Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between rednecks, hunters, territorial property owners and dogs, farm hands, cops and Virginia's strict trespassing laws, I don't see how JM would risk it.
And if it is a horse farm, forget about it. He would have to be practically suicidal to trespass on a horse farm. I just can't shake the feeling that if he left her on private property, he knew that there werent the usual "security" measures in place and that the farm wasn't a working farm..

Anchorage farm had no livestock where MH was found. They also had problems with trespassers to hunt including spotlighting deer.

There are lots of farms without livestock, just hay fields and woods aplenty.

Anchorage farm had no livestock where MH was found. They also had problems with trespassers to hunt including spotlighting deer.

There are lots of farms without livestock, just hay fields and woods aplenty.

I am hoping that if SAR isn't successful, the hunters, legal or not, will stumble upon something soon. Maybe LE can offer immunity to someone that spots something or knows something, but is hesitant to come forward because they themselves were involved with illegal activities when they saw it.

^this! I have a hard time believing JM, who grew up around here, would just waltz right onto private property unless he KNEW the owners/hands wouldn't see him. other farmers look out for each other too. I have gotten called by neighboring farms because they noticed things I didn't. And if I were to be away for an extended period of time, they would be looking out for my property.

There are always properties that are not as carefully watched. Not so much just the properties, but the access roads to them. Private but maybe no one really knows who owns them. Might be where JM took his " conquests" rather to his place or theirs. Where to go to smoke some joints. Maybe a creek or stream or pond with a little fishing. You get to know such areas if that's your thing. Some of our family farms are that way. Most of the time you stand a very good chance of no one noticing you going on the property.

Also remember this is 2-3AM. If the property, and it doesn't have to be a farm, doesn't have neighbors near by, it's very possible to go up the access road. Turn out the light of the car even. I don't think this would be a new place for him. He already knows it. Might even be close enough, that he could say, Oops missed a turn, let me turn in here,and he knows that he's a good distance from anyone else right there, and could start getting down to business. Or Hannah's drugged and out, and he just has to drag her out of the car.

The thing is, if he drugged her, and I think there is a good chance he did; a drink before leaving the mall, and then she's slumping? He's not going to have much trouble. How long do those things typically last? Those date rape type drugs?But I think he just left her there--enough ditches and foliage that it would be hard to find, but more importantly as private property, the police dogs, volunteers aren't going to go there.

Yes, but at 2-3am, even a helpful neighbor (who is probably at least 2 acres away) could miss a huge black man trapsing around your property.

JM, I would guess with his proclivities, has probably been practicing lurking unseen from a young age in these places.

The thing is, if he drugged her, and I think there is a good chance he did; a drink before leaving the mall, and then she's slumping? He's not going to have much trouble. How long do those things typically last? Those date rape type drugs?But I think he just left her there--enough ditches and foliage that it would be hard to find, but more importantly as private property, the police dogs, volunteers aren't going to go there.

I doubt there was a struggle. Re: Rohypnol - "The drug’s effects begin within 30 minutes, peak within 2 hours, and may persist for up to 8 hours or more, depending upon the dosage. A single dose of Rohypnol, as small as 1 mg., can produce effects for 8-12 hours after ingestion." http://www.bu.edu/police/prevention/rohypnol_fact_sheet.htm

I am hoping that if SAR isn't successful, the hunters, legal or not, will stumble upon something soon. Maybe LE can offer immunity to someone that spots something or knows something, but is hesitant to come forward because they themselves were involved with illegal activities when they saw it.

LE said, they have forensics, anyone hesitant needn't fear their association, just help find Hannah Graham. Help bring some peace to her family and so many others hurt by JM's raping and killing.

There are always properties that are not as carefully watched. Not so much just the properties, but the access roads to them. Private but maybe no one really knows who owns them. Might be where JM took his " conquests" rather to his place or theirs. Where to go to smoke some joints. Maybe a creek or stream or pond with a little fishing. You get to know such areas if that's your thing. Some of our family farms are that way. Most of the time you stand a very good chance of no one noticing you going on the property.

Also remember this is 2-3AM. If the property, and it doesn't have to be a farm, doesn't have neighbors near by, it's very possible to go up the access road. Turn out the light of the car even. I don't think this would be a new place for him. He already knows it. Might even be close enough, that he could say, Oops missed a turn, let me turn in here,and he knows that he's a good distance from anyone else right there, and could start getting down to business. Or Hannah's drugged and out, and he just has to drag her out of the car.

For some reason, the oops, let me turn around here, sends chills down my spine. What a perfect excuse!
I've asked it many times but have yet to get a definitive answer: was JM involved with drugs? IMO, that could fell us a lot about possible places to go, I. E. Where the locals go to smoke a blunt, snort a line or whatever.
As for disabling her when she probably realized he wasn't taking her home, drugged or not, a swift blow to the side of the head could easily knock someone unconscious.
After reading these posts, I am now leaning towards him taking her somewhere close-by. Somewhere he KNEW he wouldn't get caught. Why isn't anyone coming forward!? His friends or acquaintances would know where a place like this is located.

I think they are starting with the 8 mile radius because they have profiled JM as not very cautious/overly confident:

1. He had been accused of TWO rapes already, prior to the 2005 rape--yet, he did not get punished.
2. Then, he was not cautious in the 2005 fairfax rape (assuming that it was him)--not only was he close enough for a passerby, but he let the victim see him closely enough for a very good sketch of him. But, again, did not get caught.
3. His own friends told him he looked like the sketch. Rather than flee the county, the state, the country, he simply added some hair--and continued to violate victims. But, he did not get caught.
4. Then, despite having already been "ID'ed" by friends, he dumped MH only a few miles from where he used to live (ponderosa trail), 10 miles from where she was last seen, and then listed his place of business in 2010 as the same address on ponderosa trail. Careless; yet, still, he did not get caught.
5. Finally (though there may have been others), we get to Hannah. He has already been called out by friends as looking like the sketch that is now linked to both a rape AND a murder. Yet still, he was careless or cocky enough to be seen on video with Hannah, AND be seen at a bar with her by people who know him well. This is the first time he can positively be identified as the last person to be with his (presumed) victim.
6. Then, EVEN AFTER he was ID'ed publicly as a person of interest, he drove to the police station.

I see no reason for LE to think he would have then traveled far distances to dispose of her. I think JM did not, at the point of HG's disappearance, believe he was anything other than invincible.

I think there was a very clear moment when it finally occurred to him that he might be in trouble--when he fled; long after he had already disposed of her. And even then, he was careless. He fled in his own sister's car, in a fairly straight line, and tried to hide out in the middle of other people (surely there was some secluded rural spot where he could have slept on the side of a road, or on a park bench in a big city?)

There is some reason why LE is making this an 8 mi radius or is it by default?

I am trying to approach this by thinking about what likely happened after he and Hannah got into the car from Tempo's.

I am reasonably certain that he got her to come with him, get into his car because she thinks he will just drop her off, and it's only minutes away, is it not, where she lives, where she was partying?

She's an intelligent womna, Even drunk, I would think she'd notice pretty quickly, like within 10 minutes that something is wrong. JM is not heading to where she wants to go.

What to happen at that point of realization? JM is in that cramped, crappy car, he's a big guy, not much room to maneuver. She's a tall girl, nearly 6 feet tall in the other seat, she realizes he's not taking her home. What would have to happen to keep her in that car? How do you abduct someone from downtown Charlotteville ? Where to go, what to do?

He must have known about some places nearby. I have a feeling they are private so LE hasn't checked them. JM would likely know that these are not places LE would search. Safe from the dogs, safe from the search. Owner is one who doesn't care about the property. What places are like that within a 5-10 minute drive from Tempo at 2 AM? Has to have reasonable road to get in there given that beater car, but out of sight, and most people would not go in there. Can any one circle around Tempo and come up with a list of such places?

I wish we knew if the cadaver dogs got a hit on JM's car. If they did not, that is likely the where she is. He's impulsive, impatient, in a hurry, horney, needs to get her where ever quickly, make his score fast. I think she's near by, near Tempo.

For some reason, the oops, let me turn around here, sends chills down my spine. What a perfect excuse!
I've asked it many times but have yet to get a definitive answer: was JM involved with drugs? IMO, that could fell us a lot about possible places to go, I. E. Where the locals go to smoke a blunt, snort a line or whatever.
As for disabling her when she probably realized he wasn't taking her home, drugged or not, a swift blow to the side of the head could easily knock someone unconscious.
After reading these posts, I am now leaning towards him taking her somewhere close-by. Somewhere he KNEW he wouldn't get caught. Why isn't anyone coming forward!? His friends or acquaintances would know where a place like this is located.

The tip line is there for anyone to use.

I don't know that anyone here has that answer, but for many reasons, I would suspect the answer to that is a resounding yes.

I think there was a very clear moment when it finally occurred to him that he might be in trouble--when he fled; long after he had already disposed of her. And even then, he was careless. He fled in his own sister's car, in a fairly straight line, and tried to hide out in the middle of other people (surely there was some secluded rural spot where he could have slept on the side of a road, or on a park bench in a big city?)

(Cut respectfully for brevity)

That makes great sense.

What to happen at that point of realization? JM is in that cramped, crappy car, he's a big guy, not much room to maneuver. She's a tall girl, nearly 6 feet tall in the other seat, she realizes he's not taking her home. What would have to happen to keep her in that car? How do you abduct someone from downtown Charlotteville ? Where to go, what to do?

When Ted Bundy got a girl to his car he hit them in the head with a crowbar. Don't assume Hannah was conscious when she entered the car.

If JM did drug her in Tempo, and they left as it was taking effect, maybe all he had to do was sit in the parked car a few minutes before she passed out. He could have feigned car trouble, or made small talk. My point is that there may never have been a struggle in the car.

I see no reason for LE to think he would have then traveled far distances to dispose of her. I think JM did not, at the point of HG's disappearance, believe he was anything other than invincible.

All very sound reasons. What concerns me, though, is he had a week to look at those videos of himself. He then had a week to know he was the guy wanted by LE.

Did he move her? What was his movement like from 9/16 (or whenever the video was first shown to the public) until 9/22 (when we know he was in Louisiana) or until whatever date LE started overtly surveilling him (probably 9/20)? Someone reported he worked that week, but when? What shifts? Where did he go after/before work?

Whose car was he driving in those ensuing days, once his was impounded? Did he rent a car? A truck? Borrow one? His sister's car came up clean, so he didn't use that (assuming they had HRD dogs on it).

Or did HRD dogs get a hit on his car (they surely wouldn't be talking as if she were possibly alive the moment that happened, would they?)?

I know an LE insider who has said that LE knows WAY more than what has been released to the public. People HAVE come forward with additional info on JM and LE has narrowed the time gap, which is why they are searching where they are. The LE I know has also said that they are trying to follow up on every tip, which sometimes means they get to a tip days, even a week after it was called in. With 4,000 tips, it is difficult to process & research each one, but they are trying. LE is also going onto as much private property as they can. Most of the community is being extremely open and allowing access. The search for MH was not like this b/c they knew she had gotten into a car and that car could have taken her 2 or 2,000 miles away. There was no place to start looking, really, until they found her shirt. Based on where she was found, there was some speculation that she got away and was simply too injured to seek help once she was free. Perhaps that could be why JM may have drugged HG? Although my LE cannot say much, he's clear that LE are doing everything they can to find her, but they have reasons to believe he didn't take her very far.

I think they are starting with the 8 mile radius because they have profiled JM as not very cautious/overly confident:

1. He had been accused of TWO rapes already, prior to the 2005 rape--yet, he did not get punished.
2. Then, he was not cautious in the 2005 fairfax rape (assuming that it was him)--not only was he close enough for a passerby, but he let the victim see him closely enough for a very good sketch of him. But, again, did not get caught.
3. His own friends told him he looked like the sketch. Rather than flee the county, the state, the country, he simply added some hair--and continued to violate victims. But, he did not get caught.
4. Then, despite having already been "ID'ed" by friends, he dumped MH only a few miles from where he used to live (ponderosa trail), 10 miles from where she was last seen, and then listed his place of business in 2010 as the same address on ponderosa trail. Careless; yet, still, he did not get caught.
5. Finally (though there may have been others), we get to Hannah. He has already been called out by friends as looking like the sketch that is now linked to both a rape AND a murder. Yet still, he was careless or cocky enough to be seen on video with Hannah, AND be seen at a bar with her by people who know him well. This is the first time he can positively be identified as the last person to be with his (presumed) victim.
6. Then, EVEN AFTER he was ID'ed publicly as a person of interest, he drove to the police station.

I had hypothesized earlier that he was smart enough to remove the batteries from MH & HG's phones, so wouldn't he remove his battery as well, but at that point, the cops weren't on to him - he was no where on their radar, so why would he remove his battery... So maybe they are triangulating his phone in order to get the search area? I have no idea how that works or how close you can pinpoint a location?

All very sound reasons. What concerns me, though, is he had a week to look at those videos of himself. He then had a week to know he was the guy wanted
Respectfully brief

He scrubbed his facebook page when the videos appeared, then blacked it out just before he took off for texas and ditched his mom (where? not known)

I know an LE insider who has said that LE knows WAY more than what has been released to the public.
Thank you for your insight! I think everyone here knows that part, whether we always want to admit it or not. ;)

Curious, though, with the seemingly more concentrated efforts locally there were/are still efforts quite some distance away. I pray they can search ALL private property - even ones the owners have said they've already searched. We've "searched" ours and some of the surrounding 600 acres (meaning, people have ridden the trails on 4-wheelers and hunters have hunted, looking for anything strange), but that "search" pales in comparison to getting an HDR dog out here and trained people on foot/horseback in grid fashion. Not that my area is likely, but that's likely how many people have "searched" their own properties.

I think it's going to take an HDR dog. I really do. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member