Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about how religious Jesse was. But a rural cemetary would be a great place to dump a body. The cadaver dogs certainly are not going to be able to track it there.

They may since all the other bodies in the cemetary have had the blood pulled from their bodies before being buried and are embalmed.

IMO

Rapists and murderers like JM are opportunistic but he was on the hunt every September and October of every year, imo. So while he did not stalk his victim in advance he was hunting for one during that time period. Sadly isn't that hard to find an unsuspecting female who is alone. So when he finally sees one he seizes the opportunity to strike. The plan has already been formulated in his mind before finding his next victim. He already knows what he is going to do and how he is going to do it.

As far as his disposal site or sites he would have much more time to devote in finding remote areas to dispose of the bodies. A killer can show organization in some areas of their crimes and disorganizations in other ways.

Murderers like JM usually do have comfort zones and use those areas they feel comfortable that the bodies will not be discovered. With JM growing up in the vast area he can be like other killers and have various disposal sites in which he places them. Some may be together but then only one victim will be placed in an area. He may see a method to his madness.

He certainly learned not to put anymore remains in the same area Morgan was found. He may have gone back to putting remains where he knows other victims of his hasn't been found.

If they do find Hannah I do think it will be a site he has familiarity with.

I also hope in their search for Hannah they may come upon other bodies/clothing or other victim's possessions that are missing just like they happened to come upon the abandoned cab during the search.

IMO

Great post, thanks. :)

If my memory is correct, there was a full moon when HG was abducted. JM's safe haven seemed to be the outdoors/forest. Just a guess, but to prevent additional exposure and chance of being witnessed. Imo, the assault location and body disposal location was one and the same or in an adjacent area..
Wish we knew more about JM's outdoor activities/hobbies. We know that he was a fisherman. Was he a hunter?

I think that if there were two different sites, for kill and disposal, LE would have an idea about that since they have JM's car and the cadaver dogs would sniff it out if there were ever a cadaver in there. Though Longo might not have been focused on sticking to the facts or the evidence, he did say something about the possibility that Hannah was still alive, something he might not have said if those dogs had IDed that car as having carreid a corpse.

He's an impatient person. I don't think the deed was done far from where he left. He was on the prowl that night and once he had Hannah, I don't think he'd want to wait to long to do his deal I really think she's near Tempo, like a 10-15 min drive from there on some private property that is just not one where the owners keep tabs.

During the Anthony case I researched the profile between female and male murderers and how they react differently in choosing the disposal site.

Women more often will discard the victim close to where they live and they usually will leave them above ground. If it is their child they have killed they usually will swaddle them in blankets and place them inside of bags.

However, male murderers tend to take the body a much further distance away from the original abduction site.

IMO
Being snarky, but too bad that JM didn't meet Casey Anthony one fall.

.... It would seem the quarry area in Buckingham located between Rts 60 and 15 has the advantage of multiple approaches. That would make him less remarkable to police going back and forth. Can you tell me more about the various roads between c-ville and Buckingham, please. ....

There are really only two ways to go. You could go down Route 29, a four-lane road with lots of VSP units, day and night. Or you could take Route 20 south to Dillwyn, and take U.S. Route 15 south to Buckingham County. The problem with this route is that it's a notorious speed trap, again day and night, and a major revenue generator for the county :) ... Given that JLM's car had an outdated inspection sticker and he was "driving while black," and with an incapacitated (and perhaps injured or dying) passenger, it seems reasonable that he'd do all he could to stick to poorly-lit, lightly traveled back roads where he'd be unlikely to encounter a police cruiser.

... I don't think the deed was done far from where he left. He was on the prowl that night and once he had Hannah, I don't think he'd want to wait to long to do his deal I really think she's near Tempo, like a 10-15 min drive from there on some private property that is just not one where the owners keep tabs....

I believe this helps to explain why SAR focused on an 8-mile radius + likely outlying locations.

Whiskers,

"But always be aware of who is around you. Who is watching you.)" is very good advice.
In fact, I tell people to observe their dog when they let them outside. Most dogs, unless they have to relieve themselves urgently, will take a few steps and stop. Then they will put there nose to the air to monitor the area for any strange scents. They will also look around for anything unusual and or out of place. That's why they sometimes react so wildly, barking, growling, and charging at something as insignificant(to us) as a large branch that is laying in your yard. That branch wasn't there yesterday and as far as they know, it ain't supposed to be there now. A dog is a predator and if they utilize these "anti-ambush rituals" maybe we should learn from that.

Unfortunately, in my experience most people honestly believe that bad things won't happen to them. If you try to give them any kind of safety advice, it's like "la la la...I can't hear you...shut up" they won't even entertain the thought that something bad could happen to them. It honestly scares them to think about it.

So true, lol. One of my dogs will bark at anything that is not supposed to be there, or wasn't there before! This could include a package left,
a shovel, anything!!!

Howardsville Turnpike, which turns into Howardsville Rd. ... probably the most remote-seeming place I've ever been in my life.

Excellent contribution - won't you call this in to the tip line?

I don't know about how religious Jesse was. But a rural cemetary would be a great place to dump a body. The cadaver dogs certainly are not going to be able to track it there.

<BBM for Focus>

JM attended Church in Charlottesville, VA @ Calvary Chapel Church<2003>.. Unsure what years...-->http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e05ae2-436f-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html
Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...68,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x47d02f59ca68754c
Calvary Chapel
1195 5th St SW
Charlottesville, VA 22902

The charges against the 6-foot-2, 270-pound Matthew surprised Dave Hansen, who first met him about 11 years ago when Hansen served as an assistant pastor at an area church.

"I always thought he was a gentle giant, just a nice guy," Hansen said. "He seemed genuine with his faith and spirituality. ... I don't see him doing this at all, but that's usually the case, I guess."
Hansen said he's only kept up with Matthew through Facebook, but ran into him at the university's medical center within the last year. He said the soft-spoken Matthew greeted him in an elevator with a high-five.
Matthew attended Liberty University from 2000 to 2002, officials with the Lynchburg school founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell said, and its athletics website listed him as a defensive lineman on the football team.
More recently he also served as a part-time volunteer for the football team at The Covenant School, a private Christian pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade school in Charlottesville. Officials said his involvement with the school began last month following interviews with the athletic director and head football coach, as well as normal background and reference checks.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...u-va-student-hannah-graham.html#ixzz3FwdcXM6s

Was JM active online? Just wondering if maybe he could have been a member of a fishing forum?

<BBM for Focus>

The charges against the 6-foot-2, 270-pound Matthew surprised Dave Hansen, who first met him about 11 years ago when Hansen served as an assistant pastor at an area church.

"I always thought he was a gentle giant, just a nice guy," Hansen said. "He seemed genuine with his faith and spirituality. ... I don't see him doing this at all, but that's usually the case, I guess."
Hansen said he's only kept up with Matthew through Facebook, but ran into him at the university's medical center within the last year. He said the soft-spoken Matthew greeted him in an elevator with a high-five.
Matthew attended Liberty University from 2000 to 2002, officials with the Lynchburg school founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell said, and its athletics website listed him as a defensive lineman on the football team.
More recently he also served as a part-time volunteer for the football team at The Covenant School, a private Christian pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade school in Charlottesville. Officials said his involvement with the school began last month following interviews with the athletic director and head football coach, as well as normal background and reference checks.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...u-va-student-hannah-graham.html#ixzz3FwdcXM6s

Oh Lord, not the "Gentle Giant" thing again :rolleyes: (reference to Gabe Gaeta and :rose: Jenise Wright :rose:)

Actually they would!
The smell a cadaver dog is going after is actually based on the chemical breakdown of the body during decomp. Different chemicals are released at the various stages and that is what the dogs pick up on. So, you can actually train a dog to search for various stages of decomp, thus eliminating a wide time frame.

A fresh grave would elicit a more positive response than an older grave.

His grandmother might likely know where all he liked to fish...

Same with any ex girlfriends...

I wish I could write a letter to his grandma entitled "Questions for Grandma".

Maybe we should sleuth a fishing forum and try to find out there about lesser known fishing holes in the area...

Someone said earlier that the night Hannah went missing was also a 3/4 moon. That combined with what you stated above would make this seem likely IF the suspect was behaving rationally and logically.

He may not have been.

I just dont know with this guy. Its often hard to tell what someone who is a little "off" will do in a given situation.....and IMO thats what makes them so dangerous.

I think it would help the search tremendously if LE released a profile but I dont know even if that's legal or considered detrimental to the case at this point.

Id also love to know if they have any further debit card activity after his leaving Tempos.

It seems to me he would have stopped somewhere to get a pack of cigarettes that night (since he was seen bumming them at Tempos) and once you get outside of Charlottesville there arent that many places that are open 24 hours in "the country".

BBM. Yes, I agree. Or, perhaps have to stop for gas. I suppose he could keep a full tank of gas in his car "just in case". I'm 99% positive they have checked those records. I wish we knew what they know.

Ha ha. The fishing people I know keep their holes secret.

During the Anthony case I researched the profile between female and male murderers and how they react differently in choosing the disposal site.

Women more often will discard the victim close to where they live and they usually will leave them above ground. If it is their child they have killed they usually will swaddle them in blankets and place them inside of bags.

However, male murderers tend to take the body a much further distance away from the original abduction site.

IMO

So true. I brought Caylee up as an example of being missed during the searches. It does happen.

Ha ha. The fishing people I know keep their holes secret.

Yep, and as poor a job as JM did keeping his license and inspection stickers current, I wouldn't think having a hunting or fishing license and keeping them current would be high on his list of priorities. So I would guess a lot, if not most, of his fishing would be in ponds on private land, or secluded spots of area lakes. Again, with his knowledge of the area, I'm sure he knew of many such spots, and they would be worth checking out if someone who knows of those such areas would step up and talk. I honestly don't see Hannah being found, barring a completely coincidental stumble-upon, unless someone with specific knowledge and information gives up that info. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445