JM dropped her off at a place she designated and she went off with him. Maybe he made a pass and she jumped out of the car and ran away, tripped somewhere, broke her leg and fell iinto a ditch and still is there. Maybe,she and JM went somewhere, had sex, forced or not, and she disappeared on him while he fell asleep afterwards. Maybe he dropped her off and an assailant got her while she was walking home. Unless LE has some strong evidence showing that some harm came to her in that car with JM, you can see that there are a lot of possibilities and yes, JLM could be part of a Human Trafficking ring as well. Right now the whole thing is to find Hannah or what happened to her, and regardless JM holds the key as to what the next step in her journey since she was last seen with him.

JLM will not get away from punishment for his crimes - he is going to FRY. LE has enough different kinds of evidence, a consistent MO over time and with multiple victims. They have WAY more evidence and way more victims than we know about right now. His dirty, despicable evil predator goose is cooked to a crisp.

JLM will not get away from punishment for his crimes - he is going to FRY. LE has enough different kinds of evidence, a consistent MO over time and with multiple victims. They have WAY more evidence and way more victims than we know about right now. His dirty, despicable evil predator goose is cooked to a crisp.

Of course, once he's put away for life - the crazies among the female sex will start writing him and proposing marriage. Just like with Bundy, just like with the Boston Marathon Bomber. One of my daughter's best friends in high school, a sweet Christian girl, had a prom date with a guy that was a bad dude. Ended up in prison for killing a live-in girlfriend's child. The sweet girl became obsessed with the guy, wrote, 'witnessed to' and visited him, stuck with him though he was put into solitary for actions while inside, then she married him when he got out. Haven't heard how that has turned out. We were appalled by her obsession.

For all you veteran Sleuthers- was the search for MH as large and well-publicized as this search for Hannah? I remember hearing about it of course, but I'm a newb here at WS, and I certainly was not as "down the rabbit hole" so to speak back then. I've felt a big connection with Hannah and the person she seems to be- quick witted, sharp tongued, whip smart, loved by all. Not to mention, I have a younger sister who is in college and would lose my mind if anything happened to her. I just wondered about the comparison between this search and Morgan's since it took 3+ months to find her. (Not accounting for the fact that if JM is responsible for both, he may have taken more care to hide a body/evidence after MH was found.)

I read the replies to your question, and I find it interesting that posts differed on how much coverage Morgan's case got. Everyone has a different interpretation of it, which is likely also due to the passing of time. The amount of coverage a case gets is not subjective...the number of articles and segments is measurable...but people's views on how widespread the publicity is do. I also wonder if the posters who said the case got a lot of coverage followed the case b/c I notice that the cases I follow, I tend to hear about a lot more, likely because I seek them out.

Source?

I agree it's unlikely. I don't agree it's any more unlikely than dealing with a serial killer, which seems to be the other option here.

I don't think there are good statistics for people "like Hannah" who "vanish without a trace." The average life expectancy of someone involved in the sex trade is seven years. They often don't live to escape and tell their story.

The Polaris Project clearly states trafficking cuts across race, nationality, gender, age, and socioeconomic background. http://www.polarisproject.org/human-trafficking/human-trafficking-

BBM - I would say she was vulnerable in some way.

faqs#Do victims always come from a low-income or poor background?
Who is at risk of becoming a victim of human trafficking?
Since human trafficking victims can be men or women, adults or children, and foreign nationals or U.S. citizens, trafficking is a crime that cuts across race, nationality, gender, age, and socio-economic background. However, human traffickers typically prey on individuals who are vulnerable in some way. Some examples of high risk populations include undocumented migrants, runaways and at-risk youth, and oppressed or marginalized groups. Click here to learn about red flags and potential indicators.

how would you say she was vulnerable because imo the clearly are not talking about someone being vulnerable because they went out and got drunk one night ... the quote you linked its basically confirming my point.

from the site you linked:

Traffickers often prey on people who are hoping for a better life, lack employment opportunities, have an unstable home life, or have a history of sexual abuse - conditions that are present in all spheres of society.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/may/humantrafficking_050908

The majority of victims in FBI human trafficking cases are women and young girls from Central American and Asian countries. They are primarily forced into the commercial sex industry and, like the young teen from Haiti, domestic servitude. Men and boys are typically victimized in the migrant farming, restaurant, and other service-related industries. However, there are an increasing number of young males being forced into the commercial sex industry as well.

But not all of the victims of human trafficking in the U.S. are foreign nationals; some are American citizens or residents. For example, an Anchorage man was found guilty in February of recruiting young women—mostly runaways from other parts of the country—to work for him as prostitutes.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2006/june/humantrafficking_061206

How are victims “recruited”? Sometimes by force, but usually by fraud. Victims are lured away from family and friends by the promise of a better life, often in another country. For traffickers, there’s no shortage of victims—people eager for higher-paying jobs and other opportunities in distant cities and nations.

I'd love to see just one link to where a white upper middle class woman who is a pre-med student making straight As and comes from a stable home, parents still married, is trafficked. Particularly trafficked by being just snatched off the street. Hollywood movies don't count.

If you read John Whiteheads article not even he is suggesting Hannah was trafficked in fact I can't see any reason why her name is in the article other than he is using the attention this case is getting to get clicks.

Serial killing is unlikely to happen to anyone generally BUT when she was last seen with a guy, LE had some evidence to have probable cause to get a warrant for this guys arrest for abducting with the intent to defile, and this guy is linked (by DNA according to unnamed LE sources) to at least a murder and a rape. The chances that you are a victim of serial killing is very good.

As opposed to trafficking where I have seen zero evidence suggesting this is trafficking beyond the fact that she is a missing female and zero evidence that he was ever involved in trafficking.

Do you remember a field in Keswick, pertaining to JM's past connections, aerial view. Way out there, this one, but there was a pole, right at the center. It stood out. Is there some way to explain it? I didn't notice anything like it before.

Of course, once he's put away for life - the crazies among the female sex will start writing him and proposing marriage. Just like with Bundy, just like with the Boston Marathon Bomber. One of my daughter's best friends in high school, a sweet Christian girl, had a prom date with a guy that was a bad dude. Ended up in prison for killing a live-in girlfriend's child. The sweet girl became obsessed with the guy, wrote, 'witnessed to' and visited him, stuck with him though he was put into solitary for actions while inside, then she married him when he got out. Haven't heard how that has turned out. We were appalled by her obsession.

Maybe, maybe not. There are likely thousands of murderers in jail who are not the recipients of love letters, fans, and obsessions. Both Bundy and the Boston Bomber guy are seen as more "attractive" than JM, plus Bundy is one of the most prolific American serial killers of all time, and the Boston Bomber guy was on the cover of Rolling Stone (ugh) plus he is/was a teenager (not sure his age at the moment).

Also Bundy and the Boston Bomber's crimes are confirmed, while JM's notoriety is extremely exaggerated at this point, since he has not been charged w/ any murders.

The possibilities of what happened are infinite. I saw a guy on Dr. Phil yesterday who honestly thought he was talking to his girlfriend on the phone from heaven. ok. (Dr. Phil JUST happened to be on TV, disclaimer here).
The realities of what happened to Hannah are finite. Based on the evidence we have been given, and where the intense searching is going on, and who is behind bars, I believe, at this time, she is hidden around C'ville, and JM is responsible. JMHO.

I read the replies to your question, and I find it interesting that posts differed on how much coverage Morgan's case got. Everyone has a different interpretation of it, which is likely also due to the passing of time. The amount of coverage a case gets is not subjective...the number of articles and segments is measurable...but people's views on how widespread the publicity is do. I also wonder if the posters who said the case got a lot of coverage followed the case b/c I notice that the cases I follow, I tend to hear about a lot more, likely because I seek them out.

Absolutely agree, Eileen. I think most of the coverage I saw was on web sleuths. I read religiously, and it made watching the news unimportant for info. So how much coverage a case gets is really "In the eye of the beholder" so to speak. Unless you take an interest and seek out the info, you will always see less coverage, because the general news is always filled with the next New missing person (sad to say)

My husband worked for the ACPD during the MH investigation. They chose to not be as public about it as Chief Longo has been.

It has recently been reported that the search for Hannah is focused around an "8 mile radius". I find this somewhat specific. I am not familiar with how cell phone pings and towers work, but could this specified search area be related to tracking Jesse's cell phone location on the night Hannah disappeared? Another possibility could include gas and mileage in the car, if they were able to locate information from receipts or Credit Card purchases or video of him filling up with gas before or after the disappearance. I just think there is some reason the search is focused within a specific area (8 mile and radius being the key words). Why not a broader number like 10 miles within Charlottesville or 20 miles east? Any thoughts?

It has recently been reported that the search for Hannah is focused around an "8 mile radius". I find this somewhat specific. I am not familiar with how cell phone pings and towers work, but could this specified search area be related to tracking Jesse's cell phone location on the night Hannah disappeared? Another possibility could include gas and mileage in the car, if they were able to locate information from receipts or Credit Card purchases or video of him filling up with gas before or after the disappearance. I just think there is some reason the search is focused within a specific area (8 mile and radius being the key words). Why not a broader number like 10 miles within Charlottesville or 20 miles east? Any thoughts?

I think, no inside info here, that the info is either from cell phone data and I have no idea how that might work, and what time JM was first seen on Saturday. He had to leave Tempo, go to wherever and get back Didn't make football team meeting that morning, but that was not uncommon for him. The earliest time ANYONE could have placed him that Saturday after last being seen at Tempo could be crucial info. If he bought gas or was ided anywhere that would be such a bonus He's not exactly a blend into the woodwork type of guy with his size and hair do.

Hopefully, LE is right, because, yes, if he had gone outside that radius, that area is outside the focus points. But I'm told that it's a tough go even searching even that much terrain and there is a lot that cannot be searched--private properties One can only hope the dogs can maybe detect something, that they get lucky in their search. That's 200 squ miles to search, a daunting task And if there is deep water, deep crevices, moutain sides within that area, how on earth to get each square mile, let alone sq ft?

Given that JLM was reportedly an avid fisher, I wish LE would organize a team of local fishers to work with SAR people. I live south of Charlottesville, and I know from experience that local fishers don't hesitate to trespass if the fishing is good and they think they can get away with it. There's a lake on our community's property, supposedly closed to outsiders, which has been completely fished out by trespassers who think nothing of crossing our properties at midnight or 3AM, if necessary, to get to the lake and fish without getting thrown out. I don't doubt for a minute that JLM knew all the good fishing spots south of town, where he grew up, and many of these were likely not accessible without trespassing. Some of these locations may not have been adequately searched because the property owners were not responsive to LE's requests for permission. I realize that local LE appealed to local fishers to search locations where JLM likely fished, but my impression is that most of the fishers who trespass our property aren't sufficiently media-savvy to have gotten the message. They're very good at littering, however! That's how we know they've been here.

I am wodering about the field MH was found in.

Some have said that it was only accidental that she was found.

The farm is in a wealthy area. Does he hire kids to work on it? Did one of pervs friends work on it? Did he go on it as a child?

The owner is a cattle rancher. What month do they do haying there?

Do the cattle go in the fields and eat the hay, or does the farmer hay the field?

I looked on a weather map and it says that there was no moon that night. If he was wearing a headlamp. No one eould notice it?

I cannot see anyone walking there in the pitch black.

I am wondering about this as to give ideas to where he may have brought HG.

My husband worked for the ACPD during the MH investigation. They chose to not be as public about it as Chief Longo has been.

I think it was a frustration point with MH's parents that LE working on the MH case did not go as public as Chief Longo has A lot has to do with the PC in charge and also that MH disappeared in a place, at a time where it just wasn't possible to pinpoint any person or direction. People saw her there, and then she was gone, and no clue as to who was last with her at that point. Hard to chase anything down with a concert letting out and all that traffic.

WIth Hannah, it's pretty clear she left with JM. He does hold an important key as to where she went next. Finger pointing right at him. With MH, no such direction. LE literally did not have a clue,

I read it is because that is the radius most SK use to place rheir victims Although wasn't MH 10 miles out?

I am wodering about the field MH was found in.

Some have said that it was only accidental that she was found.

The farm is in a wealthy area. Does he hire kids to work on it? Did one of pervs friends work on it? Did he go on it as a child?

The owner is a cattle rancher. What month do they do haying there?

Do the cattle go in the fields and eat the hay, or does the farmer hay the field?

I looked on a weather map and it says that there was no moon that night. If he was wearing a headlamp. No one eould notice it?

I cannot see anyone walking there in the pitch black.

I am wondering about this as to give ideas to where he may have brought HG.

It was in waist high grass, in the middle of such a field, quite the distance from any road, that MH was found. Yes, it was quite an accident. The farmer saw something unusual when he was checking on his fencing and went over to see what it was. It was January, I believe when the grass was not as thick. The body was terribly beaten up, bones broken. From what I have read, it was not an easily accessible spot and to do that at night would have been particularly difficult. No path just lots of high thick grass. JM would have had to have driven his car as close as possible to access there and then hauled her body from vehicle to that spot. At night that would have really been treacherous. who knows if he did it in the dark or in the early morning light where he could at least see where he was going. My guess is that he may have done the same with Hannah somewhere. He left the are around 2 AM. When is sun rise? Not many people around and about very early Saturday morning and he would have light so doesn't fall into a ditch (don't you wish) or get hurt.

My guess, pure guess here, is that he pitched her into lake or stream. He fishes, would know some spots that would keep secrets. In this case, he had to know that he'd be placed with Hannah. He was right there in the open with her. Likely she'd say she was a UVA student. Tempo patrons and staff saw him. He left a credit card receipt right before leaving. Unlike MH, he was very much likely to be IDed to be with her. Or maybe he just doesn't think. But that Hannah is yet unfound, I think he did put some thought in where he dumped her. Not right out in a field like MH. Dredging some lakes, rivers is a huge job and even then when one is pretty sure the item is there, it is not found.

So true, SolVol.. Theodore Robert Cowell/Ted Bundy, was married while on FL's death row and fathered a child; a little girl.. A fast food restaurant in FL has 'Bundy Fries' on their menu..
Just can't make this stuff up.. Sadly, if you ask people to name one of his victims...They can't...--> http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/the-earthly-remains-revisiting-ted-bundy#.VDPxk_ldXKE

<sniped - read more>

There were many things about Ted Bundy that infuriated the public during the nearly fifteen years he spent in the public eye. He was arrogant to the point of hubris (he had been a law student before he was arrested, and insisted on representing himself pro se during both of his Florida trials), and believed himself to be far more intelligent than any of the investigators or prosecutors assigned to his case. He complained bitterly about his “wrongful” imprisonment, but was clearly delighted with his newfound fame—not least because of how many letters he received from women offering him money, sympathy, and sex. While on death row, he married and fathered a daughter, and enjoyed regular visits from his family.

Given that JLM was reportedly an avid fisher, I wish LE would organize a team of local fishers to work with SAR people. I live south of Charlottesville, and I know from experience that local fishers don't hesitate to trespass if the fishing is good and they think they can get away with it. There's a lake on our community's property, supposedly closed to outsiders, which has been completely fished out by trespassers who think nothing of crossing our properties at midnight or 3AM, if necessary, to get to the lake and fish without getting thrown out. I don't doubt for a minute that JLM knew all the good fishing spots south of town, where he grew up, and many of these were likely not accessible without trespassing. Some of these locations may not have been adequately searched because the property owners were not responsive to LE's requests for permission. I realize that local LE appealed to local fishers to search locations where JLM likely fished, but my impression is that most of the fishers who trespass our property aren't sufficiently media-savvy to have gotten the message. They're very good at littering, however! That's how we know they've been here.

Great idea. Personally, I think that is JM's best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV