Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Access Taxi like a gypsy cab?
Some cabbies are given the option to purchase the cab after its removed from their fleet.

To what? He was questioned just as all those driving cabs and who were in the area were. They didn't ask for anyone's DNA then. MH wasn't found for months later. What would LE have done with DNA? They can't get DNA except under certain situations except voluntarily.

How does one abandon a cab? Why wasn't this noticed in 2009. It was just found 2 weeks ago? There are so many "off"things in this (or these) cases.

I admit it doesn't look good, but why is emphasis placed on "last seen" with JM? I find it hard to believe someone with intent to murder chooses a busy downtown mall teeming with witnesses to abduct an obviously drunken young woman to pick up a hitchhiking young girl while on duty in his employer's car? Maybe he is that impulsive. Every thing revealed by media only supports LE's case. Obviously, they are profiling, but really it all matches too neatly and unless there is DNA exchange of bodily fluid, all is circumstantial. Cases can be based just on that, but makes proving intent to defile difficult.

I am really bothered that no real investigation seems to be happening on other scenarios. It has been noted by several people, alum from UVA, that Hannah was not lost and not wandering aimlessly. Why was she there? Her possible intent is being protected. Why us that? She was running past that gas station because she knew that it was a seedy spot, so she was lucid enough to look after herself. The timing of her text is off to. Maybe this has all been vetted here, so excuse me if I am being redundant. I just don't why all this is not being discussed or disclosed.

It's sad when you consider that if there had been a competent and complete investigation in MH's disappearance/murder. That Hannah Graham, and who knows how many other unknown innocent victim's abductions/murders may have been prevented?

The Imperceptible Phenomenon of Black Sexual Serial Killers
By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S
Copyright © 2012
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/BlackSexSerKillers.htm

There exists a myth that there are hardly any Black serial killers and/or that Black serial killers are a rarity. This perception most likely is based on the media coverage on Television and/or the Hollywood movies like Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal which exclusively focused on White serial killers. The impression that serial killers are usually white is further solidified based upon the research that had been done by the FBI’s Behavioral Science unit that examined 36 convicted serial murderers 90% of whom were white. In fact, most FBI profiles describe the unknown serial murderers as UNSUB, white Male within age ranges from 20 to 40 years of age. Statistically speaking, most serial murderers in the United States are predominantly white but current research indicates that the overall percentage of Black serial killers has almost doubled since the 1980’s with a significant increase during the last 20 years. This article will address the perception and reality of sexual serial murder based upon an historical analysis of sexual serial killings committed by 155 Black serial offenders, who represent 37.2% of all sexual serial murders in the U.S. as of April, 2012.
<sniped - read more>

Is Hannah's search more comprehensive than what was done for MH? I know that because of MH, things were done for Hannah, like the search of Anchorage Farm, private property that would not have been done had MH not been killed and found. That in Hannah's case, the perp was IDed, the focus was put on one person, has allowed the search to be more focused, and also, LE did learn from what they had to go through with MH and what they found when she was discovered. Was MH's search, LE's treatment of the case not competent? WHat could LE have done better?

It sounds to me like they didn't suspect him at all for Morgan's disappearance.

As a cabbie at that time, LE did question him, as they did all cabbies and any number of people who were in that area. Many who saw MH standing there did go to LE and tell them so. There was probably nothing about JM to suspect him over any other cabbie or person in that area. What possible reason would they have had to suspect him in particular over anyone else? I'm sure LE is reviewing the interview notes right now.

I hope finding that cab gave LE some ideas about JM's hiding places. I wonder how they found it, who owns that farm where they found it and whether the owners knew it was there. I wonder if someone callled it in to LE or told them that JM had a car stashed at some farm. This kind of info would be valuable in this search for Hannah.

That occurred to me too. He doesn't have any scratches on his face from this--he got his picture taken at DMV soon afterwards and he looked fine. But with MH, he wouldn't have been able to get a drink/drug into her and he would have had to have subdued her at some point. She was also intoxicated/drugged, not in her full capacity, but she would have figured out something was not right at some point in time.

LE would have to talk to those who worked with him, were around him them and ask if he had scratches and other injuries around that time. They should look at their own notes too. I would think they would have been on the lookout for a cabby who looked like he'd been in some struggle.

FWIW, Morgan Herrington was last seen walking on Copeley Bridge Road around 9:30 pm and she had a scratch on her chin. There is no mention of a taxi.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/05/AR2009110505141.html

How does one abandon a cab? Why wasn't this noticed in 2009. It was just found 2 weeks ago? There are so many "off"things in this (or these) cases.

I admit it doesn't look good, but why is emphasis placed on "last seen" with JM? I find it hard to believe someone with intent to murder chooses a busy downtown mall teeming with witnesses to abduct an obviously drunken young woman to pick up a hitchhiking young girl while on duty in his employer's car? Maybe he is that impulsive. Every thing revealed by media only supports LE's case. Obviously, they are profiling, but really it all matches too neatly and unless there is DNA exchange of bodily fluid, all is circumstantial. Cases can be based just on that, but makes proving intent to defile difficult.

I am really bothered that no real investigation seems to be happening on other scenarios. It has been noted by several people, alum from UVA, that Hannah was not lost and not wandering aimlessly. Why was she there? Her possible intent is being protected. Why us that? She was running past that gas station because she knew that it was a seedy spot, so she was lucid enough to look after herself. The timing of her text is off to. Maybe this has all been vetted here, so excuse me if I am being redundant. I just don't why all this is not being discussed or disclosed.

I second your post!

No offense to anyone but you guys are going to get this thread shut down for the 3rd time. Please take some of this other conversation to the other relevant threads before we can't discuss the actual search anymore.

FWIW, Morgan Herrington was last seen walking on Copeley Bridge Road around 9:30 pm and she had a scratch on her chin. There is no mention of a taxi.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/05/AR2009110505141.html

I don't remember seeing anything at all about a taxi...other than theories. Now, they say there was a cab? During MH's investigation, people were complaining about lack of information being released. Maybe that's not turning out to be such a good thing?

Probably because WS's posting guidelines disallow blame-the-victim scenarios.

Is Hannah's search more comprehensive than what was done for MH? I know that because of MH, things were done for Hannah, like the search of Anchorage Farm, private property that would not have been done had MH not been killed and found. That in Hannah's case, the perp was IDed, the focus was put on one person, has allowed the search to be more focused, and also, LE did learn from what they had to go through with MH and what they found when she was discovered. Was MH's search, LE's treatment of the case not competent? WHat could LE have done better?

If Morgan Harrington was last seen alive getting into a taxi (according to report and cab owner witness), why didn't they seize all cabs in area and use SAR dogs? Plus, if there was a DNA link between Morgan Harrington and earlier 2005 assault case, pulling DNA from JM's cab would have set this ball in motion sooner. Seems they would have revisited cabs for DNA testing when connection was first discovered in 2010. JM was not even on radar until DNA in HM case, and it could just be a hair which us easily transferable by casual contact through clothing or proximity. Time will tell if they have more, but I am doubting it.

I'm wondering if it was that super secret warrant in nelson county a week or two ago.

Good point! We never heard anything more with that. Now the question is did he dump it there or did someone buy it? I have no clue about the cabbie thing. Do they own their cars, rent them from the company? Did the company sell it? Kudos to Longo. He found it......2 weeks ago! MOO.

I briefly searched and couldn't find the answer... Was the former George Carr property/farm there in/near Charlottesville known as "The Barracks" searched? (Being that George Carr was the false name given by JM when he was initially questioned down in the Galveston area.)

Also would love to know the details/location of that 'abandoned' cab on a farm!!! Abandoned by new owner of van/cab or unknown who abandoned it, etc.??

This is not blaming the victim but rather valid question since they have been searching for three weeks. Just maybe it would yield other tips. I couldn't care less what her intent was that night other than it may be helpful. This is not saying she is at fault in any way.

I'm not sure how truly meaningful search can be if we don't know the real circumstances behind the disappearance. Maybe we do, but maybe we don't..but I don't think tracing HG's steps and what they meant is blaming her in any way. Why do you think that?

'Abandoned' is the wording in this report.http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...arlottesville-missing-girls-va-278708901.html
I thought the same thing. I don't think it's uncommon for cabbies to own their vehicles. Otherwise, I don't see how that didn't come up in mhs investigation. A cab company missing a cab as of the same night MH went missing. Unless LE just didn't disclose that info.

Here were I live cabbies own their own vehicle. They use those magnetic signs on their car that can easily be removed when not in operation. Because they supply the vehicle they get more of a percentage on each fare than those where the cab company owns the vehicles outright. Sometimes small independent cab companies will do this because they cant afford to supply a fleet of vehicles.

I am elated to know they have found the vehicle he was driving in 2009 when he abducted Morgan. He probably told the cab company a lie that it had a blown motor or something. Although it didn't say when the car was abandoned. It makes me think it was on family property ......otherwise I think the farmer would have reported it long before now.

By him stupidly leaving evidence linking him to Hannah in plain sight in his present car it will not shock me if they find evidence of Morgan in the abandoned cab.

It really shows this guy was just lucky by not getting caught for over a decade but not very smart. Anyone with a brain would have taken it to a scrap yard and had it crushed telling the scrap yard the car was inoperable. If that had happened it would have long been shipped out to a recycling plant and made into something else now.

IMO

I am shocked they found his cab on a farm, abandoned. It's so bold to just leave it on someone's land. Did he think it couldn't be traced back?
Sorry if this has been addressed, catching up, but we don't know it was abandoned. It might have been in use all these years.

Honestly, folks, around here, people can sneak in and out of large properties unnoticed pretty easily. We're surrounded by 600 mostly wooded acres, and it would be a breeze. We have had trouble with hunters trespassing over the years, and they can legally come on our property to retrieve their hunting dogs any time they choose (we don't own the entire 600 by any means, but only very few are allowed to hunt 200 of those 600). Yes, we have no trespassing signs. No, it does no good.

If Morgan Harrington was last seen alive getting into a taxi (according to report and cab owner witness), why didn't they seize all cabs in area and use SAR dogs? .

Without the cab owner's permission, that would likely require a warrant. Seeing someone get in a cab isn't probable cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo