Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine if they think there is something there, they will come prepared with everything they need to document and process what they find.

For people who are experts or maybe even trained somewhat, they can recognize disturbed soil.

I imagine it sinks in and the rain would have a big impact on revealing soil that has been displaced.

If not Hannah, then maybe someome else

Thats what I think .IMO.

Not a canine expert at all. Would canines received a new scent after our recent rain? Or do we think canines picked up scent earlier and now going back to dig? (As previous poster, feel lead from canine is different than park going to search.)

Thank you! Honestly, I was confusing the two. I had assumed the dig and the volunteer search were both at WCPark.
Sooooo, it could be that they are digging near Gilamons place afterall...JMO pure speculation
Gilamon said her/his farm was 14 miles south of Cville off old Lynchburg rd. WCPark is 11 miles in the same direction, off the same road.

Gilamon? Are you here?

I'm wondering if they found something yesterday when they were searching near the Covenant School.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/279485372.html

Not a canine expert at all. Would canines received a new scent after our recent rain? Or do we think canines picked up scent earlier and now going back to dig? (As previous poster, feel lead from canine is different than park going to search.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...p-Answers-Ask-the-Pros!&p=6031849#post6031849

Websleuths' very own Ask the Pros forum about K9 SAR. :) (But my understanding is that scent from either Hannah or JM is gone by now. Human remains detection dogs would be the only ones useful at this point. So an alert could be any human. But I'm no pro so head over there.)

I'm still so confused. I can't understand why there would be a 2-day advance notice 200 person volunteer public search with digging if there were anything specific to go on (ping, dog-hit, etc.) It doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Thank you for your post. JLM worked at Covenant. He would be very comfortable and familiar with this area.

I'm still so confused. I can't understand why there would be a 2-day advance notice 200 person volunteer public search with digging if there were anything specific to go on (ping, dog-hit, etc.) It doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

I think there are two separate things happening:

1. Searchers digging at some unknown site (probably the pros, with LE by their side).
2. Volunteer searchers searching a park elsewhere on Sunday.

As far as we can tell, they are two separate operations. One's in the park--that's the public search on Sunday--and the digging is at an undisclosed location and time.

Because the volunteer search might not be in the same location as the digging.

Maybe the whole thing is a morale-building exercise, a way to elicit the public's continued involvement in the case. I find it hard to believe that they really want 200 inexperienced people tromping through a potential crime scene.

All my opinion only, pure speculation.

Thank you. Here in Va. this area had major rains this week. And I read they can pick up scents when buried. I will have to head over there. (I'm curious if this scent before or after rain. I know you can't answer. Thinking out loud.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...p-Answers-Ask-the-Pros!&p=6031849#post6031849

Websleuths' very own Ask the Pros forum about K9 SAR. :) (But my understanding is that scent from either Hannah or JM is gone by now. Human remains detection dogs would be the only ones useful at this point. So an alert could be any human. But I'm no pro so head over there.)

Maybe the whole thing is a morale-building exercise, a way to elicit the public's continued involvement in the case. I find it hard to believe that they really want 200 inexperienced people tromping through a potential crime scene.

All my opinion only, pure speculation.

I had the same thought, because at one point I recall hearing Wolf or Coy refer to it as Hike for Hannah, like it had been given a name. Made me think of a walk-a-thon or something...

Thanx for keeping us updated on the HG search everyone.. The news of the dig seems very promising, imo.. Prayers for a successful search outcome and eventual justice for HG, MH, and any other unknown victims of JM..

IMO Unless searchers had previously searched Walnut Creek Park and dogs had "Indication" the digging would not be there.

I don't know if they did or not.

Also the transcript for today's Situation room does now include the interview with Coy Barefoot. Everything else from the show is there. Makes no sense to me, yesterdays interview is there...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/17/sitroom.02.html

Not far. I can't say I have driven to Anchorage from that park but I know the area and would guess 10 minutes maybe. One thing to understand is that the greater Charlottesville area is very large geographically---it takes an hour to go from one outlying side to the other if that makes sense. I used to live on the south side near Monticello but to get to North Garden was still a drive even though it too is on the south side of town. Now I live north of cvilld and it is unusual for me to travel back to that side of town because it is time-consuming. So, when I see that they are looking at this park, to me it makes sense because it is the same area as Anchorage even if it takes 10-15 minutes to drive between the two points. Plus, you have to realize that if you leave Charlottesville and get on 29 south, you take a right on Red Hill to get to the back of Anchorage and take a left on Red Hill to get to the park.

So true! What people don't realize about Charlottesville is the main point of access is 29. Which is a mess of shopping centers and multiple traffic lights, all the way into town. Not to mention, all the 250 construction. I too, now live north of town after having lived in the city. JM was not a stranger to 29 or 250. I think it's very logical that he took a back road like to 5th st extended or 20 S.

I had the same thought, because at one point I recall hearing Wolf or Coy refer to it as Hike for Hannah, like it had been given a name. Made me think of a walk-a-thon or something...
Good points, thanks. Also, there still is the chance that missing phone, clothes, etc. could be found there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber