Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would LE have access to pings with or without possession of the phone itself, assuming they know the phone number? (I ask because we don't know if they are in possession of JM's phone, do we? I think we all assume they are but...boy.... And Hannah's phone has yet to be found. Would they be able to get her pings, if the phone was pinging?)

Cell phone carriers have records of which cell phone towers that the phone has connected with and often have records of the phones' GPS coordinates.

This is one of the reasons I think the statement that the "ping" came from the other side of the hill... is just not possible. Cannot get a ping on a spot... just that you are within cell tower A and B's range.

That used to be true, but now most phones have GPS. I posted a link previously.

Wind advisory in effect 6 pm to 6 am. Gusts of 45-55 mph. Expect scattered power line and tree damage. (per NWS)

I just cannot see him spending the money on an expensive phone.

A lot of people (including me) have an expensive phone because they are very inexpensive when attached to a 2 year contract. Usually between free and $100.

So I don't think there's any point in assuming he did or didn't have a nice one.

For whatever reason, and it seems like getting info on cell phone pings from JM's phone is a likely one, LE seems to have some renewed optimisim about the searches. I hope they find Hannah with whatever new info they have. If I lived in the area, I'd be helping out with the food and drinks for the searchers, absolutely.

This is one of the reasons I think the statement that the "ping" came from the other side of the hill... is just not possible. Cannot get a ping on a spot... just that you are within cell tower A and B's range.

Justice, finally I am getting some idea of how the pings work. I appreciate the effort to educate. So this area appears to be one that you've outlined based on a "hypothetical" ping from a cell phone. Is it also possible that the cell phone just passed through this area on its way somewhere else? What other evidence would suggest to focus here?

Justice, finally I am getting some idea of how the pings work. I appreciate the effort to educate. So this area appears to be one that you've outlined based on a "hypothetical" ping from a cell phone. Is it also possible that the cell phone just passed through this area on its way somewhere else? What other evidence would suggest to focus here?

Glad you're still here Gilamon!

A lot of people (including me) have an expensive phone because they are very inexpensive when attached to a 2 year contract. Usually between free and $100.

So I don't think there's any point in assuming he did or didn't have a nice one.

To me that is an expensive phone. The whole package.

He seems to be so irresponsible with his bills that I cannot see him being responsible with a $100 a month contract phone.

But we can see the difference in people here. For me to spend $100 a month on a cellphone is not even on my list of wants. I was so upset when my $7 month contractless Virgin cellphone no longer exists and I had to pay $100 for a year with a different phone. Growing uo with Ma Bell and having reliable phones that lasted a lifetime with great service makes me upset about the expensive disposable phone

Websleuths should be able to find out what cell phone JM has. Dig in boots on the ground!

Websleuths should be able to find out what cell phone JM has. Dig in boots on the ground!

Well we know he didn't have one on his escape to Texas. He didn't even have a burner.

To me that is an expensive phone. The whole package.

He seems to be so irresponsible with his bills that I cannot see him being responsible with a $100 a month contract phone.

But we can see the difference in people here. For me to spend $100 a month on a cellphone is not even on my list of wants. I was so upset when my $7 month contractless Virgin cellphone no longer exists and I had to pay $100 for a year with a different phone. Growing uo with Ma Bell and having reliable phones that lasted a lifetime with great service makes me upset about the expensive disposable phone

Well I was talking more like $50/month, which is cheap for a full-featured phone/package.

A lot of people who don't have much (or make much) consider that a necessity.

Well I was talking more like $50/month, which is cheap for a full-featured phone/package.

A lot of people who don't have much (or make much) consider that a necessity.

Unless his cell phone was on a family member's contract, it would be a lot for him to pay. Especially a Smart Phone with texting, etc.

Tornados don't do hills. They're not common in VA and I doubt a search in Albemarle County would be worried about them.

Tell that to the folks in North Alabama. Which Was Nearly Obliterated by Tornadoes.

GEORGE Carr is not a family name. So why did he use it?

Why did JLM go to a spot where a notorious Serial Killer disposed of bodies?

Did he read up on either George Carr or the Serial Killer?

Read this link about George Carr....http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/george-carr

This statement is interesting...."A few years later, during the early days of the Civil War, they bought a farm five miles northwest of Charlottesville. During the Revolution Hessian prisoners had been encamped there. It was there that George and Melinda raised their eight children."

Has this area been searched?

Unless his cell phone was on a family member's contract, it would be a lot for him to pay. Especially a Smart Phone with texting, etc.
I bet he has a framily plan with at his sister, at least. They seem very close and both have financial struggles, IMO.

If he sent the 1:20 am text from HG's phone, chances are he's at least had some experience with smartphones. If you've never used one, it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to figure out how to send a text on an iPhone, if you're not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.

GEORGE Carr is not a family name. So why did he use it?

Did he read up on either George Carr or the Serial Killer?

We already know that he was absolutely not a book-smart type of guy (from the interview with the classmate who helped him with his homework).

It is possible just based on his location that there was a sign referencing the historic George Carr that he could've known the name from, but I seriously doubt it held any significance to him. That is a very obscure person to intentionally reference.

Trying for first time to post a map.
Don't know if this map is helpful... I can't quite figure out what we'd do with it, but I'm new here and I know many of you can sleuth all kinds of kinds! I've poked around a bit on his community group on f/b and with regards to his fishing it appears he had a group of "fishing buddies". In particular Bass fishing. Under the map are also 2 links to popular Bass fishing areas in/near Charlottesville.

I don't know if it's against rules to link a fishing forum, so mods please delete of course if off-limits. But I found some interesting location information among the conversations. If the second link is not allowed and gets snipped, it's inside a "Bassresources" website.

View attachment Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 1.11.21 PM.pdf
(go here to zoom and if you can't get the screen shot: http://www.hookandbullet.com/s/fishing-virginia/

http://charlottesville.avenuerealty...and-your-son-to-go-fishing-in-charlottesville

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/45287-charlottesville-va-fishing-spots/
This one lists Ragged Mt. Lake as a good one for bass

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 1.11.21 PM.pdf
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 14
Ha. Okay, well, that map attached 3 times and it ends up downloading the map to your computer. Sorry!! Not sure how to do it nicely like the rest of you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman