Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered the same thing Daae! Perhaps LE found a shovel in his trunk when they searched and impounded his vehicle. I'm not sure how long it takes for results of soil samples but I'm wondering if this is led LE to begin digging at the undisclosed location we are hearing of. JMO.
I am fairly certain I read early on that they took soil samples from his car tires. We have many different types of soil around here and in some places they mix, making the locations easier to identify. I am no expert in soil so these are just my observations. When I lived in southern Albemarle, the farm had some red clay but also gray clay and just good "dirt." Where I am now is solid red clay (beautiful grass and trees but ugh when it is wet). East of Charlottesville is more gray than red. Etc. I wonder if they tracked down the general area of a soil match finally and then used the dogs in that area and that is where they are digging.

Thank you!! I know we are all hoping the hits yield something.

I know that teams of both air scent and cadaver dogs have all been part of this search and the teams I am aware of employee both kinds of dogs.
I have NO clue what they are using for their scent targets, so I really cant comment on the specific scents they are targeting.

Cadaver scents...well that's pretty obvious and at 3 weeks, the chemical output is still at a point where even a weak team will get hits

IIRC correctly the police said they were also looking for JLMs clothes that he was wearing the night Hannah went missing.

If the clothes have disappeared then maybe he did adapt to MH being found and decided to bury HG.

If that does indeed turn out to be the case, I hope he was stupid enough to bury his clothes in the same spot.

I missed the news that they are still looking for his clothing from that night. Interesting.

this is off topic, but WHEN WILL THEY PUT VIOLENT SEX OFFENDERS AWAY FOR GOOD?! OR CASTRATE THEM! This guy gets 15 years, so what's going to happen when he gets out?! They are ALL repeat offenders who get worse as time goes on. I'm so sick of it! I'm afraid to let my daughters walk and ride bikes. I let them because they need physical activity, but I say a prayer to their guardian angels and kind of suppress my fear as they ride off. We live in a great safe neighborhood, and I check the watchdog sex offender sites often to make sure none are close by. But it's still so sad that parents have to fear letting their children play!

http://www.wset.com/story/26797382/...oman-to-have-sex-with-as-many-as-30-men-a-day

This could explain the text to the friends "I'm lost..." and the timing of it, kwim?

I've always doubted that JM sent the last text. However, if Hannah had mentioned that she had been wandering--looking for a party, and occasionally texting friends, he well may have seen the need to throw them off with the wrong address. But absent that kind of conversation, why would he even use the word, "lost" --seems that would just alert her friends: "Hey, we better go check on Hannah." Why not just let it be? It's late Friday night and everyone's busy partying...

I've always doubted that JM sent the last text. However, if Hannah had mentioned that she had been wandering--looking for a party, and occasionally texting friends, he well may have seen the need to throw them off with the wrong address. But absent that kind of conversation, why would he even use the word, "lost" --seems that would just alert her friends: "Hey, we better go check on Hannah." Why not just let it be? It's late Friday night and everyone's busy partying...

I completely agree. Once they released the info that her last text was around 1:06 not 1:20, I think that confirmed in my mind that she sent that "lost" text as she was walking in the wrong direction. Can we post pictures on here? If so, how? I took a picture of a sign that she walked by on Preston that is really confusing and I think might have sent her continuing in the wrong direction.

I didn't realize the last text was earlier, now I'm clearer on that. Thanks. Any news on where they are actually searching today?

I completely agree. Once they released the info that her last text was around 1:06 not 1:20, I think that confirmed in my mind that she sent that "lost" text as she was walking in the wrong direction. Can we post pictures on here? If so, how? I took a picture of a sign that she walked by on Preston that is really confusing and I think might have sent her continuing in the wrong direction.

Thanks, dda, for reminding me about the 1:06 vs 1:20 timeline of the text....that in itself negates JM as sending it, IMO.

I am fairly certain I read early on that they took soil samples from his car tires. We have many different types of soil around here and in some places they mix, making the locations easier to identify. I am no expert in soil so these are just my observations. When I lived in southern Albemarle, the farm had some red clay but also gray clay and just good "dirt." Where I am now is solid red clay (beautiful grass and trees but ugh when it is wet). East of Charlottesville is more gray than red. Etc. I wonder if they tracked down the general area of a soil match finally and then used the dogs in that area and that is where they are digging.

There were posts on here earlier on how soil has been analyzed in VA because of growing grapes for wine.

Soil is very very complex. It appears that there was no info gleaned because of the wide search areas.

I didn't realize the last text was earlier, now I'm clearer on that. Thanks. Any news on where they are actually searching today?

The last text was earlier? Hmm. DIdn't catch that. I thought maybe Hannah sent it at around 1:20 in anticipation of having JM drop her off at that corner or in that area.

LE doesn't seem to think the phone was pitched in Tempo or in Charlottesville in that they list it as an item for searchers to watch for. I thought being an i Phone short of removing the battery or throiwing it in water, it would give some signal of some sort, and that what LE has isn't just down town where they already know she was there, but possibly where she headed out. I'm confused now as to when the last text was written, sent out and the last signal or blip or anything from her phone.

It would make sense that they would have done so, but it doesn't appear as though it narrowed the search. Instead of cleaning the car of where he had been that Saturday, JR could simply go to random places and leave signs of that soil on the car. He had several days to just drive his car briefly into some mud, muck off paths so that so much was on the car, not to mention where he might have been earlier that it didn't narrow things down at all.

The last text was earlier? Hmm. DIdn't catch that. I thought maybe Hannah sent it at around 1:20 in anticipation of having JM drop her off at that corner or in that area.

LE doesn't seem to think the phone was pitched in Tempo or in Charlottesville in that they list it as an item for searchers to watch for. I thought being an i Phone short of removing the battery or throiwing it in water, it would give some signal of some sort, and that what LE has isn't just down town where they already know she was there, but possibly where she headed out. I'm confused now as to when the last text was written, sent out and the last signal or blip or anything from her phone.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

Last texted friends at 1:06 around the same time she encountered Matthew according to the Post. Also, I wouldn't assume that just because the cell phone or anything else is on the list of items to search for that LE has ruled out locations where it might be located. I would imagine they are open to all possibilities until items are located although I am sure they have theories. I have wondered all along where she kept her iPhone given her outfit (no pockets that I can see) and no purse. Whenever I have tried to tuck my phone into my yoga pants with no pockets, it doesn't stay put for very long:)

Just getting caught up here and noticed that there were some posts on Twitter referencing an article with the phrase "Hannah Graham's Body Found". The link appears to be removed from the CNN site that the link referenced. Appears it could be a hoax. But are folks aware of this and has it been put to rest?

There was also a link posted to a twitter-type feed that had a re-post by someone named Crystal Abram claiming that her farm was searched because of a cell phone ping. I can't find any reference to that anymore---was that removed by a moderator?

There was also a link posted to a twitter-type feed that had a re-post by someone named Crystal Abram claiming that her farm was searched because of a cell phone ping. I can't find any reference to that anymore---was that removed by a moderator?
That Crystal Abrams person had cut and pasted a post from here, from Gilamon. Gilamon is NOT Crystal Abrams, and I personally feel she should not have gone and posted a post from here onto somewhere else, looking for information, but that's what happened.

The original post by Gilamon was in The Search #2, I believe.

Just getting caught up here and noticed that there were some posts on Twitter referencing an article with the phrase "Hannah Graham's Body Found". The link appears to be removed from the CNN site that the link referenced. Appears it could be a hoax. But are folks aware of this and has it been put to rest?
Curious about this. Anyone else see this?

She had copied the post from the member here.

She lives out of virginia. I saw her admit that but she did not mention the website she copied the post from ,but it was from here.

To me I believe if she was going to copy the post she should have copy the whole post and not just the subject body JMO.

Was this today?

She had copied the post from the member here.

She lives out of virginia. I saw her admit that but she did not mention the website she copied the post from ,but it was from here.
Yes, she says she saw it on "WS" and it was a Copy and Paste, not paraphrased, so pretty easy to pin it to the original post :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc