Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Please forgive another 'IF I were LE' post)

IF I were LE and had 300 bright-eyed, bushy-tailed young FBI Academy whipper-snappers coming into town to help, I would email ahead and get them hopping on some research to answer questions and help to target the land/property searches for Hannah Graham when they get to C'ville:

- Genealogy of Carr and Matthew families, property records, court cases involving JLM's family that might cause grudges, feuds, etc.
- Connections to other disappearances and murders of women (particularly blonde preppy types) in area.
- Computerized comparisons to identify correlations of all the cases.
- Look at JLM cell phones (if he had multiple phones) data not for just recent since or just before HG was abducted, but for every rape, crime, disappearance, etc. as far back as they can go. (expedite this - tell a Judge they need to know if Hannah is still alive).

What else?

What would you ask the FEDs to do (if you were LE) to narrow the search?

For those of you who followed the MH case - was the search this involved and long for her?

If not, do you get the feeling they are doing this bc they now suspect JM to be a SK and want to nail him, and/or find other bodies while they're at it?

Respectfully, we'll never figure out what kind of phone he had and whether or not there were GPS capabilities or if it was pinging the entire time. If we don't stick to the search, this thread will close (again).

Bessie mentioned the possibility of opening a thread for the phone. Perhaps that's a good idea! ;)

For those of you who followed the MH case - was the search this involved and long for her?

If not, do you get the feeling they are doing this bc they now suspect JM to be a SK and want to nail him, and/or find other bodies while they're at it?

That's what I wonder. This is being called "the biggest search effort Virginia has ever seen" (and that was as of 10/2!). http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26679899/crews-to-use-drone-in-search-for-hannah-graham

WHY? If they have him on MH. Why? If they have him on Fairfax. Why?

Are they looking for anything besides Hannah, and how will finding Hannah help them (and will it help them with more than just JM?) such that they are willing to extend this into a second month with hundreds of searchers?

ETA: While you ponder his possible knowledge of Corll and other SKs (someone mentioned he would have passed locations of two others on his way to Texas) and the fact that Corll's mass burial site is where he was found, with only one road in and out, remember he's a football player. Football is competitive and extremely superstitious, with use of certain "plays" and strategy. MH was placed "with intent." I know I've said all that before, but I think if we think that way, we might just figure this guy out and figure out where Hannah could be. Any SKs with the first name George?

This is one of the reasons I think the statement that the "ping" came from the other side of the hill... is just not possible. Cannot get a ping on a spot... just that you are within cell tower A and B's range.

They are working from phone records, trying to get to the spot given by the records, not working from pings detected on the ground. (if that makes sense)

That's what I wonder. This is being called "the biggest search effort Virginia has ever seen" (and that was as of 10/2!). http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26679899/crews-to-use-drone-in-search-for-hannah-graham

Are they looking for anything besides Hannah, and how will finding Hannah help them (and will it help them with more than just JM?) such that they are willing to extend this into a second month with hundreds of searchers?

My unprofessional assumption is that a case that shows he killed (if true) 2 people makes for a stronger and more airtight conviction. Makes for a larger sentence as well. I would assume serial killers are seen as more of a danger to the general public. JMO.

I didn't get the feeling that the MH search was as intense. In part, because LE had no idea what happened to her. With Hannah, we have some pretty directed time lines, area, and person. MH's case was wide open. Until her body was found several months later, it was just as possible that she was taken hours away. She was looking for a ride "home" is what I have read, and I don't think she was local, Harrisonville(?) was mentioned. So looking for her was that much more difficult.

In this case, LE is really going on the assumption and theory that JM did NOT just drop off Hannah near the Corner where she lives or where her classmates tend to hang. They KNOW she got into JM's car and headed off somewhere and are trying to track JM's intinerary for the night, and are assuming at this point that her body is along that route. If they are wrong, they are almost certain to come up empty. If they are right, it appears with the area, terrain and the pure enormity of this task, it's still a very, very difficult search. I wish we knew what JM did that early Saturday morning after Hannah got into his car. If the pings from his cell phone give LE some idea of what paths he took, it would be great. Really great if they led to Hannah.

IF the FBI send more than just FBI Quantico Academy students, personnel such as listed on their website (don't want to get too particular, get hopes up, or interfere) then the 'next phase' might involve investigation, intervention, and multiple victims and types of crimes by JLM and others. We don't know even a fraction of what LE knows or what their plans may be.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

this is cell pings from a cell phone

google location history is what can be used you can even look up your own phone and where you have been ihad called the tip line a few weeks ago with the info I just hope they used it

They are working from phone records, trying to get to the spot given by the records, not working from pings detected on the ground. (if that makes sense)

How do we know that? You mean calls placed/received as opposed to pings from towers?

(Please forgive another 'IF I were LE' post)

IF I were LE and had 300 bright-eyed, bush-tailed young FBI Academy whipper-snappers coming into town to help, I would email ahead and get them hopping on some research to answer questions and help to target the land/property searches for Hannah Graham when they get to C'ville:

- Genealogy of Carr and Matthew families, property records, court cases involving JLM's family that might cause grudges, feuds, etc.
- Connections to other disappearances and murders of women (particularly blonde preppy types) in area.
- Computerized comparisons to identify correlations of all the cases.
- Look at JLM cell phones (if he had multiple phones) data not for just recent since or just before HG was abducted, but for every rape, crime, disappearance, etc. as far back as they can go. (expedite this - tell a Judge they need to know if Hannah is still alive).

What else?

What would you ask the FEDs to do (if you were LE) to narrow the search?

Scouring all the available film from camera's leading away from the area they were last seen together. He has to be caught on camera somewhere driving away.

Do we know his gramdfathers name?

Hi all,

I'm new to WS and am still catching up but have been really impressed by everyone's insights and analyses!

Anyway, I've been doing some genealogy searching and was able to find his grandfather's name but I'm not going to post it (against forum rules). However, it appears that he was buried in what was formerly called the Carr Family Cemetery, which (I think) is now part of the Ivy Creek Natural Area in Charlottesville. If you look it up, you can see that that area is just over a mile away from Albemarle High School (where I believe JM attended high school prior to transferring to Monticello... does anyone else remember reading this somewhere?).

Ivy Creek Natural Area is not only right by Ivy Creek, but also the South Fork of the Rivanna River.

FWIW, here are some other nearby cemeteries that appear to be associated with the family:
Rose Hill Cemetery
Oakwood Cemetery
Chapman Grove Baptist Church Cemetery

IMO/MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors