Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@NBC29: BREAKING: sources tell @henrygraff authorities have recovered the cab #jessematthew was driving in 2009 from a farm.

OMG. I bet he DID switch cars! Praying this lets them find all these girls...

Another C'ville local chiming in. I think route #2 (Avon St. extended) makes a lot of sense: directly accessible from the Downtown Mall area, and quickly leads to a lot of rural areas off Rt 20 South. I assume local officials also know this, and have already directed SAR to search the Rt 20 South area thoroughly. (Well, I hope they've already searched it thoroughly.)

I agree - Avon St heading to 20 South would be the quickest way to get on a back road. I think both the fact he had been drinking right up before getting in his car, and had just abducted HG made him want to get on a back road heading to a rural area as quickly as possible. He knew that the risk of being pulled over for a DUI would most certainly ruin everything for him. JMO.

@NBC29: BREAKING: sources tell @henrygraff authorities have recovered the cab #jessematthew was driving in 2009 from a farm.

W(inthe)F???

This is strange. Can't wait to hear more details. Didnt see this coming...were they actively looking for it???

Nbc4 dc is reporting JW was questioned in 09 abt MH, also they found the cab 2 weeks ago

Even a weak or dead battery still risks pings. You have to disengage the battery not to risk pings. You have to break an IPhoneS5 to disengage the battery.

I'd add to this something I don't think most people aren't aware of - but many GPS units record a track log, with location/speed once every minute, in the case of a Garmin, even when not actively routing - just powered-on. The track itself isn't usually available on-screen, you have the dump the unit's filesystem, or extract it with a utility program.

Probably not useful in this case, regrettably.

this is just my opinion
i believe he would head out either 20N or 20S or 250E or 250W from downtown mall
there are loads of areas nearby that are secluded and very sparsely populated and even less traveled.
i would think he would go somewhere nearby where he was familiar and would already know that it was not populated
he knew 20N and 250W the most

This is interesting. When this case first broke, while looking at the maps, I was particulary interested in the Hunters Hall/Shadwell area of 250W. I'm not local, so I'm wondering what locals can tell about this area. . .and does anyone else think it may be a possibile area?

Good news! Let's hope it offers up something good information.

Matthew, who police confirmed is also linked by forensic evidence to the Morgan Harrington case, was working as a cab driver the night Harrington was last seen. Harrington, a student at Virginia Tech at the time, disappeared on October 17, 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. Her remains were found on an Albemarle farm three months later.

Two of Matthew's former taxi co-workers have told federal and state authorities Matthew was working the night Harrington disappeared.

We have also learned that authorities have recovered the taxi cab Matthew was driving. It was found two weeks ago on a farm.

We also know authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17.

One taxi driver says a Charlottesville detective told him back in 2009 Morgan got into a cab the night she vanished.

"From when I went back and talked to the city and I asked which taxi cab, she said yes she did jump into a taxi cab her last time being seen alive,” said Melvin Carter, Jr. of Carter's Taxi.

We also know at least 20 people involved in Charlottesville area cab businesses have been interviewed by federal and state authorities. Several of those interviews happened Thursday.

David Culver ‏@David_Culver 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING details on #JesseMatthew's past. @HenryGraff uncovering the latest in #HannahGraham case. Read more here: http://bit.ly/1CYUiAT

I just had to say this.....it hurts my eyeballs to see a side-by-side picture of HG and the person accused of crimes against HG. Seems like most all news articles include this.

W(inthe)F???

This is strange. Can't wait to hear more details. Didnt see this coming...were they actively looking for it???

I'm sure they were. While LE is desperately searching for Hannah, they are also trying to build MH's case. . .plan B incase they don't find Hannah. :(

Nbc4 dc is reporting JW was questioned in 09 abt MH, also they found the cab 2 weeks ago

wow nice, I wonder if the shift in message we've been hearing for a day or to and now this announcement means they are starting to realize they're not likely to find hannah just by searching so its time to make the other cases strong as possible get charges and possibly pressure for a deal to find hannah.

holy cow so he was questioned about MH??? They couldn't have gotten DNA comparison's then?

Matthew, who police confirmed is also linked by forensic evidence to the Morgan Harrington case, was working as a cab driver the night Harrington was last seen. Harrington, a student at Virginia Tech at the time, disappeared on October 17, 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. Her remains were found on an Albemarle farm three months later.

Two of Matthew's former taxi co-workers have told federal and state authorities Matthew was working the night Harrington disappeared.

We have also learned that authorities have recovered the taxi cab Matthew was driving. It was found two weeks ago on a farm.

We also know authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17.

One taxi driver says a Charlottesville detective told him back in 2009 Morgan got into a cab the night she vanished.

"From when I went back and talked to the city and I asked which taxi cab, she said yes she did jump into a taxi cab her last time being seen alive,” said Melvin Carter, Jr. of Carter's Taxi.

We also know at least 20 people involved in Charlottesville area cab businesses have been interviewed by federal and state authorities. Several of those interviews happened Thursday.

The car was found on a farm 2 weeks ago...I wonder in what condition. This cab could be teeming with missing girls DNA.

Was it there, abandoned? Or was it there, waiting for the next time he needed to use it? So many questions. Makes me also very aware of how much info the LE must have that we don't know yet.

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 2h2 hours ago
MT "@NBC29: VDEM says #HannahGraham search crews will have 90% of target area (8mi circle around #Cville) in Albemarle searched by Friday.”

holy cow so he was questioned about MH??? They couldn't have gotten DNA comparison's then?

he was question before they had dna and he was just one of 20 or so cabbies that were questioned.

I keep reading c'ville has 40,000 people do y'all really have 20 cabs on duty at any time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member