Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a sleuther's theory shared on one of the many pages of the MH Websleuths thread. I remembered it, and shared it here. No LE link. No media link. Just a websleuther's theory. I'm not even going to read through all those pages trying to find the posts regarding the discussion. When I shared this information here on this thread I indicated it was a websleuther's theory. The idea/theory is not completely out of the question, as LE and MH's family doesn't share everything with us.

I worry that he may have changed his disposal method as well. Morgan was left in a hayfield that was not only extremely remote, but reportedly had hay that was waist high. JM probably thought that there was virtually no chance that she'd ever be found due to those factors, but she was. My fear is he may have placed Hannah in an old well or similar.

ksj3, I don't believe that Morgan's remains were "washed" anywhere or had moved in any way at all. Is this your belief, or have you read something about that possibility? I'd be interested to hear your theory or see any links.

Aside from never seeing any information suggesting that, there was black clothing and a bracelet found with the remains (sources here and here) that, IMO, very likely would have been displaced if her remains had been moved in any way. I have never seen any reports stating that her skeleton was disarticulated or missing any bones either, which again, would likely be the case if her remains moved.

I believe there are topo maps linked in the Morgan Harrington websleuths thread. I do recall looking at them. They are definitely worth viewing.

Thank you! Very interesting indeed. If that did perhaps occur, it could change things. I'm interested in seeing topo maps of the area now. If she was indeed in another location originally, then obviously the access route taken by JM could have been easier than previously thought and could potentially provide further clues for where to search for Hannah.

BBM The well theory is something I've been considering also. There was a missing woman found in an city's abandoned manhole/water system (Omaha, NE) A Hells Angel was charged with her murder. This is why the theory of wells and manholes always enter my thoughts.

I worry that he may have changed his disposal method as well. Morgan was left in a hayfield that was not only extremely remote, but reportedly had hay that was waist high. JM probably thought that there was virtually no chance that she'd ever be found due to those factors, but she was. My fear is he may have placed Hannah in an old well or similar.

ksj3, I don't believe that Morgan's remains were "washed" anywhere or had moved in any way at all. Is this your belief, or have you read something about that possibility? I'd be interested to hear your theory or see any links.

Aside from never seeing any information suggesting that, there was black clothing and a bracelet found with the remains (sources here and here) that, IMO, very likely would have been displaced if her remains had been moved in any way. I have never seen any reports stating that her skeleton was disarticulated or missing any bones either, which again, would likely be the case if her remains moved.

I have a friend who owns a convenience store. He has cameras all over that produce a sharp image.

Some kids broke in one night and they were busted because of the excellent quality of the pictures.

Businesses should all look into better cameras

His pictures are on disks and he keeps them forever,

I wonder if any businesses there have such quality of cameras

The tips are slowing down for Charlottesville police as they continue the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. Investigators are still pleading with the public to come forward with information about the case.

A number of investigators are working around the clock on the Graham case - but they still need information about where Matthew went after he was seen with Graham on downtown mall. Police want to know if anyone spotted his burnt orange car or Matthew himself between September 13 and September 14.

Police say most of the tips they received came in during the first 10 days of the investigation.

Police still want people outside the immediate downtown Charlottesville area to review any surveillance video they might have. Investigators want to see if Matthew or Graham were captured on it.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26698306/tips-slow-in-hannah-graham-investigation

The Jacob Wetterling case got 40,000 tips within the first year (maybe sooner). Unfortunately, Jacob is still missing and no one has been arrested 25 years later...

I agree. These past few weeks I keep wondering why so few businesses with cameras.

Read a mention a bit back about some Cville businesses not wanting them. Not sure why any business owner wouldn't consider it. You always have proof of anything that happens.

I have a friend who owns a convenience store. He has cameras all over that produce a sharp image.

Some kids broke in one night and they were busted because of the excellent quality of the pictures.

Businesses should all look into better cameras

His pictures are on disks and he keeps them forever,

I wonder if any businesses there have such quality of cameras

JM racked up speeding tickets in Madison County in '10 and another in Green County '07, both around Christmas. The one in '10 was a about a month before Morgan Harrington was found. The one in '07 was soon after receiving his taxi lic. Maybe a ritualistically recklessness on a high of some sort takes him to what is sacred ground for him? Is there anyway to get the exact address for those tickets? As those two point lay on the map from the timeline, the area between them looks pretty remote. Is that part of the area that has already been considered for the search?

What would be the quickest route out of town if JM's car was parked in the 4th st parking garage area? (not saying he was parked in the garage as it was closed IIRC) JM was driving with an expired license, he renewed it the FRI before he skipped town, so IMO, he would have taken the fastest route out of the populated area if Hannah was indeed in his car.

Would kind of depend on Hannah's state - if he was offering her a ride, would he have made a pretense of driving towards where she thought she was going?

If he went direct, looking for a remote location I'd guess 5th south to Old Lynchburg rd; my 2nd choice would've been JPA towards Fontaine / Reservoir. I'd assume he'd avoid 64 because of State police (and cameras) and going too far west and north, there's a lot of congestion and police. Finally, he could've picked up 20 towards Monticello, but I think there may be more "eyes" in that direction.

The other thing is that I think he grew up south of the city - kind of think he'd tend to go in the direction he felt safest.

man they sent the drone home pretty unceremoniously. I was kind of hoping it would find her.

I am still very curious as to why he needed all those latex gloves in Texas....at a camp site on the beach. What could he have possibly needed them for ? Any Ideas ?

This is the first I'm hearing of latex gloves in Texas. Could you please provide a link, or more explanation to what you're referring to?

It appears from watching the video that two latex gloves were left in the area around his campsite, but no one made mention of it, and not sure if they were his. Maybe other WS'ers can weigh in if they think there is something to this.

This is the third time black latex gloves have come up in this case. Check here for the first two mentions, a searcher and boxes of gloves being removed from his apartment: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-257318-p-4.html

Hmm.

Edit - Well, I guess these weren't specified as black in the comments. Are they in the video? I can't watch it, house is sleeping. :)

This is the third time black latex gloves have come up in this case. Check here for the first two mentions, a searcher and boxes of gloves being removed from his apartment: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-257318-p-4.html

Hmm.

Edit - Well, I guess these weren't specified as black in the comments. Are they in the video? I can't watch it, house is sleeping. :)

In the still shots I saw, the gloves were regular beige colored...but I haven't watched the video.

Hmm.

They were beige, thank goodness. I was scared we were gonna have to talk about latex gloves for three days again.

Hunters start hunting tomorrow and they will join 150 LE in the forests lets hope they find a clue to where Hannah is.

Would kind of depend on Hannah's state - if he was offering her a ride, would he have made a pretense of driving towards where she thought she was going?

If he went direct, looking for a remote location I'd guess 5th south to Old Lynchburg rd; my 2nd choice would've been JPA towards Fontaine / Reservoir. I'd assume he'd avoid 64 because of State police (and cameras) and going too far west and north, there's a lot of congestion and police. Finally, he could've picked up 20 towards Monticello, but I think there may be more "eyes" in that direction.

The other thing is that I think he grew up south of the city - kind of think he'd tend to go in the direction he felt safest.

After Morgan Harrington was found so close to home for him, so to speak, he may have thought to go further away from home, in an other direction?

Doubtful about Monticello. I used to work there and the security is really tight.

Remember, the Cassandra Morton killer (possibly JLM) didn't put her body on main campus, but on remote property owned by Liberty U. There may be remote areas of Monticello and even UVA (he could be angry because of his debt, garnishment of wages, anything) by UVA) that are not visited often.

I don't know how to find which properties the Carr family owned (William, George and Thomas) or if they are now historical sites, but it is a possibility he had visited these sites looking for where his ancestors worked as slaves. His grandmother's name is Carr, but I don't know if that's her married name or her own family name coming from the slave days when slaves took on the surnames of the families they worked for and kept those names after slavery was abolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout