Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point! We never heard anything more with that. Now the question is did he dump it there or did someone buy it? I have no clue about the cabbie thing. Do they own their cars, rent them from the company? Did the company sell it? Kudos to Longo. He found it......2 weeks ago! MOO.

Longo is awesome. Don't you know his heart skipped a beat when he saw that cab sitting there? They wouldn't have ever found it if they weren't searching for Hannah. Out of every horrible tragedy comes some good they say.

They are going to ask for the death penalty in Morgan's case, imo.

Whether they ever find Hannah or not JM is toast now and will never be able to rape and murder a young vulnerable woman again.

The walls are all coming down now and the walls are made of bricks! :D

I made a HUGE mistake putting the Cab info in this thread.

Please go to this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ax-Rape-Victim-*Forensic-Link*-to-MH-2/page15

I think it's the correct place for this discussion.

I apologize I am old and my eyes are not good. I am so sorry.

I have some thoughts about the cab but I'll post under the link in the quote, although I do feel like the cab is relevant to the search for Hannah as it was found during the search.

#Breaking: Sources to @CNN: Police seize cab owned by UVA missing girl suspect Jesse Matthew http://CNN.it/GO
I've been saying this all along.
Edited to add...maybe they've been reading my posts here...lol...i should have been an investigator. The link doesn't take you to where you need to go, but this was just on my twitter.

Is it possible to try him on MH and the Fairfax rape alone at this point, or.do we not have enough information to know what LE can or can't do with those cases? If they do in fact have DNA, wouldn't that be enough?

I suspect it is, depending on what evidence they have tying the two together. And they would have a witness with the rape victim. But that could take years to come to trial.

Edited to add I think this belongs on the search thread because the earlier discussion was about compelling him to say where Hannah is. I hope I'm right about that and if not I'm sorry!

If Morgan Harrington was last seen alive getting into a taxi (according to report and cab owner witness), why didn't they seize all cabs in area and use SAR dogs? Plus, if there was a DNA link between Morgan Harrington and earlier 2005 assault case, pulling DNA from JM's cab would have set this ball in motion sooner. Seems they would have revisited cabs for DNA testing when connection was first discovered in 2010. JM was not even on radar until DNA in HM case, and it could just be a hair which us easily transferable by casual contact through clothing or proximity. Time will tell if they have more, but I am doubting it.

If only it was that easy. They cant legally do that. They must have sound probable cause to search any specific vehicle. They cant pick on every cab driver in C-Ville. They have to have an individual in mind and have something to back up a SW. The Judge would not sign off on all cabs to be searched. JM back then was just one among many who drove a cab in the area.

I don't think it was just a hair. We know he brutally raped the woman in 2005 and its very logical that he left sperm behind and no doubt he raped Morgan as well, imo. It isn't hair or fibers, imo. Its his full DNA profile in the form of sperm or salvia or even blood found under Morgan's fingernails since her parents have stated the murderer left his DNA on her remains. He also brutally beat his victim in 2005. The witness said she was a 'bloody mess' so he could have abraded his knuckles causing his blood to get on her too. I think the link between the two cases is significant. Something that is definitive and concrete that cant be refuted.

you have to be charge with a felony crime for them to get DNA

Yes, and no, oxenrider1966. LE can ask for voluntary dna swabs. The person is not required by law to submit to the dna swab, but if they refuse they become a POI.. There are many examples of this tactic used in missing/murdered persons investigations. In the Jessica Ridgeway abduction/murder(CO), investigators conducted a neighborhood canvas of dna. Austin Sigg, volunteered his dna and later assumed that he was caught and turned himself in a few days later..
_

Evidence details twisted path that led Austin Sigg to Jessica Ridgeway
By Jordan Steffen The Denver Post 12/01/2013

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg

And Sigg's confidence in investigator's methods — he believed they already had linked his DNA to Jessica's murder and an attack on a jogger at Ketner Lake — turned out to be another mistake.

Only when Sigg surrendered did he and authorities discover the error that lab technicians had made in handling the DNA sample he had brashly offered to investigators. An error that said Sigg had been cleared.

<Sniped - Read More>

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/09/exclusive-jesse-matthew-was-working-as-taxi-driver-night-morgan-harrington-vanished/
Sources also confirmed that the cab that Matthew drove in 2009 was seized by authorities from a farm two weeks ago as part of their active investigation.
Career cab Driver Melvin Carter, who knew Matthew, said he reached out to investigators five years ago after being questioned about local cab companies.

&#8220;Everything is starting to add up everything is starting to add up,&#8221; Carter said. &#8220;I asked which taxi cab she got into they said, &#8216;Yes, she did jump into a taxi cab that night before last being seen alive.'&#8221;
He could have made an impression on her. Because what I heard from her mental state, she was upset. So she may have found someone who was loving and trusting and comfort her,&#8221; Carter said.

Wow wow wow!!!!!!!!

Wow! I hadn't read that but now I understand why when they released the description of him they described him as he looked back in 2009. Also what I've been saying not that they questioned him but I've known or thought they knew him all along.
This also confirms just how much info they have been withholding from the public. Darn I keep forgetting I'm in the wrong thread. Sorry.

I'm new here, so please excuse anything I do wrong.
But
About 10 years ago,I had the prievlage of living in c-ville and it has been the best place I have ever been, let alone lived. I miss it SO much. So I have been following the MH and HG cases closely. It breaks my heart to see such evil come to a place I consider home...

However, today I got a feeling that maybe I should share my thoughts. Maybe they could help in some way. I doubt it but I couldn't live with myself if I diddn't try and it turned out that I could have helped. So I decided to share.

When I lived in c-ville, I was a part of the downtown mall community. It is a beautiful community and I have many of the best memories of my life with them. It seems to me that this jerk was at least on the margins of this (based on interviews and places he went...blue light, rapture) that community. People were familiar with him. Sometimes, even the losers find themselves invited to a gathering. Some of these gatherings/parties used to be on land. The host owned land. I think of the farmers daughter that lived on the farm MH was found on. Did she have any large gatherings? So he was familiar with the area? Maybe he was there and no one noticed or even thought about it.
If so, maybe he also left HG in an area he was somewhat familiar with. Like, a old friend from middle school who had land or someone's land that he is familiar with in some way, even from way back. I think the police might want to look into his history and try to find out from old taxi customers who may live I remote areas, to people who are a part of the permanent downtown community to see if any of them recall him being at a party on land, to old elementary school buddies that he had sleep overs or played with that might have had or still have land in the area. He had to have left her somewhere he was familiar with at some point.

Instead of physically looking for Hannah, it may be a better usage of time right now to go and interview, with several photos showing JM with short and long hair, the employees and owners of the downtown mall community, to see of they recall him hanging out anywhere. And to track down who his old best buddies, cousins etc. were as a child or are now, who have land. Properties may have changed names over the years. It's not an easy search to decide where to BEGIN to search. But right now, the possibilities seem vast and so it seems like someone may help by doing this. Sometimes it's a matter of the questions you ask.

For example, the detectives may have asked, "did you see JM on this night, and the answer may be "no" but if they asked, which I doubt they have, "did you ever know of a remote area JM was at as a child or adult, for any reason, to drop off a customer or to attend an event?" then they may get some ideas of a place to search. But as it is, it seems all over the place. No offense to law enforcement at all, I am sure they are working they hearts out.

Just, the people who are on here, searching for Hannah, have the ability to do some things the police don't have the manpower to do. I wish I could be there to help. I imagine myself in the place of these parents and my body feels like it rips apart. If anyone on here happens to be an employee on the downtown mall or has a connection, I think it might help if they ask around. Just to gain a starting point.

That's my experience of living there feeling. My critical thinking mind though says that if ChimeneaMG was found, and DNA was found, that one site is not enough to establish a pattern. It may be that he thought, "she was found, so this time I'll do something different or something that will destroy DNA. And given his love of fishing, may have left her in water. Or, since it was warm, he may have buried her, at least partially.

(my apologies to the family and loved ones for considering that she may have passed. I am an outsider, able to think with compassionate detachment and I just want to do anything I can to bring Hannah home).

Someone made an excellent point to search for brush piles, disturbed earth...etc., rather than skin or clothing (or in addition to, I should say).

Also, when I lived there, a lot of people used the library computers downtown. Perhaps, they have something on them? And/or a record of JM using them? Or, a computer at UVA? I used to work there and on the rare slow times the other nurses and I used the Internet. Any google maps? Anything?

And club 216? Anyone there know of him? It's an after hours club and may reveal something. Not necessarily with Hannah or morgan but some people he knows ( you have to enter with a member or be a member through and area I am sure has a camera, if 216 still exist in the ville).

That's just my thoughts as a former UVA employee and DTM person.

I am sending so much love to c-ville, the community, the students. I hope so much to get this evil out of the community that I love. The wolf in sheep's clothing from our fairy tale nightmares. There are many people inside that community, like the recent passing of Das, who are amazing fun but who are living fast but killing themselves. I think of them as shooting stars. Burning brightly for a little while and dazzling us with their beauty and light, and burning themselves out. However, that is far more pure than this toxic, viral, evil.

Sorry for the long first post, I like to "know my song well before I start singing". I doubt I can help, but incase I can, I wanted to speak.

Love and miss you c-ville.

Zimm

N

I'm new here, so please excuse anything I do wrong.
But
About 10 years ago,I had the prievlage of living in c-ville and it has been the best place I have ever been, let alone lived. I miss it SO much. So I have been following the MH and HG cases closely. It breaks my heart to see such evil come to a place I consider home...

However, today I got a feeling that maybe I should share my thoughts. Maybe they could help in some way. I doubt it but I couldn't live with myself if I diddn't try and it turned out that I could have helped. So I decided to share.

When I lived in c-ville, I was a part of the downtown mall community. It is a beautiful community and I have many of the best memories of my life with them. It seems to me that this jerk was at least on the margins of this (based on interviews and places he went...blue light, rapture) that community. People were familiar with him. Sometimes, even the losers find themselves invited to a gathering. Some of these gatherings/parties used to be on land. The host owned land. I think of the farmers daughter that lived on the farm MH was found on. Did she have any large gatherings? So he was familiar with the area? Maybe he was there and no one noticed or even thought about it.
If so, maybe he also left HG in an area he was somewhat familiar with. Like, a old friend from middle school who had land or someone's land that he is familiar with in some way, even from way back. I think the police might want to look into his history and try to find out from old taxi customers who may live I remote areas, to people who are a part of the permanent downtown community to see if any of them recall him being at a party on land, to old elementary school buddies that he had sleep overs or played with that might have had or still have land in the area. He had to have left her somewhere he was familiar with at some point.

Instead of physically looking for Hannah, it may be a better usage of time right now to go and interview, with several photos showing JM with short and long hair, the employees and owners of the downtown mall community, to see of they recall him hanging out anywhere. And to track down who his old best buddies, cousins etc. were as a child or are now, who have land. Properties may have changed names over the years. It's not an easy search to decide where to BEGIN to search. But right now, the possibilities seem vast and so it seems like someone may help by doing this. Sometimes it's a matter of the questions you ask.

For example, the detectives may have asked, "did you see JM on this night, and the answer may be "no" but if they asked, which I doubt they have, "did you ever know of a remote area JM was at as a child or adult, for any reason, to drop off a customer or to attend an event?" then they may get some ideas of a place to search. But as it is, it seems all over the place. No offense to law enforcement at all, I am sure they are working they hearts out.

Just, the people who are on here, searching for Hannah, have the ability to do some things the police don't have the manpower to do. I wish I could be there to help. I imagine myself in the place of these parents and my body feels like it rips apart. If anyone on here happens to be an employee on the downtown mall or has a connection, I think it might help if they ask around. Just to gain a starting point.

That's my experience of living there feeling. My critical thinking mind though says that if ChimeneaMG was found, and DNA was found, that one site is not enough to establish a pattern. It may be that he thought, "she was found, so this time I'll do something different or something that will destroy DNA. And given his love of fishing, may have left her in water. Or, since it was warm, he may have buried her, at least partially.

(my apologies to the family and loved ones for considering that she may have passed. I am an outsider, able to think with compassionate detachment and I just want to do anything I can to bring Hannah home).

Someone made an excellent point to search for brush piles, disturbed earth...etc., rather than skin or clothing (or in addition to, I should say).

Also, when I lived there, a lot of people used the library computers downtown. Perhaps, they have something on them? And/or a record of JM using them? Or, a computer at UVA? I used to work there and on the rare slow times the other nurses and I used the Internet. Any google maps? Anything?

And club 216? Anyone there know of him? It's an after hours club and may reveal something. Not necessarily with Hannah or morgan but some people he knows ( you have to enter with a member or be a member through and area I am sure has a camera, if 216 still exist in the ville).

That's just my thoughts as a former UVA employee and DTM person.

I am sending so much love to c-ville, the community, the students. I hope so much to get this evil out of the community that I love. The wolf in sheep's clothing from our fairy tale nightmares. There are many people inside that community, like the recent passing of Das, who are amazing fun but who are living fast but killing themselves. I think of them as shooting stars. Burning brightly for a little while and dazzling us with their beauty and light, and burning themselves out. However, that is far more pure than this toxic, viral, evil.

Sorry for the long first post, I like to "know my song well before I start singing". I doubt I can help, but incase I can, I wanted to speak.

Love and miss you c-ville.

Zimm

N

I never read long posts. But I read yours. Thank you.

This got lost in the cab posts, but what are anyone's thoughts (Gitana, where are you?) on whether or not JM's attorney knew before today they had found the van?

Can this disclosure help us find Hannah? Will he talk now? Or has the attorney known for two weeks and that attempt failed? Or did they wait until they got evidence back (today?) from the van so it's an even bigger bargaining chip?

Does anybody know more information about this abandoned cab other than it was found on a farm two weeks ago? It's been referred to as "abandoned", so does that mean abandoned by JM? Where was this farm? It seems crazy to me that if a detective truly told another cab driver while interviewing him that MH had been seen getting in a cab, how on earth did it get by unnoticed that immediately after she disappeared, a man's cab disappeared too. I feel like there has to be more to this. How was the cab abandoned and when? I would've thought the location of the abandoned cab would provide a possible location for where JM left HG, but since it was discovered two weeks ago, obviously that area's probably already been searched. I am so curious as to how the cab got abandoned and how it went unnoticed until two weeks ago, if that is indeed the case. JM sure seems to like to use farms as a dump location. I hope Bessie can open a thread about his abandoned cab. This is a big revelation! It ties into MH, and can possibly help narrow the search for HG, or at least make the search more focused on large farms in the area.

W(inthe)F???

This is strange. Can't wait to hear more details. Didnt see this coming...were they actively looking for it???
i know that this was called into the police... the old taxi as source of evidence

How does one abandon a cab? Why wasn't this noticed in 2009. It was just found 2 weeks ago? There are so many "off"things in this (or these) cases.

I admit it doesn't look good, but why is emphasis placed on "last seen" with JM? I find it hard to believe someone with intent to murder chooses a busy downtown mall teeming with witnesses to abduct an obviously drunken young woman to pick up a hitchhiking young girl while on duty in his employer's car? Maybe he is that impulsive. Every thing revealed by media only supports LE's case. Obviously, they are profiling, but really it all matches too neatly and unless there is DNA exchange of bodily fluid, all is circumstantial. Cases can be based just on that, but makes proving intent to defile difficult.

I am really bothered that no real investigation seems to be happening on other scenarios. It has been noted by several people, alum from UVA, that Hannah was not lost and not wandering aimlessly. Why was she there? Her possible intent is being protected. Why us that? She was running past that gas station because she knew that it was a seedy spot, so she was lucid enough to look after herself. The timing of her text is off to. Maybe this has all been vetted here, so excuse me if I am being redundant. I just don't why all this is not being discussed or disclosed.

This is a really interesting study that was posted by Foxfire.

I think it addresses some of these conundrums

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Local news tonight in VA said there are more searchers who will arrive this weekend to search for HG. Couldn't get more as I have a diabetic dog and have to give insulin shots and supplements. Wish I could have listened better.

(Am curious about "taxi" found. Wonder if it was a van? Thus easy transport.)

Really hope some of these new SAR are canines.

If only it was that easy. They cant legally do that. They must have sound probable cause to search any specific vehicle. They cant pick on every cab driver in C-Ville. They have to have an individual in mind and have something to back up a SW. The Judge would not sign off on all cabs to be searched. JM back then was just one among many who drove a cab in the area.

I don't think it was just a hair. We know he brutally raped the woman in 2005 and its very logical that he left sperm behind and no doubt he raped Morgan as well, imo. It isn't hair or fibers, imo. Its his full DNA profile in the form of sperm or salvia or even blood found under Morgan's fingernails since her parents have stated the murderer left his DNA on her remains. He also brutally beat his victim in 2005. The witness said she was a 'bloody mess' so he could have abraded his knuckles causing his blood to get on her too. I think the link between the two cases is significant. Something that is definitive and concrete that cant be refuted.

Didn't he rape the Faurfax woman? I doubt if he slipped on a condom.

(Am curious about "taxi" found. Wonder if it was a van? Thus easy transport.)

Really hope some of these new SAR are canines.

Taxi WAS a van - a tan one. That blends in, eh? Perhaps no one saw an orange car because it was parked on a farm and JM was in a tan van....

Hoping so too. Thanks for the update. Go love your dog.

Didn't he rape the Faurfax woman?

How many times does it have to be said? There has been nothing released yet to indicate he raped the Fairfax woman.

We all assume he did, but no one yet knows he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo