Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I wonder. This is being called "the biggest search effort Virginia has ever seen" (and that was as of 10/2!). http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26679899/crews-to-use-drone-in-search-for-hannah-graham

WHY? If they have him on MH. Why? If they have him on Fairfax. Why?

Are they looking for anything besides Hannah, and how will finding Hannah help them (and will it help them with more than just JM?) such that they are willing to extend this into a second month with hundreds of searchers?

ETA: While you ponder his possible knowledge of Corll and other SKs (someone mentioned he would have passed locations of two others on his way to Texas) and the fact that Corll's mass burial site is where he was found, with only one road in and out, remember he's a football player. Football is competitive and extremely superstitious, with use of certain "plays" and strategy. MH was placed "with intent." I know I've said all that before, but I think if we think that way, we might just figure this guy out and figure out where Hannah could be. Any SKs with the first name George?

The search for Hannah is most important because NOW is the optimal time going forward that we have for getting as much evidence as possible to put away someone who is very dangerous. Not to mention bringing closure to Hannah's family. Hannah almost certainly has to be within a small area here, in the scope of things, though enormous in terms of search. Also, I am not sure how much evidence LE has on JM right now and whether it's enough to secure a conviction that will put him away for a long time without finding Hannah. That makes the search imperitive.

That there is a link to the MH case and the MH case has a link to the Fairfax rape case, points strongly to a serial rapist, killer. Yet how much evidence LE has at hand that is usable in a court of law to secure a conviction, we don't know. The search is imperative in that it can really get the ball rolling to keep a very dangerous person out of circulation.

Also, there is a momentum that has built up in this church and LE needs every thing they can get to find Hannah. The area around Charlottesville, as stunningly beautiful as it is, has a lot of places where one can hide things and finding them can be close to impossible. With memories still fresh, technological data to help, with all those willing to help, there is no better time than now to search.

I personally don't believe the name "George" has any significance in helping the search. Just a name picked off the top of his head. I 'd like to figure out what good hidey place was right there at the top of JM's head that morning after he had Hannah in the car. Quick, close, easy, yet hard to find. I don't think he'd have had the patience to have gone any distance. He'd want to make his moves, get his pleasures as soon as possible. And unless there was a cadaver hit for the car, he would have left the body right where he took it and used it. That LE limited the search radius to 8 miles, makes me think that he did not make a second trip with a body in his car to hide the body elsewhere. LE would have gotten some timeline on JM as to when he was seen next on Saturday and whether he was out of sight for a long stretch of time that week. I don't think so.

Hi, all. This is my first post; however, I have followed many, many cases here and never cease to be amazed by the dedication and insightful posts in these threads. This is the case that has finally brought me out of lurkdom. I have felt in my gut from the beginning that this case was different, BIGGER, somehow, from the moment we had a suspect named. I do feel that Hannah will be found, and I feel it will be soon. The prominent FBI presence when JM was apprehended hinted that there was much more to this case, and the announcement of more FBI resources to come causes me to believe that they have significant information that will lead to her and probably much, much more.

Welcome, SouthernSleuther! Good points and intuition thinking this case was big. Totally agree!

The prominent FBI presence when JM was apprehended hinted that there was much more to this case, and the announcement of more FBI resources to come causes me to believe that they have significant information that will lead to her and probably much, much more.

I agree you with 100%. It's bone chilling as you look at all the missing women in the area over time.

Very glad you're here and posting. Hope to hear more. Thank you!

If you have a chance to check out post #283 on the thread below, so graciously compiled by a WSer, it may confirm your thoughts.

*Rapes per 10,000 should state "Reported Rapes per 10,000 individuals".

i saw search and rescue vehicles, and the dive team trailer at ivy creek natural area last week.

also, I believe from some conversations i had with locals that JLM attended Stony Point Elementary School. He may have also attended Red Hill at some point, but he definitely was a student at Stony Point. Search teams have been scouring the area between 250 and stony Point along route 20 N, just as they have been searching the area along 29S near Red Hill.

The search for Hannah is most important because NOW.

Good evening, jamicat. You usually preface your comments with LE not having evidence. After having heard that same line over and over again, for what, like 3 weeks, with him in jail, all the new information, well, quite honestly, I have trouble reading the rest. The trial and the evidence will happen or he'll take a plea, but that discussion and line of reasoning should most likely go here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257735-The-Charges-Against-Jesse-Leroy-Matthew

Apologies if this sounds mean or assumptive. It gets frustrating having thread after thread closed because of off topic distractions. Any new thoughts that would help?

i saw search and rescue vehicles, and the dive team trailer at ivy creek natural area last week.

also, I believe from some conversations i had with locals that JLM attended Stony Point Elementary School. He may have also attended Red Hill at some point, but he definitely was a student at Stony Point. Search teams have been scouring the area between 250 and stony Point along route 20 N, just as they have been searching the area along 29S near Red Hill.

Thank you! I was hoping to get some kind of confirmation on that.

Wet weather halts search for Hannah Graham

The article states that the hiatus (Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 14-15) is useful, however, in that it will enable the search team to regroup and reassess priority areas. More than 100 law enforcement officers will return to Charlottesville this weekend. I am praying that their efforts will bring closure to Hannah's family, friends, and our community.

True, it's a "look" as old as Huck Finn: high-water pants or rolled pants, and bare feet (or, these days, how about waterproof crocs)? I hope friends have informed police about what sort of fishing JM was into, if it was shallow water and streams, or what.

This site might be useful. I typed in fishing spots in Charlottesville but I guess you could narrow the results to smaller towns or areas JM was known to frequent.

http://www.scout.me/fishing-spots--near--charlottesville-va

Hi, all. This is my first post; however, I have followed many, many cases here and never cease to be amazed by the dedication and insightful posts in these threads. This is the case that has finally brought me out of lurkdom. I have felt in my gut from the beginning that this case was different, BIGGER, somehow, from the moment we had a suspect named. I do feel that Hannah will be found, and I feel it will be soon. The prominent FBI presence when JM was apprehended hinted that there was much more to this case, and the announcement of more FBI resources to come causes me to believe that they have significant information that will lead to her and probably much, much more.

Welcome SouthernSleuther!!

:welcome:

Wet weather halts search for Hannah Graham

The article states that the hiatus (Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 14-15) is useful, however, in that it will enable the search team to regroup and reassess priority areas. More than 100 law enforcement officers will return to Charlottesville this weekend. I am praying that their efforts will bring closure to Hannah's family, friends, and our community.

I had so hoped to get here and see she had been found. The weather came through here today and I must say so many leaves have fallen as a result that I fear there is even more ground cover that would cover up a possible grave, etc. My prayers are with all.

That's what I wonder. This is being called "the biggest search effort Virginia has ever seen" (and that was as of 10/2!). http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26679899/crews-to-use-drone-in-search-for-hannah-graham

WHY? If they have him on MH. Why? If they have him on Fairfax. Why?

Are they looking for anything besides Hannah, and how will finding Hannah help them (and will it help them with more than just JM?) such that they are willing to extend this into a second month with hundreds of searchers?

ETA: While you ponder his possible knowledge of Corll and other SKs (someone mentioned he would have passed locations of two others on his way to Texas) and the fact that Corll's mass burial site is where he was found, with only one road in and out, remember he's a football player. Football is competitive and extremely superstitious, with use of certain "plays" and strategy. MH was placed "with intent." I know I've said all that before, but I think if we think that way, we might just figure this guy out and figure out where Hannah could be. Any SKs with the first name George?

The biggest search in Oregon history was for Kyron Horman. Terri Horman is not a serial killer, has not killed anyone else in the past 4 and half years, and Kyron's disappearance was not part of some complex, multi-faceted plot. So having a huge search doesn't mean any of that.

Thanks so much for the local information; wish I could get down from Maine to help. Hannah has to be found. Everyone is trying so hard. My thoughts are with you all in Virginia.

Yes, it's possible the cell phone passed thru the area and NOT to the next cell tower...or turned off at that time. What I'm saying is that if LE has any cell tower data, then they will know the general direction (well duh, it's probably NE to SW) and which last two towers it pinged... In order. I don't think they guy is smart enough to think to turn the entire phone off..but maybe he is. Anyway, if he didn't...the LE has pretty much automatically narrowed it down quite a bit.

I wondered if he stuck it in a mail box over there . Stashed it out of the way.

I am thinking he either hates the whole route 29 stalker thing or loves it.

Can you guys picture how confused this guy was when Alexis went missing and they were talking about the missing girls and how freaked out he was when her car was found in C ville and they kept talking about Morgan. The murderer is taking heat for someone elses crime.

He must have been really mind blown When Randy then blamed a guy with cow rows with a red car. He probably was very on edge around that time. So IMO he either wanted to distance himself from route 29 or he wants to keep the label and make it his own.

I wonder if he followed Alexis case extra carefully.

I followed Morgan's case and No the search was not this involved at all. If we rate the search efforts for Hannah a ten--Morgans was perhaps a one and a half.

My belief is that with Morgan's disappearance LE seemed to think she would turn up after an alcohol/drug binge.

With HG, they have the CCV footage, therefore the authorities knew immediately that something was terribly wrong when she was reported missing.

I feel quite certain that LE suspects that JM is a serial killer. My prayer is that they find Hannah soon.

The Harrington's always said that the murderer of Morgan would one day slip up and he would be caught. It took almost 5 years--but he is finally behind bars. It's a shame that it may well have cost HG, and untold others, their lives.

Hannah is one of "their own". Morgan was an outsider.

Sometimes people's comments are very snobby and dismissive. I read several that made it sound like G's info had caused massive amounts of important info to be lost forever. I am no moderator but it really didn't seem like he was posting anything more than what many others have posted, except that he was was an actual property owner rather than reporting a location someone drove past. I'm glad thread 3 is still available and I hope G comes back, and more than anything I hope Hannah is FOUND!

I think the discussion of the search changing is that LE has gotten specific info back on cell phone pings and locations, and they're activating Quantico resources to put a huge amount of manpower into those specific areas. The quote made it sound like Quantico just casually was like oh hey, you guys want some help? But I bet they've been on standby waiting for these phone records. They can compare drone footage, private airplane footage, and cell phone pings and put a whole lot of men on the ground right where they need them.

Please God help them find her!

ETA and by "men" on the ground I mean "men and women" :)

JM went dark.. Who does that remind you of, bestill?

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/
On road trips when IK planned crimes, he "went dark," erasing any electronic trail.
Thirty-four years old, uncaring eyes set deep in a stony face, Keyes began to recite his modus operandi as if reading off a checklist from the serial killer's handbook.
Rule #1: Must have multiple personalities.

"There is no one who knows me," he said in a raspy voice, "or who has ever known me, who knows anything about me, really." Talk with them and you'll get the he-was-a-nice-quiet-guy answer.

There was the likable, easygoing Keyes, who became an atheist despite—or perhaps because of—being raised in a Bible-thumping home of 10 kids.
Rule #2: Pick your victims at random.
To anyone who would ask why he killed, Keyes would answer: "Why not?"

<sniped - read more>
Wow just read this. I live near the WA areas he was in. This guy sounds like he was terrifying.

JM went dark.. Who does that remind you of, bestill?

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/
On road trips when IK planned crimes, he "went dark," erasing any electronic trail.
Thirty-four years old, uncaring eyes set deep in a stony face, Keyes began to recite his modus operandi as if reading off a checklist from the serial killer's handbook.
Rule #1: Must have multiple personalities.

"There is no one who knows me," he said in a raspy voice, "or who has ever known me, who knows anything about me, really." Talk with them and you'll get the he-was-a-nice-quiet-guy answer.

There was the likable, easygoing Keyes, who became an atheist despite—or perhaps because of—being raised in a Bible-thumping home of 10 kids.
Rule #2: Pick your victims at random.
To anyone who would ask why he killed, Keyes would answer: "Why not?"

<sniped - read more>
I am of the opinion that like this guy who idolized Bundy, JM has a thing for the serial killer who used the Galveston beach as one of his mass burial sites. Why else would he go there? I don't get it.
I am starting to think there is a mass gravesite somewhere in VA where he's buried other victims. Anyone else feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor