Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it works. LE cannot get a search warrent without good reason. I don't think they searched his relative's homes, even though it is certainly likely, really a certainty, that JM had some things stashed there. THey could ask for things, but if the homeowner refuses to permit LE to search, that homeowner could just say s/he will keep an eye out. If caught destroying it or hiding a sought item, it's one thing, but simply not to look for it, not have found it, a whole other. Those sympathetic to somone in JM's situation, may well decide not to look or if they find the item, hide it further. Not so easy to get caught red handed. It would not be unusual if family and friends refuse to open up their homes to LE searches and not give up any items they might have of JM's. When it becomes a breach of law under obstruction of justice or other such charge, I don't know.

Right, but knowingly hiding something that is asked for would be obstruction. Simply not looking and not knowing would not.

I realize they can not intitate it. However, when always asked about whether they were talking with JM, they have always responded that they haven't but they would like to. Recently when asked, LE responded that they aren't going to talk about it. . .or something like that. I believe there is strategy involving some type of communication at this time.

No one has to answer questions. A lawyer just makes it official because if police are not v-e-r-y careful, the lawyers know how to swiftly bring sanctions down on their heads. Of course they would love to talk to JM. He could give them very good ideas of where to search, I 'm sure, we are all sure. But he's not talking. And LE cannot make derogatory comments or any comments that can be so construed without getting swat down. It's JM's right to remain silent and it has to be respected by LE. In the meantime, LE is searching for a missing person, has to look at the parents' agonized faces, know that a dangerous perp might get loose if the body's not found, and yet they can't do squat about it when it comes to JM. I can understand that they do not want to discuss it because there is probably a lot of vitriole bubbling in there about the son of a gun who is putting them through this whole thing, causing all of this grief when he probably knows exactly where Hannah is. As far as LE is concerned, JM's not talking is a reason for this search, what he did the main reason for it.

The missing clothes mean they were not clean. Therefore, he must have left evidence of HG in his car.

Blood, DNA that contaminated the clothes and therefore the car.

Washing up in some kind of water makes sense. He would know from experience that would be necessary.

They don't seem to have much confidence at getting a conviction for either of the 3 cases, if they are willing to spend tens of millions of dollars on the search, when finding Hannah doesn't even guarantee, as each week goes by, that there will be evidence left.

Given the forensic links, there is good reason for spending time and resources for this search. This could be a huge case, and JM could be a very dangerous person if he is guilty of these crimes. If he goes free, that's one dangerous dude running loose. So the search is worth a whole lot to get him put away.

We have no idea what kind of evidence LE has. They just haven't shared specifics with us. They certainly have enough to authorize quite the search. As LE and MSM have said, this is the most extensive, and probably the most expensive search that VIrginia has had.

The missing clothes mean they were not clean. Therefore, he must have left evidence of HG in his car.

Blood, DNA that contsminated the clothes and therefore the car.

Washing up in some kind of water makes sense. He would know from experience that would be necessary.

JM wore the clothes. From reports of those at the mall, he was sweating profusely. Of course the clothes likely had to be washed--whether he did that or pitched them or burned them, who knows? They likely had Hannah's DNA on them as he was close to her, even if he did not do anything. It could be as simple as he went to a relative or friend's house, washed them there and left them and they aren't giving them up. He should have washed them, done the wash anyways even if there were no issues.

Makes sense that LE has the clothes that he and Hannah were wearing that morning on their search list. I'm surprised they did not get them from the search from the car and apartment. I assumed that they had the way it was worded about all the evidence they got from those searches. Hannah's clothes, I 'm not surprised Le is searching for, as MH"s shirt was in a separate locale from MH. Also, they are likely to be with Hannah. And her phone, we all knew was missing. JM's clothes, yes, it's a surprise because I thought LE had them already.

Right, but knowingly hiding something that is asked for would be obstruction. Simply not looking and not knowing would not.
But proving a given person knew where the items were and did not offer up the info is not easy to do. Without a search warrent, LE cannot go and look themselves.

They don't seem to have much confidence at getting a conviction for either of the 3 cases, if they are willing to spend tens of millions of dollars on the search, when finding Hannah doesn't even guarantee, as each week goes by, that there will be evidence left.

Many of the searchers, even professional law enforcement, are volunteers - giving their time for FREE. That is touching and admirable - as hard as they work at their regular jobs - to give their time because they care and have compassion.

I think Hannah is buried somewhere and she may never be found. And his clothes are long gone too, he probably got rid of them as quickly as he could. He knew his gig was up for sure when he saw himself on the film. The only hope that LE has, to me, is if someone comes forward and shares what they know. There is someone out there that had to suspect or knows something. MOO

since I feel he is the perp, but I never heard of MH until now, those of you that followed MH, do you feel that people knew something about MH?

To me, nothing has come out in terms of "a ha", with him except maybe for the cab drivers and friends thinking he looks like the sketch.

Maybe with HG, people who know him will think of something that is relevant beause they are believers now.

Blood, DNA that contaminated the clothes and therefore the car.

I realize this is 100% me most likely, but I am not following. Will you please explain it to me like I am 5? :)

I think Hannah is buried somewhere and she may never be found. And his clothes are long gone too, he probably got rid of them as quickly as he could. He knew his gig was up for sure when he saw himself on the film. The only hope that LE has, to me, is if someone comes forward and shares what they know. There is someone out there that had to suspect or knows something. MOO

BBM/ Maybe not. I don't think so. Neither does LE since that's the whole point of this search. It's not unusual for bodies to be this well hidden. Not easy to find bodies especially in an area like Charlottesville. With the cadaver dogs on the run, if they just hit the right area, they could find Hannah. Even if buried. As for his clothes, they could have been in the bottom of grandma's wash basket until all of this hit the fan for JM's family. Or he could have pitched them somewhere and someone comes across them. I don't think he saw himself on film, necessarily either. The way he ran away, I think he might have done it earlier had he seen himself caught with Hannah.

The search is not just for Hannah but for any evidence that might still be out there that can contribute to the knowledge of what happened to Hannah. There was a blog that was linked to a UVA student who did partake in a search of Hannah, and the list of things the searchers are told to look for are not limited to Hannah and her things.

BBM This made me think. Not that no one knew Hannah, but that no one at Tempo knew JM. According to reports, JM was a "regular" at the downtown mall. But he wasn't a regular at Tempo. The door girl thought he was obnoxious, and because she thought that he stood out to her when he left with Hannah. But there wasn't one person there that knew JM either, who could have gone up to him and asked him if the girl he was with was ok.

That might have emboldened him to take advantage of the situation. I doubt he ever thought of cameras or he wouldn't go "hunting" for women in that area. Otherwise his best bet would be to find out where Hannah (or any target) was heading to and let them walk off to pick them up down the road away from Tempo or some other bar.

I hope searchers are looking inside and in the trunks of any old abandoned vehicles they come across on private property. Those would make a handy, easy, grave.

Everyone seems to only be thinking about places that JLM is familiar with. Maybe he took Hannah someplace SHE was familiar with. In a scenario where JLM would fear being stopped by LE for ANY of the many possible reasons previously discussed throughout the thread, he may not attack his victim(s) until arriving at a "safe" place. This way if he is stopped while he has his soon to be victim in his car, the victim, in this case Hannah, would be none yet the wiser and JLM can ditch his plan. If Hannah was wanting to "party" with JLM, he might have asked her about places SHE is familiar with that would provide a safe haven for such activities. There are many who think it appears as though Hannah was looking for someone in particular; others think she and JLM might have been previously acquainted. Some think Hannah joined JLM willingly and left with him willingly as well. Maybe LE needs to start searching areas that were familiar to HANNAH! If LE hasn't already asked these questions of her friends, it might be time to do so. JMO

Everyone seems to only be thinking about places that JLM is familiar with. Maybe he took Hannah someplace SHE was familiar with. In a scenario where JLM would fear being stopped by LE for ANY of the many possible reasons previously discussed throughout the thread, he may not attack his victim(s) until arriving at a "safe" place. This way if he is stopped while he has his soon to be victim in his car, the victim, in this case Hannah, would be none yet the wiser and JLM can ditch his plan. If Hannah was wanting to "party" with JLM, he might have asked her about places SHE is familiar with that would provide a safe haven for such activities. There are many who think it appears as though Hannah was looking for someone in particular; others think she and JLM might have been previously acquainted. Some think Hannah joined JLM willingly and left with him willingly as well. Maybe LE needs to start searching areas that were familiar to HANNAH! If LE hasn't already asked these questions of her friends, it might be time to do so. JMO

Additionally, he may have put her in a random place that has no significance or meaning at all, and he was simply in a panic to get rid of her. Statistics do show that perps place their victims in a place that is familiar to them, but he was familiar with most everywhere in the area, so that makes every well thought location a crap shoot.

I just hate the fact that he was able to run before all of this came about. Her clothes and cell phone could be in TX by now, however I feel he discarded them before that considering they searched his apartment. He probably discarded everything when he saw his own self in the news on that mall footage.

Or maybe he boxed it up and left it with mom, grandma or sister? Or best friend?

Or maybe he boxed it up and left it with mom, grandma or sister? Or best friend?

Now this could be possible. I have a feeling LE was speaking to someone close to JM today when they stated someone knows something. JMO

"Never ever give up CPD Chief Longo"!

<sniped from article link>

From the beginning, he has been in the public eye, pleading for information in the investigation and not holding back any emotion. "I think lots of folks would like to say ‘You're a public servant, you're the police chief first.' It's kind of naive to think that. The police chief wears this uniform, but under this uniform is a person who can't help but to feel things and to be compassionate and to put on his dad hat or his husband hat."

The chief isn't the only one who has a hard time letting it go. Investigators are working around the clock without a day off since Graham disappeared.

"You're left wondering - am I doing everything I can do?” he said. “Is there something I haven't thought about, something I haven't prayed about?"

Something that will lead to finding a young girl; something to answer the heartbreaking question for her parents: what happened to Hannah?

"Perhaps this is the day we can reach out to John and Susan Graham and say that we've gotten to a place that we've been working so hard to get to. It's been 30 days and all of us have a sense of what that find might be, but nevertheless it's the opportunity to bring Hannah back to her parents with the dignity that she deserves."

Longo says if resources dwindle they'll rethink their position, but for right now he says they will continue to move forward.

Stay Strong by Heather Cohen
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members