Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #480 is in reply to Emaa's post on page 16...I hit the reply on her post but it ended up here...for those who might wonder...why this is coming out of the blue...

Post #480 is in reply to Emaa's post on page 16...I hit the reply on her post but it ended up here...for those who might wonder...why this is coming out of the blue...

If you click "Reply With Quote", the post that you are replying to will appear along with yours.

Also, there are some choices about how you want to set up and read the posts -- threaded or linear or hybrid (up near the top right hand corner -- "Display"). I'm guessing that the straight "Reply" is mainly for the threaded mode...?

Should searchers also be looking for cigarette butts if in fact JM is a smoker?
Wonder what brand he bought?
Indeed, how and why did JM pick this far off spot and why was he just sitting out there in a tent on the beach, sticking out like a sore thumb?

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jesse-matthew-arrest-shocks-texas-community/28256430
"Bachman said Matthew bought cigarettes and a honey bun from the store.

Residents in the area are shocked that Matthew chose Gilchrist – a small community of fishermen and raised cabins – to hide.

"This was totally a shock to the community. It was to me that this guy even found his way down here. It's a remote part of the country, so go figure, I don't know,” said Warren Adams."
bbm.

------------------------------------------------------
Good catch. I hope LE is able to determine what brand of cigarettes JM purchased.

Should searchers also be looking for cigarette butts if in fact JM is a smoker?
Wonder what brand he bought?
Indeed, how and why did JM pick this far off spot and why was he just sitting out there in a tent on the beach, sticking out like a sore thumb?

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jesse-matthew-arrest-shocks-texas-community/28256430
"Bachman said Matthew bought cigarettes and a honey bun from the store.

Residents in the area are shocked that Matthew chose Gilchrist – a small community of fishermen and raised cabins – to hide.

"This was totally a shock to the community. It was to me that this guy even found his way down here. It's a remote part of the country, so go figure, I don't know,” said Warren Adams."
bbm.

He liked to fish- maybe his ultimate goal was to get on a fisherman's boat and get out of dodge.

If you click "Reply With Quote", the post that you are replying to will appear along with yours.

Also, there are some choices about how you want to set up and read the posts -- threaded or linear or hybrid (up near the top right hand corner -- "Display"). I'm guessing that the straight "Reply" is mainly for the threaded mode...?
Thank you, veronica!

the 5th amendment protects you from incriminating yourself you never have to answer questions ever.

Anything? From basic info to things that have nothing to do with the case?

God Bless those searchers who are looking for Hannah. God bless Hannah that she is found soon!

I hope today is the day that Hannah is found. My heart goes out to her parents and family. They must be suffering so much.

According to the American Bar Association...."The ABA's Model Rules of Professional Conduct are a good place to start. Rule 1.6(b) gives attorneys permission to breach confidentiality when necessary to:

Prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm;
Prevent the client from committing certain types of crimes;
Prevent, mitigate or rectify substantial injury caused by a client's crime when the client used the lawyer's services to further that crime;
Secure legal advice about compliance with ethics rules;
Establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer;
Comply with other law or court order." http://blogs.findlaw.com/strategist/2012/05/when-are-you-required-to-breach-confidentiality.html

IF Hannah Graham is still alive and in captivity - and the lawyer knows it - then not telling police makes him an accessory (in my book, maybe not in the eyes of the law).
It would certainly be enabling the furtherance of that crime (in my book.)

According to the American Bar Association...."The ABA's Model Rules of Professional Conduct are a good place to start. Rule 1.6(b) gives attorneys permission to breach confidentiality when necessary to:

Prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm;
Prevent the client from committing certain types of crimes;
Prevent, mitigate or rectify substantial injury caused by a client's crime when the client used the lawyer's services to further that crime;
Secure legal advice about compliance with ethics rules;
Establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer;
Comply with other law or court order." http://blogs.findlaw.com/strategist/2012/05/when-are-you-required-to-breach-confidentiality.html

IF Hannah Graham is still alive and in captivity - and the lawyer knows it - then not telling police makes him an accessory (in my book, maybe not in the eyes of the law).
It would certainly be enabling the furtherance of that crime (in my book.)

I'm assuming since they seem rather concentrated on searching the southern parts of the county they either have a possible sighting in the area or maybe footage from him at a gas station close to that area.

Has this been posted? A commenter at the FHG facebook page found that a piece of rural undeveloped property on Ponderosa Trail has JL Matthew's name on it:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x89b3847d5af86aa7:0x39bbc8c4fa61910d

Don't know if it's JLM Junior or Senior. Neither seem likely to own property.

She called the CPD tip line and reported her findings and concerns.

I looked and didn't see that name. idk jmo

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWeb/Welcome.aspx

Now see, that is what I think is just messed up. IF he's confessed and Camblos knows and still doesn't tell LE, think of all the tax dollars (although as many pointed out, JM could still just not say where she is), but the torture HG's parents are going through not knowing. So sad.

In a case like this, it's sad and maddening that a guy who is likely guilty and who may have confessed to someone has that information protected by law for his own sake when it could relieve a lot of pain and uncertainty for people who don't know where a loved one is located, but you also have to keep in mind the bigger picture here. We have Constitutional protections for a reason, and if you want to strip them away because of an emotional response to a case like this, you are opening up the type of abuses that those protections are designed to prevent. The unfortunate reality is that LE must find Hannah and build their case against JM without his help regardless of what he has (or has not) told his attorney, and it is for the better for everyone that it stays that way.

In a case like this, it's sad and maddening that a guy who is likely guilty and who may have confessed to someone has that information protected by law for his own sake when it could relieve a lot of pain and uncertainty for people who don't know where a loved one is located, but you also have to keep in mind the bigger picture here. We have Constitutional protections for a reason, and if you want to strip them away because of an emotional response to a case like this, you are opening up the type of abuses that those protections are designed to prevent. The unfortunate reality is that LE must find Hannah and build their case against JM without his help regardless of what he has (or has not) told his attorney, and it is for the better for everyone that it stays that way.

bbm Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member